All member reviews for Jersey Shore

Reality show revels in crude Italian-American stereotypes.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCalifornian7777777 November 14, 2011

Nicely done but a negative influence

Its a really good sort of unique show. They do stereotype unfortunately like with most U.S. shows these days. U should have maturity to watch this show. But its still funny, the characters are irreplaceable, and they settings, plots, storylines and all that story element crap is perfect.
Parent Written byGrilledCheeseDeluxe July 6, 2012

Jersey Shore-The worst show ever made

Looking for garbage? Then you came to the right place; it's noting but worthless crap TV that floods your child's mind with despicable language and constant sexual connotations. It critisizes the Italian-American communities; allowing us to believe they are mentally corrupt. Such features mean this show is not only unsuitable for children, but also any other form of life.
Adult Written bycrashtx1 February 9, 2012

Garbage

This is so worthless it's hard to know where to begin. Really, it's like watching a show about the mentally challenged who don't know they are mentally challenged.
Parent of a 18 year old Written byDonutz August 11, 2011

The Deal

Here's the deal. It boils down to a need to monitor what your children are watching. This show is aimed at the college community/upper-class highschoolers, therefore if you're youngins are watching it, where are your parental controls? You don't even have to be in the room, just use the remote! What else are they going to be watching on MTV, Teen Mom? Get real. The issue of race is not the most predominant thing in this show,just a group of people that just HAPPENS to be comprised of some Italian-American's from Jersey. Honestly, taking it as seriously as a lot of people are is just glamorizing the show, and being so adamant against it is driving kids to be curious about it and possibly emulate the show.... If the kid is not mature enough to know about s*x and drinking....probably not mature enough for this show. If they do watch the show, just make sure to say you know they can do better, though it is good to have fun every once and a while... After all, it's not like Pauly and Vinny do nothing but outrageous, lewd antics every episode; though most of the comments about the behavior on the show aren't off base. Don't take the show so seriously, that's giving it much more attention than it deserves. Maybe teach your kid to drive or something, they'd probably welcome some sense of independence.
Adult Written bytverbutdoeshavealife April 7, 2011

who cares

you shouldnt really care for the people that watch shows like these. half of the audience is retarded, the other half just likes to see the stupidity that constantly plays out. besides,people who defend this show and tries to be like them are just sluts, and dumbasses, and nonone really cares what they think.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 27, 2011

May I first say this show SUCKS!!!!!!!!! I HATE IT!!!!!!!! Watching it was the worst decision in my freaking life!!!!! Sex is not appropriate because all the jobless deadbeats do is get girls and have sex with them. This one girl, Jenni, has enormusly big breasts they often talk about and make fun of. They always drink and are not the kind of role models for my kids!!!
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycalimojo January 11, 2011

Poor excuse for entertainment

There isn't one redeming quality for a single character on this program. I don't understand how this can be entertaining. It's a showcase of stupidity and a refection of the dumbing down of America. I don't want the manufactured drama a part of my child's life.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 10, 2012

Awful.

I've watched it like twice, and I won't watch it again.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2011

This is so boring!
Adult Written byatv009 March 12, 2011

A poor reality tv show

This show discus me in so many levels. I never been so ick in my life. Though the show is funny at some times, this show promotes sex and drinking in many ways. its a discusting potrayl of a Italian American.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byisaac4christ January 27, 2011

HATE IT
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 13, 2010

I'm definitly going to get pumbled for this I'm sure... oh well, proves my point exactly

Well, other people like it I suppose, and I'm pretty sure if I comment on my true feelings towrd the show I will be chewed out by many, MANY people. Oh well. Anyway, I really don't want to offend those who like the show, its something to watch, and it IS infact a tad intertaning, but, I really would rather not watch overly tan drunks running around like idiots. Its UNFORTUNITLY intertaning, but, of course, do not let your children watch it, don't through away the childrens' freedom, just spare their lives by NOT watching this. Like I said before, no offence to the stars of the show, and the fans of the show. But I see this show and must wonder, 'why do I want to waste my life watching this, I see the same stuff at school!' My guess now you are all thinking "well if she hates the show, why the hell is she reviewing it?" (the h-word was included because I'm sure some are furious at me at the moment) well, my responce to that question is: "Same reason YOU review things, to share your opinion" Anyway back to Jersey Shore, I seriously see no total purpose of this show (not that any show 'needs' a purpose) its just this show is a very popular show in America, which is a shame, because this is what our youth is watching, and some, not all, are learning from. Yes it is obvious many teenagers know these are not good role models, although, teenagers think they are 'cool' which, like I said, is sad. I just don't think we need shows like this now, in the worlds freakish state. The last thing I want to see is another drunk 13 year old walking down the street because he did that with his friends because of peer preasure, these shows are part, PART of the blame, admit it. I think its foolish of them to reanact their behavior, but it makes it much easier, go ahead fans chew me out, Its expected. But I don't see anything wrong with the fans, as long as they do not reinact, which I'm sure most of you are much smarter than to do that. So don't wig out, its just my personal opinion.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake August 17, 2010

I feel bad that some people like this, its mostly about big haired girls and shirtless guys having sex and getting drunk. Most of the time all they do is do that and scream at eachother. Why did they even start this? It sickens me that this IS reality, reality can be so much better, shows like this just influence the chaos more. I'm sick of this s"it, this stuff is all thats talked about and a person can only take so much. YES it should be for older people, older people that know better than to act like this. Are people so much desperate for intertanment they resorted to watching plastics drinking till they puke? I'm done with this, its getting out of hand and now they call it reality. How unfortunite.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystvn8or August 9, 2012

Horrible.

Not at all for any child of any age.
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2012

stupid!!!!!!!

ALL the kids watch it at my school, even my best friend, whats so enjoyable about it! just seeing abunch of ittalians be drunk and party all day!? its stupid and they can all die
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 February 3, 2011

good for any one as long as they can understand that it is fake

Ok well everything in this show is obviously fake so i dont see why anyone couldent watch it as long as they have the right mind set. You can even learn from this show - you can look at snookie and j-wows ect. behavior to see how not to act. And you can tell your kids "see this is why you dont want to get drunk you will end up like this" But over all this show is super funny XD
Adult Written bytruthfulrating4 April 9, 2010

Perfect for 12 and up

GREAT SHOW!
Adult Written bysega31098 August 21, 2012

Trash TV at its finest. But it has a great setting.

The trashy behaviour can many off. However, if you love decor and a fun setting, you should look at the surroundings. I just love the look of the Jersey Shore and the house the people stay in.
Parent of a 9 year old Written bycarter0617 November 4, 2010

what i say

i like it but it is not at all apporte for kids under 15 they get drunk they show them making out and reaching out for each others private and they say cusses like b***h s**t a**hole nimrod and while they are drunk it show them throwing up and act loopy
Parent of a 13 year old Written byGrace Phelps August 29, 2010

No one under 12!

Me and my dauter watch this show every thursday! LOVE IT!!!!