All parent member reviews for Jessie

Adult Written byTropicalhurricane July 27, 2012

Awesome

Jessie is a really good show for ages 8 and up. Some parts can be inappriate but others are funny and sweet. Debby Ryan does a great job in acting in this series
Adult Written bystoryfan09 July 19, 2012

about all disney shows, even jessie

I think "Jessie" is an okay show, sure it has a lot of bad messages in the show, but kids needs to learn this at a young age, yes, they'll learn this around sixth grade (I did) but, for god's sake, yes, Ravi is stereotypical, but frankly, it's teaching kids about a different culture. Yes, the kids are rude, but it doesn't mean you should let YOUR kids take on the attitude simple solution. So, stop bagging on a show, simple solution there. Don't like it. Don't watch it. Kids like it, let them explore new horizons. Just don't let them take on the attitudes the kids on the show let off. If you do, bad parenting right there.
Parent Written byMattmckee1 March 7, 2012

Good show for all ages for different reasons

This show is obviously for all ages the younger end will like it for the crazy antics that are in it and the inappropriate things will pass over their heads. The older crowed will enjoy the somewhat more grown up things about the show as it takes a bit of thinking to catch on. As for the bra comments, there is nothing wrong or sexual about a bra. It is simply a piece of clothing that all girls wear at young ages. What do you think a swimsuit top is anyway? Nothing wrong with that. As for Luke's attempts to "get with" Jessie, they are shot down by her immeaditly every time. If you pay attention you also see that the kids may sometimes be bratty on the show, they still all care deeply for each other. It's a good funny show and the parents who see only the bad things need to open up their minds or blame themselves for letting their kids watch something they don't like and not mess it up for those of us who like the show.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byhas62372 November 4, 2011

Better than most from Disney Channel

I like that there is no obnoxious talking back to adults. I also like that they don't make fools out of the adults.
Parent Written byMazingmia October 23, 2013

It's okay :)

My younger brother shows me this show sometimes and I can say some good things and some bad things, good things r that The actor who plays, "Ravi" (i think) is a great actor!, and teaches u about India. It also makes u laugh once and a while (the butler is funny). Some bad things is well first isn't this girl 18? Aren't some (like early bday people) people still in high school, and shouldn't she be in college! cause isn't that setting a bad example and second some of the jokes r cheesy. This is coming out of a 15 year old so I know I'm a little old for it, but I'm just saying it for younger kids. All in all, this show is okay, funny though! Just if they maybe changed the plot around, made a few quirks it would be a great family show :) so I would say give it a chance (Debby Ryan is a really good actor too)
Parent Written byGrandma Weezy October 13, 2013

People Need to Relax

I've read some of the other reviews and can only say that people need to get off their high horse. If you don't think the show is appropriate, don't let your kids watch it. How is it people think Disney can only be G rated? How many of the people who wrote reviews saying the content of Jessie is inappropriate for young kids are aware of the other programming and movies Disney's done that are far worse? Most people I know watch shows and movies BEFORE letting their children watch it. Jessie is a cute show. There isn't anything outstanding about and it's formulaic, but it's entertaining and has even made me laugh out loud. It portrays Emma as a nice, upbeat early teenager, obsessed with clothes and boys. Luke is a pre-teen or early teen who loves sports, is messy and doesn't care about personal hygiene. I don't know about you but when my son was that age, showering was a dirty word (pun intended). Ravi and Zuri are also just basic normal kids. They all say and do things that surprise others just like everybody's. No one has perfect kids. And they are going to say shocking things and most of the time they have no idea that what they've saying is shocking. Are you going to turn your kid off or give him/her a bad review because of it?
Parent Written byJoey-Hancock July 2, 2013

Hey, Jessie!

Another great family sitcom. No awkward scenes with children in the room. Rabi does have an accent & the actor that plays him has no foreign accent off camera. The accent does make sense in the context that he was adopted from India recently in the story line. His Indian culture is highlighted in a positive light, although referenced for jokes sometimes it is never done in a nasty or disrespectful way. It is a very positive view of adopted children specifically ones living with biological children in a culturally mixed family. Reminds me of Different Strokes without any of the serious topics that sitcom touched upon.
Parent Written byBabyDsMommy May 19, 2013

Disney Pre-Teen Shows are BAD Influence

There is little parents can do when it comes to changing what is shown or said on T.V. My daughter is no longer allowed to watch shows like Jessie or Dog with a Blog because of the negative traits they propagate. I am disappointed that Disney writers and producers are viewing obnoxious behavior as a necessary means to an end.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 12 year old Written byxtraman10 March 4, 2013

so this is parenting

u think black ops 2 & robot chicken r iffy 4 kids 12, but this is the same? no, this is fine for any kid in the double digits. there IS a difference between dating & strong sexual content. should be TV-PG-DS.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg December 15, 2012

What Happened To my SIS

I am 12 and I used to be really hooked on this show. Now I am a bit bored of it and my little sister ( she is 8) loves the show. She gets REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying because she MEMORIZES all their lines ( some are really arent that good : GO KICK SOME ASTROID!) and she also tries to act like Zuri who is a rich spoiled bratty kid. My mom has had to constantly remind her to stop acting like Zuri and even has banned her from the show more than one time! We dont watch the show daily now but we still do sometimes and I think my sister has calmed down a bit. Its really up to you but I wouldnt let your 4-9 year old kids watch it. Once your 10, its definitely something you even have to check on Common Sense anymore ( tell my mom that! She still checks KID TV SHOWS for me and Im 12!!)
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Jessie

debby ryan comedy is purfect for your yougsters.
Parent Written bydanloughney April 29, 2015

Sexual harassment, retaliation and exotic animal smuggling

In the two part episode "Jessie's Big Part," Jessie befriends an actress and gets a part in a movie. The director, while dating the actress, hits on Jessie. When she rejects him he puts Jessie through a series of dangerous stunts in an attempt to get her to quit. She is ultimately fired from the movie. In a second story line Ravi loses his pet lizard when it is discovered by an animal trainer to have no papers/was smuggled into US. After failing to convince the trainer to look the other way, they break in to the trainer's office to steal the lizard. At the end of the story, the director is found out and fired from the movie, but no other ramifications are shown. The lizard is sent back to India, but it OK, because Ravi ends up with a new Bengal Tiger. Hard to believe that both of these story lines are predicated upon illegal and discriminatory activities. I clicked the "too much violence" buttons, but there is no "too much illegal activities" button.
Adult Written bykoolgurl April 27, 2015

Adult Written byzacharyg1 April 21, 2015

Adult Written bytrioe February 14, 2015

last of the good

watch this
Adult Written byTheTrillonaire August 10, 2014

A young nanny from Texas takes on The Big Apple

Parent Written byBecky Smith June 26, 2014

Priviledged kids, missing adult role models, sexual references, poor stereotypes

I am increasingly appalled at the Disney line up -- parents are either completely missing or idiots, there are no positive messages about learning/school and relationships are unhealthy including sexual references and stalking -- "Creepy Connie"
Parent Written byLola91210 April 13, 2014

Uptight parents , also naive

You guys are so naive . In today's society do you really think your kids are as innocent as can be ? Think again ! Yours kids probably know about sex and drugs . Also from today's technology , they can find out ANYTHING . So take their phone or tablet or laptop , THAT WONT DO ANYTHING . They can go to the library or a friends house or SCHOOL . Yes even school , to find these things out the way you Adults were growing up (I'm a teen) is very different nowadays . It's 2014 technology is at it's strongest right now , just because a tv show doesn't say the 'correct' things they want you to say . SO WHAT?!? It's not that serious , not everything is funny anymore , yes disney shows are stupid and they are not like the classics such as "That's So Raven" but guess what ? Disney did their research and found out the joke the kids like the most are DIRTY JOKES . Trust me they shouldn't talk about "teen image" and stuff but , everytime they look at pictures in fashion magazines TEEN IMAGE , going shopping and you see a model with the clothes from the store on . Guess what TEEN IMAGE . It's EVERYWHERE and you can do a single thing about it because , your child has resources in finding out AND you can't cage up your child forever . If you do that maybe they will go to the extreme to find out the things you don't want them to know and your child does something dumb and gets hurt mentally , physically , or even sexually . Sexual trafficking rings are everywhere , you NEVER know who could be apart of them . (And I'm not a mom I'm 13) #justsaying And when luke says "you wanna find it?" After Jessie ask if he had an off button , he could've simply meant his lips in which he wanted a kiss even though she is 18 ITS TV , just tell your in denial kid that its just TV and it's fake . they don't always have to believe what they see on TV , maybe they know everything on TV is FAKE and not to ALWAYS BELIVE IT . you think you the parents were thinking negatively and thought that he was talking about maybe his private area . You guys are overthinking this show and Emma is motivated because she is motivated to get what she wants and to not stop until she reaches her goal . Zuri is SASSY not RUDE . A lot of 11 <<< yes ELEVEN Year olds act sassy . STOP BEING OVER PROTECTIVE . There no SEX in this or swearing . Or drugs , smoking , or drinking , in the end they always end up learning a FAMILY lesson .
Educator and Parent Written byEducationalParent March 10, 2014

Cat dog is pretty good

this show is both comical and full of flavor. me gusta
Educator and Parent Written byunderwaterlion82 March 10, 2014

Kangaroos reside in the outback

This show reminded me that its ok to love. I never felt so warm while still feeling so cold. Its like a snuggy in the dead of winter. No other television experience is quite like this. I have never before felt like i was on the wings of an eagle while watching a show. Sweet jesus give me more. -Love me