All parent member reviews for Jessie

Parent of an infant, 1, 4, 11, and 18+ year old Written byAdrianna R. August 13, 2016

Jessie...

My 6yo loves this show. I HATE IT. The kids have no stability in their lives (Mother and Father come home once a year) and their caregiver is just focused on becoming an actress. Betram hates kids. The kid that passes gas and has freckles is weird. #seeyouinmynightmares
Parent Written byc.davenport May 21, 2016

Not an appropriate show

The use of stereotyping in this show should not be minimized. Inclusion of minorities in roles does not make this a good show- where no adult supervision is present, the kids are privileged and can do whatever they want and the Indian boy is the stereotypical geek, with a heavy accent and the butt of all the jokes.
Parent Written byVictorP 1 December 14, 2015

better than liv and maddie and good luck charlie

I'm a 8 year boy who loves Jessie and think it's the best show ever and I will give it a 5 star rating.
Parent Written byYoGranny November 30, 2015

Wait! It's For Tweens!

Jessie is a terrible show! My 12, 14, and 15 year old daughters watch this bile, and they laugh. How are these writers making money! The writers behind this garbage have the brain lesser than a goldfish. The one boy, Luke is just a underage pervert who makes sex jokes toward the nanny. And that is the whole plot! Well, that's all I saw I turned the TV off after about 10 seconds.
Parent Written byAlisonKaz November 13, 2015

Shocked

Your Halloween episode with "Abigail" has left my children traumatised. I can't believe that a childrens show can be so irresponsible. I understand that on Halloween you have to make the show a bit scary, but I have seen "The Ring" and it sent shivers down my spine and gave me nightmares too! Needless to say, they will not be watching your show anymore and I have advised all the parents at my childrens school not to let their kids watch too. I think it is disgusting what you have done, and to top it all, we now have a storm in the Uk called Abigail so my kids are upset all over again!! Well done, hope you are proud of yourselves!!!
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byCody Patterson MJO October 11, 2015

Just fine for kids

If your kids are old enough to be in school, they're old enough to watch pretty much everything on Disney channel, including Jessie. It's a pretty dumb show, but there's just enough kid-oriented humor to keep my two year old and four year old engaged.
Adult Written byAirman September 26, 2015

Inappropriate

It's a great show but one thing I have to say is jessie has some inappropriate jokes like on all the seasons and episodes they say some jokes that aren't for kids 11 and under, I'm sorry just too much for me and my kids, and they be flirting and they be talking about sexual things to much.
Adult Written byunknown August 9, 2015

Its a family friendly show

Jessie shows how this family with adopted children dont even care that 3 kids are adopted and treat them like if they were biological siblings even though they have their differences and if people are going to be haters then dont right a review because I tell parents the "hidden jokes "aren't super inappropriate people are overreacting thats why this show is supposed to be for kids 7&up according to disney so two thumbs up
Adult Written byidac July 3, 2015

Nobody cares how rich you are

Make them stop bragging about how much money they got. It is so aggravating like really. I don't care how rich you and your parents are.
Parent Written bybmmmmmmm May 12, 2015

Racist stereo types

Besides the whole "ditzy girl" nonsense, there the wonderful (note sarcasm) racial stereotyping of the boy from India... You know, the whole "stupid foreigner with a funny accent" thing played for laughs. Nice going Disney. I won't even go into how lame the Sassy black girl stereo type is. In short, stay away.
Adult Written bykoolgurl April 27, 2015
Parent of a 9 year old Written byzacharyg1 April 21, 2015
Parent Written bybradthedad March 28, 2015

jessie

At first I see a nanny and a few kids that live together in harmony but what I noticed after a few hours was the way Family channel tried to show the white people (the nanny and the butler) as the stupid people and the little black girl and the brown kid as the clever and smart people. My kids don't like to watch the show for other reasons but I didn't like them watching it because of that.
Adult Written bytrioe February 14, 2015

last of the good

watch this
Parent Written byWillowWish December 30, 2014

Not the best

My daughter loves this show, but I have my doubts about it. First of all, there are no good role models, really, Emma is not the brightest mind, and should be spending more time studying math than doing her hair. Luke tries to be cool, but his obsession over Jessie is somewhat inappropriate, (But then again there are 7 year old girls obsessing over boy bands with 18 year olds.) Zuri really gets on my nerves, as she tries to put a sassy comeback or saying into each sentence, and the only decent role model is Ravi, but he is depicted as a loner kid, who owns a pet lizard and has no friends. Also, the fact that the kids are rich makes it hard for the average American girl to relate. I also don't get why if they're millionaires, they go to a crappy looking public school. But that's probably only something a parent would notice. I don't like how their parents are never there, because it makes it kind of sad. They make the problems they encounter be solved WAY to easily, but you can only have a TV show so long. Honestly, this show isn't the best, but it might entertain a young tween.
Adult Written bysophier84733 December 21, 2014

Really nice

I love this show, but sometimes when they mean to use language they replace it with some other word. Plus Luke tries to hit on his nanny(jessie) a lot of times. Small language is used (loser,nerd,geek,stupid and lots of sass.) They make the nanny seem like an idiot. I still love this show most of the time though.
Adult Written byprabesh2001 October 7, 2014

good, pretty rough

lots of un attention sex talk
Adult Written byTheTrillonaire August 10, 2014

A young nanny from Texas takes on The Big Apple

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byMimitexas July 18, 2014

Attitude infusion

Most of what the reviewer wrote was right on. Stereotyping is rampant. I would like to add one thing further. The character Zuri is a bad example to kids at the impressionable ages 6 and below. We were allowing our 6 year old to watch Jessie on a regular basis and noticed a change in her attitude. She was lippy and sarcastic a lot of the time. We couldn't figure out the cause and tried talking to her and giving her consequences but nothing worked. Then I really started paying attention to what she was seeing on the shows like Jessie and others like A.N.T. Farm and I smacked my head! The way those actors talk to each other is appalling. We stopped allowing her to watch and we noticed an almost immediate improvement in her attitude. I think for older kids it may be ok but not for my daughter.
Parent Written byBecky Smith June 26, 2014

Priviledged kids, missing adult role models, sexual references, poor stereotypes

I am increasingly appalled at the Disney line up -- parents are either completely missing or idiots, there are no positive messages about learning/school and relationships are unhealthy including sexual references and stalking -- "Creepy Connie"