All member reviews for Jessie

Teen, 14 years old Written byaquaprincess November 12, 2011

Here is a very long, honest review about Jessie.

Disney's humor can only be described with few simple words: Stupid. Stereotypical. Sarcastic. Shallow. These three words have shaped today's Disney, from Shake It Up to A.N.T. Farm to Jessie. There are many things I can say about this show, from the annoying eleven-year-old to the little seven-year-old, from Bertram the butler to Mr. Kipling. But let me just list it. 1. Bras. They talk about this in a forced way, as if trying to be inappropriate. Why? Why do they need to talk about bras? What's the point? What's the need? Do they find this humorous? (This goes under Stupid humor). 2. Jessie. This woman is eighteen years old. Eighteen. What is she doing as a nanny to four kids? Why isn't she at college? What kind of example is she setting? When I was seven, I thought college was like school- you're absolutely required to go. What if there's another seven year old somewhere in the world that thinks the same thing? And they see this eighteen year old character who's not going to college? What will they think then? "Wait, I don't have to go and study. I can just become a nanny!" What else can Jessie do with her life? She was offered this position and took it in less than ten minutes. She knew almost nothing about the family, except for what she'd read in magazines about these rich people. (This goes under Shallow). 3. Richness. This doesn't have to do much with Jessie, but it does have to do with Disney Channel. So bras aren't a forbidden subject, but money is? Every single character in every Disney show gets everything they want, without even thinking about money! Sure, in Good Luck Charlie they work to make money, and they do talk about affording things sometimes, but generally everyone in Disney shows can get EVERYTHING THEY WANT. What is this? What about children who can't? How about a show about a child who doesn't have money or fame or excessive talent? What about a simple show that kids can relate to? (This goes under Shallow). 4. Emma. This girl absolutely drives me insane. She is the reason- she, this character- is the reason- that parents everywhere are becoming speechless at the rude things their children are saying to them. The attitude, the sarcasm. The kids crying because they think it's normal. After all, Emma says the most horrible things to Jessie and Bertram, and not once does she get told off. No, instead they just roll their eyes while a laugh track plays. In the description, on the website, they describe her as "sweet and motivated". Sweet and motivated? I know sweet and motivated. Emma is not sweet and motivated. Another thing that irritates me about Emma is what she learns. In every episode, she could do something wrong: devours teenage magazines, tries to be a friend of a snob, et cetera, and then she always learns her lesson. Lessons aren't supposed to be this shallow. Where is the character growth? Emma is a pathetic waste of time and space! (This goes under stupid, shallow, and sarcastic.) 5. Ravi. And this one really hits me hard. Because Ravi is Indian, yes. Ravi has been adopted recently, yes. But I have never met an Indian that yells, "Great Ganesh! I am a human samosa!" There's only one word for this and that word is 'Insulting'. He talks about different Indian foods, different Indian animals, and bluntly throws around things about the Hindu religion. At some moments, he sounds like he lived in a village or a jungle, in another in New Delhi. What is this absolute junk? India isn't a bunched up place of everything it's known for! Would Disney Channel EVER throw the word 'Jesus' around? No, of course not! So what gives them the right to throw the word 'Ganesh' about? Or 'Kali'? What gives them the right to mock the Indian culture? What on Earth gives them the right to so bluntly stereotype? Is this what they want in a child's mind? That people in a certain culture are all the same? (This files under 'Stereotypical'. 5. School. Do these children even GO to school? I have never seen them once go to school, except for Emma's science fair. And speaking of her science fair, what WAS that? She created a model of the solar system and read off a clipboard. Is that really a sixth-grade science fair? Yes or no? So they must be in school, and if they are, why do they have such interesting lives? Don't they have homework? (This goes under 'Stupid', of course.) 6. Luke. Luke is annoying, full of sexual jokes and hits on an 18-year-old. Please get somebody your own age. He always acts like he's the coolest person in the world. Now, if I was in Luke's grade, I would hate him. I would hate him to a point where he'd be an enemy of mine. Even Emma is not as ridiculously obnoxious as Luke. (This goes under 'Shallow'.) 7. Zuri. There are two things that really frustrates me about Zuri is that she wears makeup, and it's not stage makeup. It's eyeliner and mascara, and it's clearly visible. She is supposed to be seven! Should seven-year-old girls wear makeup? Why should they? Young, fresh, cute- what is the point of wearing makeup? Makeup was made in order for women to hide their flaws. Now it's just being created so it can be cheaply advertised to middle-schoolers, so they can look older. Now it's being advertised to seven year olds, as well? Why? Why would they wear it? The other thing that frustrates me about Zuri is how incredibly rude she is. And it looks fake. It looks as if she's a sweet girl, yet she learned how to be rude. It looks like she got her rudeness from a Disney Channel show. What is being promoted here? (Shallow, sarcastic) 8. Mr. Kipling. I beg of you, Disney Channel. Take Mr. Kipling off the show and have Ravi mourn him. Everything he does looks as if someone's dubbed it in. He cannot move that fast. He just looks too sluggish. He cannot eat people. He looks like he's the size of an iguana. (Stupid). 9. Tony. I don't know much about Italy, but I know he's trying to be forced into a New York-Italian stereotype. He always has pastas with names I've never heard. I can't say much about him, though, because I don't know much about Italy. Or New York. (Stereotypical.) 10. Jessie's "Texas Guys" song. I have just one question: WHAT'S WRONG WITH TEXAS GUYS? Honestly? You can't sing that song! There are thousands of guys in Texas! Not all of them are the kinds that you pick, Jessie! That is judgmental and a developing stereotype. (Stereotypical). Under the 'What Should Other Families Know About..." column, why does it not say 'Stereotypes'? Or 'Bad Role Models'? Or 'Negative Messages'? Or 'The Exact Opposite of Educational'? Because that's what I give Jessie. That's what I'd like to give Jessie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesome1012 October 23, 2011

Way too inappropriate!

The only reason that I rated this ok for kids 10 and up is because kids probably won't get the sexual jokes, but they are still there. For example: jessie: do you have an off button?! little boy: why don't you try and find it *wink* or....... little girl: my (imaginary) friend hurt my monkey! now he'll never have kids! and this isn't really sexual content, I just stopped watching it after this, I was really offended: older girl: look my new leopard beat magazine! they have an article on bra stuffing, "socks or napkins?"! jessie: the answer is neither.......its two ply toilet paper *smiles mischievously* that just was horrible, they were PROMOTING NEGATIVE body image to girls as young as six! that is why i stopped even watching it.
Kid, 11 years old September 30, 2011

Really Disney?

This show was simply made to replace the "Suite Life" series. All the gags are cheap and inappropriate. I would never let my kids watch a show that is such a waste of time.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

INAPPROPRIATE

Wow talk about an inappropriate Disney show. Dude! This is kids show. It really sends us a message when a guy sees Jessie's bra in the first episode! It's incredibly horrible to watch. Zuri talks about her teddy bear "not being able to have children", Luke wants Jessie to find his off button, and Emma wants to know what to stuff bras with. Can you imagine your child or younger sibling going to school telling kids how to stuff their bra?! I mean seriously Disney.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoodlebuggy(: October 9, 2011

Replacement of Suite Life and Predictable. Kinda boring to teens!

Well, this show is just too predictable. Its a cheap shot at replacing "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody." I mean come on. A hotel-looking suite? A nasty uptight manager? A butler who Jessie falls in love with? Crazy kids running a muck? You probably get the idea. Other than that, Debby Ryan is getting better at acting, the characters are cute and spunky, and there are a few chuckles here and there. Great for little kids, kinda boring for older tweens. :)
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2011

an ok show mainly for 7yrs and up

an ok show mainly for 7 yrs and up. Debbie Ryan is better in Jessie than suite life. but there are some innapropiate parts in this show like the kids parents kiss all the time. and Luke hitting on Jessie when Debbie is annoyed. i think Zuri is a little bit innapropiate like when she says to an adult said that they had a visus rodet in the hotel and Zuri says "Why not you like here" and when she says You don't wanna know what she did to my build a bamboo now he'll never have kids!" and when she says "she dosen't know it's a bra" Zuri is just disrespectful. i don't have a problem when any of the other characters. but this show is ok but it should be rated Y7
Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2011

To Sexualized

Wait, you're telling me that Fred is for teens but this show is for 7 year olds?! They have dirty, nasty jokes. One was were the little boy, Luke, was talking to Jessie and "maybe after dinner we'll..." and was reaching to her butt. Was'nt this show for kids? Stupid. I really expected better from Disney. If you see you see your kids watching this, TURN IT OFF!
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 September 28, 2011

Some adult humor slipped in

This show is pretty predictable, but I enjoy it slightly more than the average Disney Channel series. Jessie is a mostly good role model who tries to teach the kids good morals. Sex: Besides flirting, there's also some humor targeted at older kids; in one episode, a girl talks about how a magazine talks about stuffing bras. She asks Jessie what she thought was good to stuff in your bra, and Jessie answers her question. Language; Some insults; no cursing, except in the first episode Jessie said, "Go kick some asteroid!" Hopefully, any adult humor will go over kids' heads.
Kid, 11 years old October 10, 2011

Jessie

I like Debby Ryan just fine, but I feel that their are too many sex jokes. A little girl says this: "So in So hurt my Stuffed monkey! now He'll never be able to have kids!" Come on Dinsey, really? Another time Jessie says "Go kick some astorid!" Okay, that's too far! Jessie was talking to Emma about Tony, and she says "As long as he doesn't touch my N zone!" Not good. Besides the bad laugage, flirting, kissing, and sex jokes, its an okay show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils October 31, 2011

hey jessie, hey jessie

Well it's pretty obvious it's for kids and it's completely friendly. So no worries there. Is it a good show? No it isn't for a couple reasons. There are racial stereotypes, terrible acting, overused plot lines, and the list goes on and on.
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2011

A disney channel desire

1. A.N.T Farm replaced Suite Life 2. That's how channel's work! 3. For an 11 year-old, "bra" is NOT a bad word and neither is "moon" You sometime have to grow up and Jessie shows how.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 November 28, 2011

LOTS of hidden jokes...

I personally find this show funny. Some parts are corny, but kids find it entertaining and love to see people falling down. I LOVE Zuri. She's got such a little 'tude! Zuri: I bet they didn't have playgrounds when YOU were a kid. Mean old rich lady: I'm only 28! Zuri: Maybe in dog years... :) hahahaha. The whole "mini dinosaur as a pet" thing I find unnecessary, but little kids like seeing an animal other than a dog or cat, something from another continent, but Ravi "sat on him as an egg"? Oh my gosh shoot me now. I hate Emma. Oh my word, if she went to school with me, me and my friends would hate her snotty rich girl guts. She's a smart-alec, and is a PRISS!! She is disrespectful, and answers to no one but herself. This is why kids nowadays are snott-nosed brats. Think they can disrespect their elders, and just be brats because Emma does it. If she was a real person, and not a character, and went to my school, well, let's just say we...wouldn't get along... Or I'd have to refrain from ripping her preppy brat blond hair out. All she reads is teen magazines? Oh gosh that means she probably likes Justin Bieber and Twilight. Excuse me while I vomit. And the "Jessie being from Texas" thing. Oh my word, that ticks me OFF! They're making her sound like she lived in a trailer and ate roadkill! What on earth? But I have never seen as many hidden sex jokes in a kids' show. Such as this. Emma: If Tony touches you from wrist to fingertips it means you're about to hold hands, then you're in the romance zone! Jessie: As long as he doesn't touch my "N Zone". And this: Jessie: And where did you come from, sweetie? Zuri: Mom and Dad say the stork, but the 7th graders have another idea. I started laughing so hard then! I don't think the targeted audience will understand this, so it's not a big deal. They don't get a lot of things, and that's the beauty of being a kid! Carefree, not worrying about what they don't understand, not control-hungry like adults. This incognito little element will keep parents from ripping their hair out after watching too much Dora. If your kid doesn't understand it THEN WHY DOES IT MATTER IF THEY SEE IT?!
Kid, 10 years old October 22, 2011

Jessie

Jessie Is An Okay Show As It Basically Just Replaces Suite Life. The Show Sometimes Has Bad References Knowing The Fact That It Is Disney Channel.Overall Jessie As An Okay Show.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySarah906 January 30, 2012

Absoluley, hate it.

Listen up folks JESSIE is not cool. Stuff your bra? Who does that crap??
Teen, 13 years old Written byauggie123 January 21, 2012

End the Show ASAP

Disney should not renew this show for another season. Worst Disney show ever!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDisney Rules November 22, 2011

An Amazing Show for Kids

Let me get things straight... 1. Ant Farm replaced Suite Life 2. Jessie is intended to replace Wizards of Waverly Place 3. So Random replaced Sonny with a Chance Secondly, Jessie is a hilarious show. A person with a good sense of humor must know how to laugh at it. Disneys target range are pre teens and tweens. Those are from like Ages 7-14. So the usage of the word bra isnt inappropiate. U wanna talk about inappropiate look at iCarly & Victorious. This show shouldnt have to be a 100% clean safe show because then kids would find it boring and no one would watch. The characters shouldnt have to all be sweet and kind. There must be diversity amongst the characters because then it makes the show more interesting. Like Zuri's attitude is entertaining. Its not meant to steer kids into the wrong way. If your kids were smart, then they'd know that this is strictly for entertainment and know thats not the way to act. Overall, this is a different steer for Disney and deserves the AMAZING ratings theyre getting. So people should just enjoy the show for its humor...
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2012

NOT for kids!!

Me and my younger sister went to watch Jessie but I just cringed while watching it! Things like "go kick some astroid"?! I mean is that really what Disney wants to be teaching people? I am twelve and find the jokes completely inappropriate! The boy Luke centered his whole world on girls and I find the most inappropriate. Emma says that "Tiger Beat is my roadmap to womanhood!" amd talks about bra stuffing! That is appaling! I am absolutely mortifyed that kids are actually watching things like this! This show is a definate NOT!!!
Kid, 9 years old December 16, 2011

good show. a little inappropiate though

ok well i like the show. its very funny but sometimes jessie has a reference to bad wordd Ex: emma: "its my turn!" jessie: now go out there and kick some astronaut!' that was a little inappropiate. not that bad a show. i like it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjadabub February 9, 2013

This will help

Okay, this might be entertaining to little kids, but I found out the jokes in seconds, they really hide those inappropriate jokes in there! One example: Zuri: You'll never guess what happened to my baboon! Jessie:What? Zuri: Now my baboon will never have children! I understood that and then felt like PUKING. Another example: Tony and Jessie are stuck in a teacup, Then They hold each other and slow dance, Tony holds Jessie in the right way, goes up and then.. Zuri: Don't go North of the equator! I guess only some people could understand. It's also annoying with all those LAUGH TRACKS! I can tell all of it is fake, I don't feel ANY emotion, Even when the aww, I don't cry or anything, Why are they so mean to the butler? Does this mean everyone has to be mean to a butler? No, and some jokes make the characters look DUMB. I really like Debby Ryan and Skai Jackson (Zuri) as actresses, but this set their bar really LOW. I don't recommend, but I really like Good Luck Charlie! Much better than this!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUhOhSpaghettios February 18, 2012