All teen and kid member reviews for Jessie

Teen, 14 years old Written bydishwashersoap January 18, 2016

Don't touch it with a 10 foot pole

I'm not going to good too deep in to the 'plot' (not like it has one) in this review because the show has been around for a while Now first off I'm going to say this show is for kids 14 but its honestly not for anyone This show is centered around a rich family that gets everything they want and can be rude to anyone they want with little consequence. Plus the odd sex joke here and there Its garbage. Absolute garbage. I couldn't sit threw one episode... but I can here it when my siblings watch it. The jokes range from lazy to surprisingly rude ( Not funny rude, just offensive) to actually inappropriate humor and morals. The characters are as shallow as a puddle and the plot is extremely lazy. Once you let your kids start watching this (I really hope you don't) you will find this shows 'Jokes' slip into your child's vocabulary and they will start acting like they do on the show. I'm not exaggerating in the slightest My final words are if your kids haven't started watching it don't let them start and if they have seen it before please please make them stop
Teen, 13 years old Written bykaratethuyduong January 10, 2016

AWESOME!

THIS SHOW IS JUST SO AWESOME I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 January 10, 2016

Absolutely Awful!

I hate this show! It's so corny and stupid! Also they make fun of Celiac's Disease.
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2015

Meh

I don't know I like the show but it has some subjective things in it Luke seems to hit on every girl he meets Emma is perfect and is just bound to cause low sense of self at one time or another zuri and ravi are ok but all the kids have relationships way to little (like seven) and Jesse seems to revolve around horribal boys who treat her like dirt because their good looking it is funny though
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinakoHouraisan October 23, 2015

For The Older Child

I personally like this show. Yes, it has sterio types, yes it has some inappropriate humour in, I like it. I don't get the hate tbh. I would recommend for mature children, but not so much for younger children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYoshiMegu September 16, 2015

Not really what I expected...

Well, I don't usually watch Disney Channel, but with a demon like my sister in our house I'm just fated to listen to it all day (And while I'm writing this, JESSIE episode is airing. Oh, the irony). I happened to stumble into the first episode way back, and I decided to watch it, because why not? And I liked Debby Ryan, and it's not like Disney makes bad things, right? Well I'm (not really) proud to announce that the first fallout I had with my mother IN MY ENTIRE LIFE was because I watched JESSIE. Emma and Zuri were full of sass, and I'm a sarcastic natural. As a person with personal experience about this show in particular, I warn all parents: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS WATCH THIS. With a few well-placed sarcastic comments (incidentally all traced back to this show) I almost brought my mother to tears. I'm not joking. This here is a very special piece that Disney created and one that I will forever curse. Now, please understand this: I'm not trying to blame the show about anything, but as I'm sure many of us are thinking, this show is not for kids, and instead of mindless screaming, I'm actually presenting you with some proofs that this show isn't really that good as your children/friends are telling you. First, Jessie is eighteen. She has to be in college. Why? Because it's a Disney show and kids are watching it. If she's not in college, then they'll decide they won't go to college too. Not a good example, huh? Because even if you don't go to college, some rich family will like you and they'll make you the nanny of their kids. And this is problem two: the nanny business. What about background check, hello? What if she tries to murder the kids because she didn't like that last movie the Brangelina rip-off pair did? What if she's a drug dealer, pedophile, racist, kidnapper (one of those who sell child organs)? Did that not pop up into your perfectly-stled rich head? Total stupidity, in my opinion. Okay, ignoring the obvious plotholes, the show is full of stereotypes. And I suppose it was striving to do the exact opposite. JESSIE: First, not every Texan born out there is a military genius, nor they are redheads or talking with that accent. You just insulted a whole state within the first minutes of this show, congratulations. Second, if Jessie was a military genius like she was supposedly, why is she having such trouble walking on her two feet without tripping or being pounced on/run over/another super unlucky thing? She could do all kinds of military things, including firing a gun precisely, is super agile as shown in the really early episodes, and yet she can't go down the stairs without falling. Yes, Disney, that makes so much more sense. Not to mention her numerous dates! I mean, yes she was supposed to have a rather bad love life, not go out with fifty men and make a fool of herself on every date! EMMA: The dumb blonde who cares more about how she looks like than about her family. Except... She's not dumb when she's smart. Yeah, my reaction was similar, too. Okay, so first she's a total ditz interested only in clothes, gossip and boys, and in the next she's winning a science competition? What the h___ is that? And the squeal is annoying, too. I think they just went 'whatever' with her, and tried to squeeze in that nitchy persona some good. Didn't work. Emma is not 'dedicated and comparasionate' at all. ZURI: This is officially the girl who taught me how to talk back. I'm admitting it pretty openly. It was her and Emma and the lack of punishments coming their way when they disrespected someone. Acting cute and tough ain't as sweet as you think, dearie. And the imaginary friends thing is getting really creepy. Just... It's like they are building their variant of the black girl. Not funny. RAVI: He is there only for cultural jokes. That was my impression. I'm betting all my chocolate that Indians don't speak English like that. Especially ones that have lived with Americans for a few months. It would be a good characterization if it was constantly being less and less noticeable. Also, as I said, the jokes. Guys, Karan Brar is a real Indian in the flesh. Not really sure he'likes being told to say such insulting things for his culture. LUKE: My favorite character, because I like his feckles. And the koala. The koala is cool. And this is it for Luke. He's a perverted 11/12/14/whatever season you're watching kid. There are tons of sex jokes coming from his mouth. And I don't want to know what he's doing when he's alone in his room. Also, what's with bad boys and them not bathing? That's not teaching the kids anything. Maybe other than being self-centered jerks who care for their reputation more than about their brother and who think they have a chance with aan eighteen years old (which is, as far as I know, illegal). I will stop here and leave it to you to find the other mistakes regarding JESSIE that I (intentionally) didn't mention. They are so much you won't remember them all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctorwholilypad August 13, 2015

OMU Disney

This is a show that makes me sad I was born when I was. By the time I started watching Disney Channel all the good shows such as That's So Raven and Good Luck Charlie were already canceled and this excuse for entertainment was playing EVERY. OTHER. SHOW. Now they want me to stay up until 11:00 to watch quality entertainment appropriate for my age group. Yes disney, expanding horizons. You are also expanding some little kids vocabulary, and not in a good way. First of all, the sexual innuendos in this show run rampant. A 11 year old hitting on an 18 year old? How does that even begin to be okay? Turned on my TV to a little girl saying "you walk around with that koala hanging out of your pants"! I immediately changed the channel. WHAT???? Not appropriate for the age group. Second, can you say stereotyping? Cause Disney can! All of these 'ethnically diverse' characters are stereotypes!! And this show also idolizes bullying at a time when kids are committing suicide because people are doing exactly what Disney is promoting! Not cool Disney. Not cool.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystephendilts123 July 21, 2015

Kids' life is too perfect

The kids' life is way too perfect and the acting is awful.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster June 22, 2015

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This show is not only annoyingly lazy, stupid, and half baked, but its stereotypes can be downright offensive! They treat Ravi, a kid on the show who is Indian, like the butt of the jokes and a nerd while making all the characters who are American look cool. That's downright racist and discriminatory! They also tried to make anyone from the military look redneck and comically barbaric. This especially irks me because I'm from a military family, and it irritates me how terribly the portra people like us. Disney, do you have any idea what STRUGGLE these kinds of people go through. Like having parents or sibling deployed to dangerous countries for months or years on end? Or moving away from close friends all your life? Disney, THINK THROUGH YOUR IMPLICATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old June 16, 2015

dont fret it

jessie is a great sitcom dont think it is bad just cause luke gives a few sexual remarks to jessie such as come and find out refferencing lets make out or something like that but it is pretty good for kids 8 and up it does give racial stereotyping to girls and asians or indians such as ravis accent and emma being a complete air head there is not that much violence some slapping with items such as jessie and bertram but let me tell you what i really think rated pg not g for PG: some slapstick violence breif sexual remarks and rude humor throguhout including suggestive actions
Kid, 9 years old April 28, 2015

good show, but not that great

this show is good, but only season 3 and 4. season 1 and 2 were not that great because the storyline for the episodes weren't good but for the other seasons the show became more interesting overall, good show.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2015

Funny but low standard

This is a funny show but is a bit of a grown up feature to it. This show is good but can get old. And includes pre-teens and teens flirting in every direction.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymiss .awsome April 10, 2015

this is good

Jessie plays a great role model because she teaches young kids people care and love you more than ever "Jessie" is your typical fish-out-of-water story. Jessie is a small-town teen who leaves her Texas roots to take a job as a nanny for the Ross family's four precocious kids in New York. Heading the family are the parents: supermodel-turned-business mogul Christina and movie director Morgan. The oldest of the four children, teenager Emma, is the only biological child of the bunch. Her three brothers and sisters are all adopted -- American adoptee Luke, Indian adoptee Ravi and African adoptee Zuri. While watching four kids can be challenging for a teenager, Jessie has help in the form of the family's butler, Bertram, and the building's 20-year-old doorman, Tony. Adding to Jessie's challenging task is the family's pet, a 7-foot Asian water monitor lizard.
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

Jessie and Disney channel

Well I love love love watching Jessie, but Disney channel gets away with a lot of jokes some kids shouldn't hear sometimes we don't pick them up or understand them but sometimes we do. In the first episode of Jessie she gets thrown out of a cab and her suit case opened up and a bra comes out and a little girl ( zuri ) ask what it is and Jessie tells her it is a sling shot and the door man around Jessie's age starts to laugh, and the boy Luke in further episodes puts a video camera in jessies room to try and get footage of her doing things such as sleeping in her bed.Jessie always finds them but I think it is a little weird. But all in all there are lots of times where the kids stand up for each other and help each other out.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCallie00 March 13, 2015

It's an Okay TV Show

IMO, Jessie is an okay TV show, no matter what other viewers say. It's actually "good" considering the Disney Channel standards these days. It's cute and charming and sometimes a little funny. Can be kind of annoying, though. There are a few very subtle sexual innuendo mainly about Luke hitting on Jessie, but little kids won't get it. Jessie doesn't have the best role models, but there a few good messages at the end. There is a loving family with spoiled children who has a heart of gold underneath their bratty personalities. Jessie is fairly entertaining to little kids (like under 11 or so). Any older, it can be blandish and eye-roll-worthy. Still, an all right show. :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovaajesus March 1, 2015

My favorite show on the Disney Channel

A hysterical PG-rated sitcom that has the same first impressions of older Disney shows. The only thing that irritates me is that people on the Internet claim this show is racist just because it has people from other races. My message to those people: No. That makes the show "diverse," which is a good thing. That doesn't make it "racist." You guys are the ones who are racist by doing this. And as for stereotypes, Jessie is a kids' show, it's not trying to offend anyone, otherwise Disney Channel wouldn't have it on the air. Whether or not you're one of those people who want the old Disney back, I highly recommend this program to you! :)
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2015

Good, but some sex

I really like this show, but the show has some kissing and flirting, which is why I was questionable about this TV show being rated TV-G. Because of the iffy sex, it should not be for under 9 year olds. Besides that, the show was great!
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2015

Alright

This show can be HILARIOUS. Sometimes they mention, in a joking way, "the talk". It bothers me because every time they say this on TV my brother asks me.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2015

Jessie

Don't waste your time with this dumb show. Jessie is about kids who live in a suite in a penthouse who live with a nanny and a butler. This show is unrealistic . A group of kids just wander without adult supervision in NYC! Yeah like that's going to happen . I am a fan of debby Ryan but her work in this show was disappointing. Don't bother. Don't waste your time . Watch this movie called radio rebel . It is way better then this piece of garbage.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDisneyAndNickReviews February 14, 2015

Best show on Disney Channel

There's just so many laughs in this show. I also like that the first impression the show gives is kinda like that of older Disney shows (The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Hannah Montana, Sonny With a Chance, Shake It Up).