All teen and kid member reviews for Jessie

Teen, 13 years old Written byyoloswag12 June 9, 2014

One of the best Disney Tv shows!

Fun family comedy with a funny story and interesting characters!
Teen, 14 years old Written byema is awesome 44 June 2, 2014
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2014

Good show don't listen to the bad reviews

Look I get that there are some inappropriate jokes, but if your children aren't old enough to get them, like I was, they just sound goofy and they wouldn't make anything of it. I love the diversity of the show with all adopted kids I think that's a good message that love is what makes a family. Also its a good lessons about common tween and teen situations. In my opinion this show is hilarious and you should give it a try. The only thing that I don't like is that they often talk about beimg rich.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThooxomuefru April 28, 2014

No. Just No.

This show is awful. I only survived the first half-season. It isn't worth watching. Aside from the basic horrid quality, Jessie promotes racism, spoiled attitudes in children, stereotypes in women, and bra-stuffing. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see little nine year-olds running around on the playground with training bras filled to the brim with 2 ply toilet paper. They joke about this little foreign kid who was adopted into the family. They show kids it's normal to not have a good relationship with their parents. It's appalling. If you actually want to watch this show, or let your children watch this show, I advise against it. If you watch this show, make sure you are rock solid in your views of the world, of other people, and of yourself. Do not let children who are easily influenced by the media watch it.
Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2014
LEARNING

Good show but better for older children

There is absolutely NO educational value in this show. What is Disney trying to even teach???
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2014

Awesome show!

This is my fav TV Show so awesome. I mean, who rates this show 1 star! I LOVE IT! But it has some love between Jessie and Tony, It is good, but not a good show for 5 and under. Awesome for 6+, though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 8, 2014

How is this a kids show?

I am disgusted that this is portrayed as a good show for kids when it is really just a sex filled comedy by Disney. Totally inappropriate, here are 2 major examples. 1. In one episode Jessie says she is going to her room and the kids say "me too!" and she says "no", so then a guy that likes her says "me too" Jessie says "no" again and then the guy adds "Can't blame a man for trying." 2. In another episode a little boy is staying over for a few nights and likes a little girl and the little boy attempts to sleep in her room. Most offensive "kids show" I ever seen.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

this is important

Jessie is an entertaining, funny show, but if you are 12 or under, (especially if you are a girl), you are going to get influenced a lot. I'm very mature. I know when to copy certain behavior and when to not, but the children are VERY, VERY rude to their nanny, butler, and elders around them. Believe me, if I spoke to my grandmother the way those kids speak to grown-ups, I would not be alive, today! The only role models are Jessie and Ravi. Ravi respects everyone and is gentle, but Emma and Zuri are these to EXTREMELY RUDE, SASSY KIDS! Do you here the way Zuri talks to here guardians and elders? "Heck to the no! i'm gonna go to bed at 9:00 whether you like it or not! MMM HMM! You heard me!" That girl is horrible! And Emma: "Umm.....be quiet like...Jessie! I'm like trying to like do my like make-up! It's totes awesies! Now, I'm going to text all day and date every boy I see and ignore my siblings...like YEAH!"
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

One of my favourite shows

Jessie is amazing one of my favourite Disney shows. The show seems a little fixated on bras for some strange and slightly disturbing reason but apart from that, hilarious. About some of the comments on here: Luke's crush on Jessie is not inappropriate, what would be inappropriate would be if she had a crush on him or something but she doesn't so I don't see the problem! It's funny and sweet and um yes he's what 12 in the very first episodes so yes actually, he would know that stuff eight year olds know that stuff. Also, you used to be having fits over Disney having mostly white actors on their shows. They bring in a show that is all about different cultures and then everybody starts having fits over that. So what if Ravi's accent sounds fake, at least they are trying. I admit the human samosa thing is a bit weird though! Zuri is HILARIOUS she's not an annoying brat!!! She is stubborn yes but that's what makes her so funny! Yes they do go to school, you see it in a lot of episodes. A LOT. And when they don't go to school they talk about school. This is a show for young teens and Tweens for goodness' sake not five year olds. Disney Channel is aimed towards 8-14 year olds. If you want TV for toddlers head to Disney Junior. They are different. And yes eight year olds actually do know what a bra is, I know it's shocking (note sarcasm) so they can watch it actually GREAT SHOW watch now!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbiet March 10, 2014

Great show!

This show is a great- it has many running positive themes, as well as positive role models. Jessie, the main character and nanny of 4 children, is kind, strong individual. The show has a zany family dynamic, yet still shows a caring togetherness. Many of the issues highlighted on the show can be related to, such as sibling rivalry. Some of the positive messages include that dreams can come true, and that love, particularly between families, cannot be broken. The only two aspects of this show to watch out for are the language, as some of it can be suggestive/inappropriate, and the consumerism. The kids are from a wealthy family, and material things are often very important. All in all, the show's good qualities out weigh any bad. Kids will definitely get a kick out of this show, and parents can be sure they are letting their children watch quality television.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjmac965 March 10, 2014

A good show, for 9 year olds.

The show offers some positive social messages about family life, with some friendly teasing and humor here and their. and in some cases, both kids and adults are known to poke fun at people's appearances, and engage in some bullying, which i wouldn't want my 7 year old engaging in cause of the show he has been watching makes it seem okay to do that. In some cases the women and girls are seen to be very self conscious about their bodies.Their is some stereotyping in the case of African-American and Indian-American characters, and jokes of a mildly sexual nature that give me reason to believe that this show isn't appropriate for 7 year old kids. so overall? I like the show. It gives a very positive message i terms of family, friendship, and team work. I just don't agree with the rating of the show for 7 year olds this show is more appropriate for 9 years and up. but still overall a good show with good lessons, just a tad inappropriate for 7 year old kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjreynolds16 March 10, 2014
Jessie is a good show for children ages 8 and up because most of the humor is appropriate for that age group. The show involves positive messages and roles models including the value of family. The main character, Jessie, teaches different life lessons, which could have a positive effect on the viewers. The only violence that was displayed was the siblings fighting, which is common for a typical family. Also, drinking, drugs, and alcohol are never mentioned. Jessie is a harmless show, and most kids ages 8 and up would enjoy watching it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycarlylongo March 10, 2014

Jessie

This show has some very positive messages and great role-models. Jessie, the family's nanny, shows support for the kids even when their parents aren't as involved. Some positive messages that I found present in the pilot episode were: "family is more important than work" and "love is still strong miles apart". I didn't see any consumerism, drinking, drugs or smoking; however, I did see some "sexy stuff". The little brother Luke has a crush on Jessie and keeps trying to impress her. This is very subtle, however some parents might not feel comfortable with this type of theme. In addition, some of the language is mildly crude. Some of the "out-of-line" remarks that I found were: "kick some asteroid" and "at least buy me dinner first" when Jessie was attacked by a fake tentacle. All in all, the show is appropriate for kids 8 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybree_m March 10, 2014

Not the Best Show

I would not recommend this show for a few reasons. The main one being that the main character, Jessie, is actually very ditzy. She trips over things and gets herself into very dumb situations that aren't realistic. Another reason this show is not my favorite is because the parents are never around, sort of teaching kids that they can have adventures behind their parents' backs. Also, one of the kids that Jessie babysits has a crush on her, and sometimes his lines went a little too far and I felt uncomfortable. Lastly, the stereotypes are extremely prominent, and kids will pick up on that. The lessons I did learn were to eat dinner together and to value love, which are two important things.
Teen, 15 years old Written byvhd32316876554535434 March 10, 2014

not appropriate for young ages

filled with things like racism, sexy stuff, and some inappropriate language for younger ages such as stupid and puke face. this show also deals with relationships between characters
Teen, 15 years old Written bydiscokitten22 March 10, 2014
Jessie overall is a pretty good show with some good messages that children can learn from. Although, the worst part of the show is the intelligence level of the characters and how stupid they can act, as well as some of the language that they use. I would recommend the show for children between 8 and 11 because it is overall pretty good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBkid122Gaming March 10, 2014

Its ok i guess?

I mean its rasist and stuff not to many good role models
Teen, 17 years old Written byasdv7 March 10, 2014

Good messages, but too innapropriate

Unlike most of the recent Disney Channel shows, Jessie is one of the few ones that still carries out the episode with a positive message behind it. But the episodes contain more then just positive messages in them. There's too much "sexy stuff" for a children's show. Many of the implied meanings may go over majority of the kid audience's heads, but if their parents get a chance to listen in on it they can hear the sly comments. Also, some of the characters presented aren't the best role models for children. For example, the one little girl Zuri acts very spoiled and covers it up with innocence. In the pilot episode, there was some minor violence included as well. As for recommending this show, I choose not to for younger kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byphilcalt March 10, 2014

TV show Jessie review

I think that at times the show can be a little edgy, but the great role models, and positive messages make up for the scenes that are not entirely age appropriate. There is a scene were the little girl picks up a bra and brings it to her new nanny. This scene shows some sexy stuff, but it is not over the top with it. Jessie the nanny and the mother are good role models to the eldest daughter in the show. There is some violence when all the siblings have a pillow fight, but no one gets injured. I think this is a good show for kids, but a parent might want to be watching the show with their child.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycrazykoo March 10, 2014

good and bad mixed into a show

disney shows are usually some pointless plot line with characters. jessie is a little bit different. there are good things, but usually these good things are ruined with horrible messages. Jessie is a very strong person mentally, but the children seem to represent different stereotypes (dumb blonde, player, foreign kid with weird stuff, and wacky child) its usually in one scene its all about helping out the child, where that build up is ruined with the next scene being about a violent video game and a huge lizard. your child/children may learn something from this show, but otherwise its just a show for them to watch when their bored