All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKiraMonicaParker September 7, 2013

What to know about Jessie

I'm an (almost) thirteen year old girl, and I think that Jessie is a good entertaining show, but not for all ages. Educational Values It has some educational values, regarding family and bullying. There is also a kid named Ravi, who is from India. Some people think that he is a bit of a stereotype, because they show him to be very traditionally Indian, but he isn't. My best friend is from India, and the whole reason they watch the show is because they find Ravi very funny, and they like the references he makes. Positive Role Models and Positive Messages: Jessie is a good, positive role model, most of the time. She teaches the kids good family values but in an entertaining way. They do have messages saying that you should always be there for family, and since three of the four kids are adopted, they all have very different personalities. Though Jessie does have a love life, it is enough for kids 11 or 12 years of age to handle. Sexuality: There are a couple of sexual references in the show, but most kids at least 12 years old should be able to handle it. Jessie is dating a guy named Tony, and they do tend to flirt a lot. There was one episode in which they kissed, and slow danced, and there were a couple of jokes in that episode which some parents may not approve of. Over all, it is not that bad. Luke, one of the kids, flirts with Jessie a lot, and makes a couple of inappropriate comments, but nothing too serious. Anyone 12 and older should be able to handle it. And for younger kids, look at an episode guide online. They tell what happens in each episode, so you can decide whether or not your child should watch that episode. Sometimes an inappropriate reference is thrown out there, but younger kids won't know what they mean, and it rarely happens. Hope this helped!
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2013

U should know this

I think Jessie is a good show and anyone who criticizes it is just jealous they're not in it. So step off meatheads
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Bratty kids; Ryan's character is treated badly in the show

I think Disney's "Jessie" is directed for kids 10 and over. It has a little educational value, and teaches a few important lessons to its viewers. Jessie is an okay role model. She shows watchers of the show that being brave is often rewarding: when she ended up in New York City, she found a full-time nanny job. Though it can sometimes be difficult, she never gives up. The so-called sweet and adorable Ross kids Emma (List), Luke (Boyce), Ravi (Brar), and Zuri (Jackson) consistently torment and insult poor Jessie, who works her butt off for them, and Bertram, their lazy but still funny butler. The kids are basically spoiled brats who are rich and can get whatever the h-e-double hockey stick they want from their parents, who are rarely around to give Jessie credit and praise. Overall I find this show alright; it has both good and bad morals.
Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2013

REALLY Dissapointed

I used to think that Jessie was a great show.......until I looked at the reviews and saw the other side of the equation.Here is a review of my opinion of the characters. Zuri- she is a sassy girl who thinks she can basically do whatever she wants starting from episode number one. In the beginning of the first episode when Jessie finds herself in front of the penthouse building, Jessie's bra falls out of her suitcase. Too embarrassed to admit in front of tony what it is, she says its a slingshot. Then Zuri snickers and says"she doesn't know that it's a bra"! It's pretty inappropriate for a little girl to actually know what a bra is! I know that everything in tv doesn't have to be exactly the way it is in real life, but really. She's rolling her eyes in front of every body thinking if she just pouts she can get whatever she wants. Emma- a fashionista who's character basically tells little kids that at school, you should be more conserned about. What heels go with your miniskirt rather than what grade you're getting in science. Emma always talks in this exaggerated 'duh' tone that would make me feel like an idiot if I was talked to like that. Luke- WHY ON EARTH SHOULD A BOY IN MIDDLE SCHOOL BE FALLING HEAD OVER HEELS FOR A 18 yr old NANNY?????? In the first episode as soon as Mrs. Ross said that Jessie was hired, Luke asked his mom "can I date the new nanny"? Ravi- i think that Ravi is basically the only sensible character in a slightly exaggerated way he absolutely insults the Hindu religion yelling all sorts of stupid things. When he's not doing that, he's a sensible kid who's kind of a geek Jessie- a combination of Luke,Emma and Zuri Hope you find this review useful!
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2013

Jessie

I LOVE Jessie. I think don't it is suitable for under nine and under that age I don't think you would get the jokes. It DOES NOT have bad language. But it is a bit like this " don't you have off button" "yes do you want to try and find it". It is very good I don't know why the other reviews think it isn't suitable for nine year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

How did the Great Mouse in the Sky ever allow this?!

"Jessie", is just about, not only one of Disney Channel's WORST shows ever, but even one of Disney's worst piece of media. It's made up of pretty much EVERY cliche that any sitcom has thought of. The list of characters is easy to skim through. The underdog lady who has the chance to make it big? Check. The little kid that's supposed to be funny, because they talk "sassy". Check. The racist kid that's supposed to be funny, because he's racist, but the company won't admit it? Check. The annoying "player kid" who has a crush on the main protagonist that's almost twice their own age? The list goes on. Each actor is mediocre, over the top, and, as I said before, cliche. The writing is so bad, that I swear the scripts are written by the lizard. Do I even have to say that the jokes aren't funny? They pretty much write a regular, bland script, and then add that demonic fake audience laugh, after every single line they say. I honestly have NO idea why this show is so popular on Disney Channel. If you show this to your kids, their brains will be turned into pink goo, they'll spill out of their noses (I forgot to mention how bad an example the show is, as well). Showing your kids this is a form of child abuse. Just please take my word for it, and change the channel to Nickelodeon, whenever it's on.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySome guy. July 28, 2013

My review

Okay, I admit I watch this show when nothing else is on TV. But only if absolutely NOTHING else is on. Even in times like those I hate this show. The Indian kid is OK, but pretty much all the other kids are annoying, especially Luke. He can't dance and is annoying and stupid and annoying. And stupid. He's the kind of character that makes you wanna throw something at the TV. There are like three jokes I've just smiled at-nothing funny enough to actually laugh out loud at.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHazzaBoo July 26, 2013

Jessie SUCKS

I think this show is Terrible. Just like Shake it Up, ANT farm and all the other dribble they play, It's cheesy. Most of the humor is about as funny as stepping on nails, and It's kind of inappropriate. Whether it's stuffing bras, sexual reference, bullying or crude humor, All of it is annoying. Not to mention a little bit racist. I don't recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMordecai_and_rigby July 10, 2013

Boring and lame

I dont like it. Its not funny has some weird scenes. Its lame for young kids I dont think it sets a good rolemodel to children.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2013

A positive but true review on Jessie

I don't know what the others are saying about sex but honestly, its fine. This is a funny t.v show about a nanny who moves to New York. Although, I must admit that the first show of Jessie is a little bit sexual. The other shows are fine. So parents may want to watch this show before hand to see if they think it's okay.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2013

Okay for tweens.

While this show is quite funny at times, there are frequent references to bras, and in one episode, an boy about eleven years of age invites Jessie to find his "Off button." Sexual references and kissing are frequent. Characters sometimes use terms like "idiot," "stupid", etcetera. There are very few, if any, positive messages from this show.
Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2013

Tween TV

This is definitely aimed for older tweens, maybe even teens if you've seen the episode "Romancing The Crone"
Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byMommyFacts June 22, 2013

JessieFan

This show is so good, I watch it with my kids. Some parents are too cautious with Disney Channel shows. By 8 you child should be able to watch all Disney Channel shows excluding Austin and Ally/Shake it Up. Good Luck Charlie and Jessie are very simple and can have some references to puberty or love and dating but it is a great show or your kids
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2013

aproprite

i love this show it is amazing for everybody, i love it!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2013

Okay, recommend for teens and older.

This show is okay, besides the show, Luke and Ravi plus Emma, are very annoyingly stupid, Bertram can't be a good butler because he says everything is far away, and you guys can be serious, I know she's 18 years old, but she is a good role model when kids do bad things. I think in one episode, when Maia Mitchell with her boyfriend, Jessie said the f word. This show is not sexualized at all period, His boyfriend and his doorman in the hotel has a very good positive role model. Sure, it is sexy a little and all but it can't hurt a child because it is not inappropriate, so guys don't listen to the idiots at CSM, cuz there's just thinking of a different show.
Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2013

Short thoughts on JESSIE

This is a fine show and all, but the kids REALLY need to show more respect to Jessie. If it doesn't happen soon, two stars out of five. If it does, four.
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2013

Very poor

There is a few reasons why I think show is a don't bother. Firstly, there is an episode when a seven year old named zuri, she watches a movie about dolls that kill. She disobeys her nanny and watches the movie. As they show the dream Zuri is dreaming is her dolls crawling up to her. Do you guys remember, chucky the doll. Well the dolls looked super scarylike him.Secondly, there is a episode about when Zuri says that her teddy can't have babies. A seven year old is too young to know that. Very poor and dissapointing Jessie and Disney.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycupcakehater298 May 12, 2013

Language and Sex

As a 13 year old, I find it a pretty okay show. I was going to rate this an 11, but now I'm rating it for 14 year olds now! Just like what other people say, there are a lot of sexual jokes, especially the episode "Jessie's big break". I warn that if you have any kids, probably under 10 they shouldn't watch this specific episode, mainly because of what Jessie said to this girl. She literally said "get a f**k"! This show is suppose to be targeted for 7 year olds! And they were going to far with Luke's sexual jokes in this episode too! They should pull this episode off of Disney channel now!
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2013