All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2013

Great Show

If your children are going to be influenced by fictional characters on a television show you as the parent should step up and teach them manners. If you children are old enough to be watching this show they should know right from wrong. Yes,the stereotyping is a bit wrong but it's just a joke. I'm Indian and Ravi just makes me laugh. This show is popular because it is a great show with talented actors and creative plot lines. If you think your going to get a heartwarming educational message from a television show your wrong. You parents need to stop being so overprotective. It's 2013 not the 90's which are apparently the "golden age" for tv. I've watched those shows and theyre great but I wouldn't trade the tv shows I have now for that. You think your generation is always the best and I mean this in the most respectful way possible: It's not so,stop complaining! You have better things to do then sit around typing up snooty reviews all day about a great television show.
Kid, 9 years old January 13, 2013

The show Jessie is awesome!

I think the show is awesome!!!! It is not inappropriate at all. You should let your kids watch it. All the kids on the show are nice. Watch the show now!
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2013

tuesday345

I think it is a awsome show
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2013

Good family show

Its a great family show! The nanny always trys to be the best nanny and looks out for her kids. The kids are all nice and nothing bad about this show.
Kid, 9 years old December 31, 2012

So-So

The language is bratty. Other shows are better.
Kid, 10 years old December 18, 2012

excellent

not for kids under 10 i know it has education value but not for kids under 10 and some times they kiss and date
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2012

Hold your horses

Okay whats up with the lizards and Mrs. kipling Really i think Ravi should get rid of that Thing and get a dog! Gosh!
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012

Great for kids!!

I'm not exactly Debbie Ryan's #1 fan, but I really like this show. I love Disney Channel, and this is your typical kids' show. It says butt, poop, stupid, and shutup, like every other kid show.
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2012

TV G-TV PG L

Jessie's is a great show! for some people. So last night i watched Jessie and they were showing a highschool girly sassy talk about boys! And thats when i thought to my self isn't this TV show rated TV G? Well now i'm thinking they should change the rating to PG L or get off the Disney channle until they can have mature shows for younger kids! But right now you should be at least 12+ to watch Jessie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byopentherainbow November 19, 2012

Jessie review

Jessie is another out of the blue disny show.I like it but its full of subliminal messages like Luke making innappropriate comments about jessie's body.I just cant stand Luke he thinks hes soo cool just cause his family is rich.He is spoiled annoying and will let Ravi get bullied as seen in a recent episode.Next is Emma she is my least favorite character,all she cares about is phones and texting and popularity.She is a spoiled brat. She always makes mean jokes on Jessie and Bertram and the "audiende" laughs because its supposed to be funny.If Emma was my sister she would of got chewed out for all she says and she talks about bra stuffing! Example of Emma's smart mouth:Bertram-I don't spend my life on the internet. Emma-What life? Anyway see what I mean. Next Zuri: I love Skai Jackson but her character is a lil brat.She gets whatever she wants by having a tatnrum.She is sterotyped and says mmm hhmmm all the time.Also she says her stuffed bababon will never have kids.Also she wears make up,she wears mascara and eyeliner and foundation.Makeup is supposed to make women hide thier flaws.But now 8 year old girls wear it.Next Ravi- Hes like overly sterotyped everyone picks on him and excludes him.Everyone calls him the geek.Like in the one where Ravi starts public school Luke dosen't even want to be seen with him.Bertram is my favorite character he is funny, lazy,but deep down likes the rosslings and Jessie.Jessie-jessie second favorite charcater is pretty much the nanny.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydancergirl75020 November 17, 2012

It's funny.

I like this show. I think everyone just takes the jokes too seriously. The young kids watching it aren't gonna get the mild humor jokes, and even if they do get it.. you've got to be old enough that your mom taught you the do's and don'ts. seriously.
Kid, 11 years old November 12, 2012

This is one bad show!

What is up with disney. Really? This show is stupid. The jokes they make,they're not funny. Also,it's inappropriate. The kids, they are bratty little creatures who are rude and what's their punishment. Nothing! They are so rude and then the adults are so nice and sweet to them. Don't watch this show,it's bad/
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeretohelp26 November 8, 2012

Good kids show

Some very mild flirting and language Okay for kids 6+ Iffy for 4+ Not for kids 2 & under
Teen, 14 years old Written byEve Lo October 30, 2012

CommonSenseMedia Isn't VERY Nice!

Actually, this review is correct, but some of this is not true! You see I have inspected other reviews from these "experts" on this website! These experts from this website just want to make some of these movies and tv shows, and more look even more worse. That's expressed through their criticizing comments and INSULTS! Does everyone in the world know that even adults can be just as mean as KIDS and TEENS are?! People who directed JESSIE to make fun of kids, Indian people, and other races are ADULTS! Don't you understand?!
Kid, 11 years old October 26, 2012

I hate this show, my mom hates it, and I'm sure everyone else hates it!

I'm a kid, and I'm revieving this because I want you all to know how I feel. I mean, seriously Disney? Jessie is a load of garbage. My mom banned this show because she hated it the instant she saw it. 1-Emma annoys me alot, and she's nothing like a real middle schooler. And, another thing--I saw that episode when she was friends with that snobby girl, Jasmine, and she typed some words to her. What kind of role model is she? 2-Jessie is 18, for crying out loud, and she's always going on about some boyfriend she had. Really? What kids need to know about her boyfriend? Get over it and do something with your life, Jessie! And why in the world would you take a job three minutes after you meet people? you know nothing about them, and they could kidnap you! (serious?) 3-Luke. Luke is nothing like a middle schooler either--do these kids even go to school?--and real middle schoolers have homework, and no sixth grader hits on an 18 year old! Plus, it's rude to make fun of kids, no matter what you thing of them! 4.-Zuri. six words: Horrible actor, brat, phony, but cute. Does Disney expect for that to make up for the first three? The fact that Zuri has an imaginary friend is not to be made fun of. And she's totally phony. Fake cryer, dressed up like a doll. 5-Tony's really tying hard with that accent, but it's not working. 6-Bertram would've been fired the minute after he was hired if this was real life. 8-None of this EVER happens in real life, people. Who wrote this stuff? 9-Laugh tracks make everything sound cheesy. Oh, wait: that's perfect for disney! 10-Overall terrible show. No positive role models. No positive messages.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2012

Not for little kids and that's what Disney is for little kids!!

Really Mr. Kipling is a girl and had sex with another lizard on vacation and then had babies! I admit it was dramatic and interesting but why are all the other shows appropriate and not this show. Like my brother watches Disney channel and he does not need to know about bras, and the bugs nasty! What's wrong with those people!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2012

best show ever!!!!!!!

guys get a life if you like nickeloden then you will love this show and another thing this show is for tweens and teens at first i did not like disney now i do so if you cant watch nickeloden then dont watch it dont go posting bad comments just becaues it seems bad gosh by the way everyone knows what bra is it is not bad half of yall wear them get a life and all disney shows pretend to cuss dont act like you are new to it
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2012

Really funny

Its fun cool really entertaining yes it does have some contents in it that is not appropriate so watch out but it's funny a cool comedy
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2012

OK for kids 11 & up

I used to like this show until I read all the reviews. It stinks!!! Debby Ryan is a good actress, the whole cast is, but seriously they need to change the script! I think kids eleven & up should be able to watch it. Disney has great shows, but this one is an uh-uh.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2012

Best show ever

I've read a lot of reviews and ratings here and I just don't understand this is the best show on Disney and totally appropriate. This show isn't geared towards 7 year olds and under because of some of the words lke bra for example. 5 year olds just won't get it. I'd say you should be at least 8 or 9 depending on your maturity and if you know what the words mean or not.