All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2012

best show ever!!!!!!!

guys get a life if you like nickeloden then you will love this show and another thing this show is for tweens and teens at first i did not like disney now i do so if you cant watch nickeloden then dont watch it dont go posting bad comments just becaues it seems bad gosh by the way everyone knows what bra is it is not bad half of yall wear them get a life and all disney shows pretend to cuss dont act like you are new to it
Kid, 10 years old September 3, 2012

Really funny

Its fun cool really entertaining yes it does have some contents in it that is not appropriate so watch out but it's funny a cool comedy
Kid, 10 years old September 2, 2012

OK for kids 11 & up

I used to like this show until I read all the reviews. It stinks!!! Debby Ryan is a good actress, the whole cast is, but seriously they need to change the script! I think kids eleven & up should be able to watch it. Disney has great shows, but this one is an uh-uh.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2012

Best show ever

I've read a lot of reviews and ratings here and I just don't understand this is the best show on Disney and totally appropriate. This show isn't geared towards 7 year olds and under because of some of the words lke bra for example. 5 year olds just won't get it. I'd say you should be at least 8 or 9 depending on your maturity and if you know what the words mean or not.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykk2017 August 16, 2012

Perfect for age 7 and up!

This show is perfectly fine for kids age 7 and up! Sure, Luke does flirt with Jessie, but thats normal for boys. The show is almost like The Suite Life Of Zack and Cody, if you really think about it,
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2012

Appropriate for 11 and up

Jessie is a very good example of being confident. Bertram, the Butler, says, "my tiny but strode off into the sunset". Zuri suggests that Jessie's crush moves his hand away from her hips.
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2012

Bad acting

I don't like this show. A lot of the acting is below what you'd expect from an elementary school play, and there are SO many stereotypes. Add a huge amount of sexual jokes and you have a very bad show. Cameron Boyce is possibly the worst actor in the cast. Debby Ryan isn't bad but not great. The rest range from so-so to disappointing. Skip it.
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2012

It Would Be Better Without Emma

This show is actually okay.But I can't stand Emma,I mean,she is your stereotypical 13 year old girl,but I can't stand her!I mean,all she cares about is herself.She once asked Jessie,"Which is better to stuff your bra with?socks or napkins?"13 year olds shouldn't even be thinking about that!And it's been implied that she curses.When Jasmine decided not to take her to the fashion show,she got out her cell phone and texted Jasmine.To which Jasmine replied,"That's rude!And you text your mother with that phone??"It's a pretty decent show,but they should just get rid of Emma!
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2012

OFF THE HOOK SHOW

i think jessi is a good show. i think is has a positive message, and positive role models. It's really funny that's what i like about it
Teen, 14 years old Written bybscgirl July 20, 2012

jessie review

the show kinda bad with language
Teen, 17 years old Written bypotterheadpride July 19, 2012

inappropriate for children should only be for tweens and up

this show, Jessie is inappropriate for children of young ages but i sometimes enjoy it because i am 14. "Zuri should not be wearing makeup ! luke is just down right horrible especially when jessie says "do you have an off switch?" and he says " yes, wanna try and find it?" i dont like the butt spanking from luke to jessie and from the neighbor to the butlor !!!!
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2012

The Best Review Ever!!!

i thimk theJessie is great!!! No bad things happin in the show and it is preety funny!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2012

I LOVE JESSIE!!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this show looks bad for yonger children but isn't that what disney juinor's for? I love this show and Debby Ryan! LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!!!!
Educator and Parent Written bychristian-witness June 29, 2012

ok

Kissing between adults, and some heavy flirting and slightly inappropriate comments on the part of a boy who's smitten by his nanny. Brief body-related references like a bra that escapes a suitcase. Most female characters are very conscious of the way they look and the impact it has on guys. They were PROMOTING NEGATIVE body image to girls
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2012

Inapropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE debby ryan and I think she's a great actress. I thought sweet life on deck was a funny show! Then debby goes on this show! I always watch jessie but it's WAY to innapropriate! Why is disney starting to make inapropriate shows? I can name a couple shows that are inapropriate! (My Babysitter's a Vampire, Jessie, and sometimes but barley Good Luck Charlie.) Come on Disney!!!!!
Parent Written byelmopalooza June 25, 2012

Funny show but more geared to adults then children!

Does Zuri not go to school? We have seen the older kids go to middle school(?) and we saw Emma have to do a science project and do an art project with Luke. But Zuri never seems to do anything but play at the park with Jessie and do things that indicate she does not go to school. I find it strange. It has some good messages like tolerance for different races and such. But some of the the things the kids say are inappropriate for young kids to be saying! Adults may get the humor but kids may not really understand it.
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2012

nice show

i think this is a really good show for everyone its funny & fun
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

5 stars!

Best show you'll ever see!
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2012

Get Jessie out of those dresses

I honestly hate this show. Jessie is way too sassy and a bad actor, plus the theme song she made is horrible. "Hey Jessie! Hey Jessie! It feels like a party every day! Hey, Jessie!" You can't possibly get that horrid song out of your head. Plus, in that episode where she wore the short red dress, it was totally inappropriate and was just an excuse to get her to wear something to make her look "pretty". Just like how Ally in Austin and Ally (another bad actress) wore very short skirts and every fifth grader in town are wearing their skirts nearly above their thighs, kids are going to want a dress as short as that. That Indian kid named Robbie doesn't make any sense. His lizard pet couldn't possibly had been allowed on the way they got back home after adopting him, plus, it's impossible to want to have/adopt four children while your mom's a model and your dad's a director. Horrible plot overall, and the way the 11 year-old kid wants to date Jessie isn't funny at all. I've never even grinned while watching Jessie, nothing is humorous. And that episode where that celebrity with the accent came to stay, Jessie got in a very dressy dress which was another Disney attempt at making her look trashy. Even if a celebrity was at my house, I wouldn't get all in a dress just to impress him, because it would be obvious that I would be trying to make me noticeable. Plus, no celebrity captions every movie line that they do, and they don't dramatically act. When Zuri (I'm guessing that's how you spell it) had that imaginary friend who "hit" her, Jessie told her that the friend "said" she was sorry and then Zuri said "No she didn't. I'm not allowed to use THAT kind of language, but it was nasty." shows that what the imaginary friend "said" was inappropriate and not for kids. Not a good show. Also, Jessie and the eldest daughter have a fight over a 19 year-old guy, teaching girls that it's totally normal to fight over boys, or to want to date them at all. Also, they were rude to Justin Bieber. I know that people don't like him all that much, but "There's a girl that looks just like Justin Bieber, they were trying to get a picture of her!"? Really?
Teen, 13 years old Written byBridgitM707700 May 11, 2012

One of the Best Disney Shows EVER!

Here is a long,honest review of ''Jessie''.This is a pretty simple show.Jessie has left her town in Texas for New York City.The show begins with Jessie becoming a nanny to four kids and a seven-foot pet lizard.The parents are a high-profile couple and live in a penthouse in the Upper East in New York.They have a sarcastic and super lazy butler who seems like he dislikes the kids but underneath it all he has a soft spot for the Ross kids.The apartment block has a super cute doorman who has a crush on Jessie but Jessie refuses to date someone she works with but that is about to change.True,some jokes and references are slightly inappropriate but unless kids heard it somewhere else it just goes over their head,my 11 year-old brother dosen't get some of jokes and of course nor does my 4 year-old brother.The show is aimed at a much older audience than the usual Disney shows.If the show was really so ''bad'',''boring'',''predictable'' and ''inappropriate'' Disney would have stopped it but by the time the 15 episode had aired it had been renewed for a second season AND a movie!The ratings have sky rocketed over the course of the season with the 9th episode receiving 7.3 million viewers in the States alone.The cast are all extremely talented and have great chemistery between them.This show unlike other Disney shows does not concentrate on music or dancing or acting but on an 18 year old who is released upon the world and is trying to find herself while caring for these 4 kids who cause great chaos.BTW Emma is a 13 year old bubbly girl and a total fashionista,Luke is a 12 year old troublemaker who was adopted from Detroit,Ravi is 10 year old boy adopted from India and Zuri is an imaginative 7 year old girl adopted from Africa.I came upon the show by coincidence,even though I am a Debby Ryan fan,and suprisingly and ever since the premiere have not missed an episode.I am so far impressed by the show and though I have been left speechless by some rather inappropriate jokes it's nothing major.This is the FIRST Disney show to actually have an adult protaganist and it was suprising to see that on Disney as most protaganists are 15/16 years old.There is race and culture disversity in the show which is nice to see.The parents do seem slightly self-absorbed at times but that seems subject to change.There are great positive messages but of course this is still a Disney comedy sitcom meant for entertainment purposes with more back-and-forth sitcom comedy than educational value.I am well acquainted with Disney shows and so far the only shows actually worth watching on Disney are ''Good Luck Charlie'' and ''Jessie''.It is a family favourite in my house and I will say it is rather weird/awkward to walk in on your parents watching ''Jessie'' or ''Good Luck Charlie'' especially as my parents aren't exactly Disney's greatest fans.There are some amazing role models.Debby Ryan is an EXCEPTIONAL actress and anyone who has watched Disney will know her from ''Suite Life on Deck'',''16 Wishes'' and ''Radio Rebel''.The kids are really talented and funny,the butler is hilarious due to his being so lazy and though the lizard does seem pointless to adults kids love him.Overall,the mischevious kids,fun-loving,friendly & caring yet strong nanny,lazy butler,cute doorman and self-absorbed parents add for a good show.The show may have minor flaws but it can't be perfect and the show appeals to every age group through the various situations the characters are placed in.