Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2013

Jessie Reveiw

This is a great show for your kids to watch. If your child is under the age of 10 I think you should look out for sexy stuff and language by sitting with your child while watching the show. As most parents know disney will never go over hte top with anything bad.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2013

MrLevi Reviews for parents: Jessie

Alright,I will be honest,It's a pretty dirty show,It almost makes animaniacs look like an educational show! lines like "Go Kick some astroid", "My garlic bread is burning" and "no wandering fingers" sound pretty sexual heck I even heard "Its a jungle out there,and not the good kind",It has a lot of finger jokes. But It's a okay for disney...It's for family,kids and mostly adults....I recommend this show.... But just in case,here is a list of innuendo 1. "Go up there and kick some astroid" 2. "Already took care of the bathroom thing,you don't wanna know" 3."No wandering fingers" 4. "Even if she's 5 knuckles deep" 5. "This is why we don't have a missal toe anymore" 6."That pedicure was intense,I have never had my bunions flashed" 7. "A BOMB" And much much more..... Thanks a lot disney,now when kids grow up there gonna get there childhood ruining 2x as worst XD I still can't believe they got away with this XD
Teen, 13 years old Written byaddie_love November 22, 2013

One of the better Disney shows

In my opinion, this show is one of the best new Disney Channel shows. It's not great but compared to basically every newer Disney show it's a gem! There are a few small innuendos but they're not too bad or frequent. The kids are pretty mean to their nanny and butler and Ravi, being from India and Jessie, from the Texas, are pretty stereotypical. For example: Ravi says things like "Great Ganesh!" and Jessie is constantly made to look like a redneck. Emma values material things above all else and Luke is made out as plain stupid, not caring about school or anything else. The characters are definitely not role models but the show is just fine.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byBrooklynShoeBabe November 12, 2013

A Disappointing Waste of Adorable Talent

UGH. My 8 year old and 6 year old daughter was streaming this show on Netflix the other day while my husband was reading. I wasn't thinking much of it because it was in the Kids Menu. Once I started watching with them, I was floored by how offensive this show was. The characters made fun of fat people, Indian people, and New Yorkers (especially Brooklynites) multiple times. They also portrayed Jesse has being worthless or unpopular because she can't get a boyfriend. Even worse, the jokes weren't even all that funny or interesting. Finally, the children on the show are willfully bad. It's like they don't even try to follow the rules given to them.
Kid, 9 years old October 27, 2013

Stupid, Shallow, Pointless

What a waste! This corny sitcom used to be my favorite shows. Then I realized how foolish it was. The characters are rude, disobedient, and get basically anything that they want. Take Emma for example, the girl just says "OMG"! "My favorite store is like, having a sale"! Then she just runs away and comes back three minutes later with a ton of shopping bags. I would advise any sitcom watchers to save your time, and watch something else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaterMelon813Yo October 26, 2013

Good but rude.

This show is actually Funny it has good acting , good plot, the only thing i dont really like about this show is the stereotyping they potray zuri as sassy". african american child wich i find very racist not all african americans act like that. they also potray ravi as the indian boy with a heavy accent he dosent talk like that in real life so why should he talk like that on the show? and they treat vertrum so rudely and its suppose to be funny?. i dont understand with disney on most of their shows they have to be rude to each other thats teaching kids being rude is funny. i would reccomend to ages 8+.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byVenti_Americano October 18, 2013

Disney's Programming is exactly that: Programming Young Minds

'Jessie', like virtually every other show on Disney, is terrible on so many levels. The implied sexual jokes are rampant in some episodes. There are blatant racist references in EVERY show I've seen. There's a laugh track to TELL your children what is funny - 95% of the time it really isn't. This is formula. Period. There is nothing at all original in this show. The characters are recycled in every show. And in 'Jessie' we have an East Indian stereotyping an East Indian. It's pathetic and he should be ashamed and so should his family - but, hey, it's money and Hollywood, so who cares, right?! The 'Jessie' character is trying so hard to be another ditzy London(?) character from the show on the ship. And like every other Disney show, all of the kids are so 'clever' and 'sarcastic' and 'devoid of actual emotion' and lacking any respect for anyone else. It's bizarre. You might think it's 'ok' for a show with a black girl and Indian boy to make fun of black or brown people - jokes most commonly made by the white characters - but then you're ok with overt stereotypes and slick Disney racism. I just saw an episode where the only thing the characters were missing was wearing blackface. Disney also cleverly weaves it's social agenda throughout shows. If you can ignore the laugh-track -kind of difficult, I know - and really start listening to the actual script you will be shocked at the 'ideas' that are being shared with your children. Of course, I'm guilty of letting my kids watch some of these Disney channels because who would think Disney could be wrong for kids?! But when I really started listening to all of the messages I had to turn it off! They are a corporation and are are selling ads like any other entertainment corporation. And they are also integrating their somewhat right-wing fantasies throughout their programming. 'Programming'... that's exactly what it is. Don't buy into it.
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2013

Stop hating on JESSIE, will ya, people!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!!?!!?!!!!?!!?!?!!?!??!?!!??!?!!?

JESSIE is a show that aired in 2011, however, I didn't start watching it until 2012, right before last time I had the flu. As CSM said, most Disney fans will recognize Debby Ryan and her roles from The Suite Life on Deck as Bailey Pickett and 16 Wishes as Abby. There is even this one time were Zuri and JESSIE switch bodies! AND they travel to the future! But Emma REALLY got on my nerves. She thinks the worst thing that happened 60 years from today was that she never got famous, yet a seven-for lizard attacks them all with lasers. LASERS!!! Someone knock some sense into her, please!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 3, 2013

My Opinion

I think that Jessie is a great nanny and great shows so for everyone who said that Jessie is not good for kids you are wrong
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoctor11 September 23, 2013

Disgusting!

This show is horrible! i has terrible messages and the and the actual plots are very dry and typical. Why? Why Disney have you sunk so low? this show just counts anther time Walt Disney has rolled in his grave. if he could see Disney Channel now he would weep bitterly. they have just thrown away the meaning of the Disney name. it used to mean appropriate family fun for everyone when they had the old ANIMATED shows that meant so much to us. i weep for the future.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessOso16 September 16, 2013

Little kids will like it [4-11 year olds]

I think that children under the age of 11 will like it but after that age it's boring. There is nothing bad or inappropriate in the show, it's just very childish.
Kid, 12 years old September 14, 2013

Not the world's best kid's show

I'm my age, and I loooove this show. However, there's a LOT of weird stuff on here. Some things may be scary (the butler with only a head in an episode, a girl called Creepy Connie haunting one of the kids, etc). And, there's a lot of sexuality in this, although this is supposed to be for kids (I think its ranged for ages 9-14). Example: in one episode, Jessie and her boyfriend Tony were trying to get the kids out of a teacup. Jessie held the man's waist, trying to lower him down, and then Tony giggled and said, "That tickles." One of the girls was "acting like Jessie's dad" in how Tony treated her, and as a joke Jessie told him not to tell her about it. Not to mention, they talk about bra's and a lot of stuff. Its a horrible influence to even teenagers. (Bertrum, btw, gets on my nerves). And this is a show for kids. Also, it shows the kids being bratty, often, and making a joke out of it. I'd personally think twice before letting kids watch it. Maybe when their 14?
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2013

Jessie Is An Awesome Show!

JESSIE is one of my favorite shows! Can't wait for GI Jessie!
Kid, 12 years old September 7, 2013

what is with stereotyping.

I do not see what all the stereotyping madness among reviews is all about. There is no stereotyping. watch for sexual inuendo.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKiraMonicaParker September 7, 2013

What to know about Jessie

I'm an (almost) thirteen year old girl, and I think that Jessie is a good entertaining show, but not for all ages. Educational Values It has some educational values, regarding family and bullying. There is also a kid named Ravi, who is from India. Some people think that he is a bit of a stereotype, because they show him to be very traditionally Indian, but he isn't. My best friend is from India, and the whole reason they watch the show is because they find Ravi very funny, and they like the references he makes. Positive Role Models and Positive Messages: Jessie is a good, positive role model, most of the time. She teaches the kids good family values but in an entertaining way. They do have messages saying that you should always be there for family, and since three of the four kids are adopted, they all have very different personalities. Though Jessie does have a love life, it is enough for kids 11 or 12 years of age to handle. Sexuality: There are a couple of sexual references in the show, but most kids at least 12 years old should be able to handle it. Jessie is dating a guy named Tony, and they do tend to flirt a lot. There was one episode in which they kissed, and slow danced, and there were a couple of jokes in that episode which some parents may not approve of. Over all, it is not that bad. Luke, one of the kids, flirts with Jessie a lot, and makes a couple of inappropriate comments, but nothing too serious. Anyone 12 and older should be able to handle it. And for younger kids, look at an episode guide online. They tell what happens in each episode, so you can decide whether or not your child should watch that episode. Sometimes an inappropriate reference is thrown out there, but younger kids won't know what they mean, and it rarely happens. Hope this helped!
Kid, 12 years old September 5, 2013

U should know this

I think Jessie is a good show and anyone who criticizes it is just jealous they're not in it. So step off meatheads
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Bratty kids; Ryan's character is treated badly in the show

I think Disney's "Jessie" is directed for kids 10 and over. It has a little educational value, and teaches a few important lessons to its viewers. Jessie is an okay role model. She shows watchers of the show that being brave is often rewarding: when she ended up in New York City, she found a full-time nanny job. Though it can sometimes be difficult, she never gives up. The so-called sweet and adorable Ross kids Emma (List), Luke (Boyce), Ravi (Brar), and Zuri (Jackson) consistently torment and insult poor Jessie, who works her butt off for them, and Bertram, their lazy but still funny butler. The kids are basically spoiled brats who are rich and can get whatever the h-e-double hockey stick they want from their parents, who are rarely around to give Jessie credit and praise. Overall I find this show alright; it has both good and bad morals.
Kid, 9 years old August 24, 2013

REALLY Dissapointed

I used to think that Jessie was a great show.......until I looked at the reviews and saw the other side of the equation.Here is a review of my opinion of the characters. Zuri- she is a sassy girl who thinks she can basically do whatever she wants starting from episode number one. In the beginning of the first episode when Jessie finds herself in front of the penthouse building, Jessie's bra falls out of her suitcase. Too embarrassed to admit in front of tony what it is, she says its a slingshot. Then Zuri snickers and says"she doesn't know that it's a bra"! It's pretty inappropriate for a little girl to actually know what a bra is! I know that everything in tv doesn't have to be exactly the way it is in real life, but really. She's rolling her eyes in front of every body thinking if she just pouts she can get whatever she wants. Emma- a fashionista who's character basically tells little kids that at school, you should be more conserned about. What heels go with your miniskirt rather than what grade you're getting in science. Emma always talks in this exaggerated 'duh' tone that would make me feel like an idiot if I was talked to like that. Luke- WHY ON EARTH SHOULD A BOY IN MIDDLE SCHOOL BE FALLING HEAD OVER HEELS FOR A 18 yr old NANNY?????? In the first episode as soon as Mrs. Ross said that Jessie was hired, Luke asked his mom "can I date the new nanny"? Ravi- i think that Ravi is basically the only sensible character in a slightly exaggerated way he absolutely insults the Hindu religion yelling all sorts of stupid things. When he's not doing that, he's a sensible kid who's kind of a geek Jessie- a combination of Luke,Emma and Zuri Hope you find this review useful!
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2013

Jessie

I LOVE Jessie. I think don't it is suitable for under nine and under that age I don't think you would get the jokes. It DOES NOT have bad language. But it is a bit like this " don't you have off button" "yes do you want to try and find it". It is very good I don't know why the other reviews think it isn't suitable for nine year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

How did the Great Mouse in the Sky ever allow this?!

"Jessie", is just about, not only one of Disney Channel's WORST shows ever, but even one of Disney's worst piece of media. It's made up of pretty much EVERY cliche that any sitcom has thought of. The list of characters is easy to skim through. The underdog lady who has the chance to make it big? Check. The little kid that's supposed to be funny, because they talk "sassy". Check. The racist kid that's supposed to be funny, because he's racist, but the company won't admit it? Check. The annoying "player kid" who has a crush on the main protagonist that's almost twice their own age? The list goes on. Each actor is mediocre, over the top, and, as I said before, cliche. The writing is so bad, that I swear the scripts are written by the lizard. Do I even have to say that the jokes aren't funny? They pretty much write a regular, bland script, and then add that demonic fake audience laugh, after every single line they say. I honestly have NO idea why this show is so popular on Disney Channel. If you show this to your kids, their brains will be turned into pink goo, they'll spill out of their noses (I forgot to mention how bad an example the show is, as well). Showing your kids this is a form of child abuse. Just please take my word for it, and change the channel to Nickelodeon, whenever it's on.