Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2012

NOT for kids!!

Me and my younger sister went to watch Jessie but I just cringed while watching it! Things like "go kick some astroid"?! I mean is that really what Disney wants to be teaching people? I am twelve and find the jokes completely inappropriate! The boy Luke centered his whole world on girls and I find the most inappropriate. Emma says that "Tiger Beat is my roadmap to womanhood!" amd talks about bra stuffing! That is appaling! I am absolutely mortifyed that kids are actually watching things like this! This show is a definate NOT!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byVictorioun October 23, 2011

Hey Jessie, I love this show.

Cute, I am glad it is still on the air. Shake it up may have a lot of haters but this show is totally perfect for kids. On for all ages STILL.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2011

Debby Ryan Makes Steam In This New Show!

Though the kids misbehave, Jessie is always there to help out and tell them from being bad. I've actually found this show funny, and Jessie's a good babysitter too. I'm so happy that when Jesie's there she tells the kids not to be rude to somebody instead of letting insults fly free. I dunno, the characters (at least Debby's character) are good role models for older sisters and brothers to know to be nice to younger people. Though any free, rude, insults is why I rated for more mature kids who know it's just a joke.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 September 28, 2011

Some adult humor slipped in

This show is pretty predictable, but I enjoy it slightly more than the average Disney Channel series. Jessie is a mostly good role model who tries to teach the kids good morals. Sex: Besides flirting, there's also some humor targeted at older kids; in one episode, a girl talks about how a magazine talks about stuffing bras. She asks Jessie what she thought was good to stuff in your bra, and Jessie answers her question. Language; Some insults; no cursing, except in the first episode Jessie said, "Go kick some asteroid!" Hopefully, any adult humor will go over kids' heads.
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2016

Great Show

The channel this show is on is actually meant to be for young tweens to even 17! Jessie is a positive role model in the show but some times she has rude humor. I think parents think 8-9+ because Rude Humor and the fact that they show "Ravi" is smart but people make fun of him so their kids might think the same thing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAuthor221 December 28, 2012

WHY?

This show makes me SICK! When I heard Debby Ryan was in it, that was good news. However, here are my complaints: 1. Culture: Ravi is an Indian boy who loves his culture. HOWEVER, he's throwing Indian references around constantly. After a while I'm like, "Okay! I get it!" While I'm not Indian myself, I find it terribly offensive to those who are Indian. 2. Gross-Out Humor: At first there was none of it. But after watching "Gotcha Day" and the episodes that follow (though I've only watched one or two following) I found that it's becoming commonplace in the show. It's DESPICABLE! 3. Emma: I've got a lot of problems with this kid. She's a prissy, spoiled brat. I believe in giving, not getting. It seems this girl gets everything she wants and only cares about popularity and boys and looks and doesn't give anyone else in the world a second thought. SERIOUSLY!? You're that shallow! Give me a break! Take her off the show and then it'll be so much better. She didn't appear in "Creepy Connie Comes a'callin" and I found that I didn't miss her. 4. Mr. Kipling: The show shows Mr. Kipling moving around very quickly and getting into mischief and acting like a human! And the effects behind it are far too obvious! Also, I find that the central plot is centering around him too much, which adds to the gross-out humor. 5. Zuri: As adorable as she is, I have to be honest. She's spoiled rotten! In one episode she says, "I just want what I want when I want it" and that really ticked me off 6. Sexual Humor: In one episode, Luke says, relating to Flora and Fauna, "Ooh, I hope those are hot Latin twins!" What 12-year old says "HOT" What 12-yr old hits on an 18-yr old girl (Jessie) and Jessie asks, "Do you have an off-switch?" and Luke says, "Yep. You wanna try and find it?" That made me SICK! Debby Ryan has a lot of potential, Disney! Why did you put her in the midst of this disgrace!? Please cancel it, or make it little more kid-friendly
Kid, 8 years old October 19, 2012

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHORIBLE

Just like all disney comedy shows, terrible jokes, writers who look at paper while saying their lines, and would put any1 in the universe to sleep if it wasn't for the 100 decibel laugh tracks every couple of nanoseconds!
Adult Written bystoryfan09 July 19, 2012

about all disney shows, even jessie

I think "Jessie" is an okay show, sure it has a lot of bad messages in the show, but kids needs to learn this at a young age, yes, they'll learn this around sixth grade (I did) but, for god's sake, yes, Ravi is stereotypical, but frankly, it's teaching kids about a different culture. Yes, the kids are rude, but it doesn't mean you should let YOUR kids take on the attitude simple solution. So, stop bagging on a show, simple solution there. Don't like it. Don't watch it. Kids like it, let them explore new horizons. Just don't let them take on the attitudes the kids on the show let off. If you do, bad parenting right there.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySlipperyQ January 25, 2012

Nothing Special

Honestly, I think the show tries WAY to hard. The story is cliché. The jokes aren't all that funny. If you want to expose your kids to fresh, smart, original television, these are a couple of reasons this show isn't it. But the CHARACTERS, my goodness... They infuriate me. They're stereotypical, obnoxious, shallow, and downright dumb at times. They don't have a care in the world or a thought in their heads. Sorry, Disney, but that's not real- real people are more than just cardboard cutouts. If you aren't going to make characters that a kid can even begin to think of as real, you don't deserve to be aired.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJennifer148 December 28, 2011

Wonderful Show for children of all ages

I think that this is a WONDERFUL show. I'm more of an ABC Family channel person than Disney, but I LOVE this show. I will not even dare to watch Shake It Up and Austin & Ally which are terrible shows, but Jessie is a winner!
Kid, 8 years old October 22, 2011

Jessie is awesome

Jessie is filled with laughs for the whole family
Kid, 9 years old February 14, 2016

It's the best comedy

I think it's the best because it is a comedy , and in many episodes it shows how being yourself is the best thing sometimes. It also shows that you should never change your friends . No matter what! One negative about the show is that the kids fight and blackmail each other all the time, fortunately the fights and problems are always solved in a good way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheFanO'Shows March 31, 2015

Jessie: Mixed Bag

Jessie is a sitcom about family life, the family life of a few adopted children and one biological itself. The show itself is too sexual (the dialogue) and it's corny humour isn't good. The kids are rude to Jessie and Betram, Zuri's sassiness, Emma's pandering to social standards. They often are rude and mean too each-other and the shows jokes are really predictable, they run rings around Jessie, and it is disgraceful, sure sometimes they have good episodes with positive messages which utilize the themes of growth and family, but it pales due to the humour, dialogue, and generally really bad behaviour. Jessie is a horrible authority figure, and she rarely yells, and when she does, the kids barely regard it. Plus, whenever something goes right for Jessie, they do not seem to even be bothered or pretend to be even happy for her, often they poke fun at her dream and her clothing choices with no consequences. In an episode where Emma rebels, dyes her hair, and runs away, Emma hardly gets consequences. A prime example is at the end of the episode, Emma and Jessie have a talk, and they then hug and there is no implication that Emma will be grounded or reprimanded of something or get any consequences. R4.
Adult Written byCall_me23 March 10, 2014

Good show

This show in all is good for kids but there where some heavy stereotyping that I noticed. You have the dumb blonde, the sassy little black girl, the little white boy that hits on everything that moves, the indian boy that can't speak english very well and messes up frequently and gets made fun of for it too.
Educator and Parent Written bybromojambo March 10, 2014

Jessie

Jessie is a good show for young kids. I highly recommend this show to anyone with a kid between 5 and 11. It shows positive moral values and a good message in a modern way.
Parent Written bydostajoan September 11, 2013

pretty good

I like that the main character is not pursuing stardom. Most Disney shows are about that. Well written sitcom, good young actors. Nice diff. types of people in it. Corny, but that's fine. One story line about a young girls romantic interest was vetoed by this mom.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis August 8, 2013

Dull, not funny, dull, stupid, dull, bad acting, oh, and did I mention dull??

One thing I want to know, how is this show funny? Everything in it is completely forgettable. The actors are COMPLETE ametures, and watching this show is a horrible mistake, because kids will tell jokes they don't even get, AND do what my sisters did, crack a bunch of sarcastic jokes and thinking in their mind that they're hilarious, but really they're just making a fool of themselves, just like the kids in this show do. The jokes aredownright cheap. What a waste of time? Like all the stereotyes? Zuri is supposed to be funny, but shes rude and her combackes look fake. Bottom line, THIS SHOW IS TERRIBLE!!
Parent Written byUDKME July 13, 2013

What You Should Know About Jessie

The show Jessie has some ups and downs. To start off with, Morgan and Christina Ross' third kid, Ravi, does give some very interesting facts about his hometown, India. If you are worried about educational programs for your children this probably wouldn't be one to watch. Except all the interesting facts about India, New York, and occasionally Texas and Uganda. Some may say they use "racial stero-types" when it comes to Ravi and Zuri, but I think they use it for humor. Not to offend anyone or any culture. The only thing I do not like about Jessie is Zuri's constant attitude and sassiness. And it seems each and every adult doesn't care about it. This sets a bad example for younger viewers watching. I understand it's for humor, but most of her sass is just annoying and makes her look like a spoiled brat. Other than that I really enjoy this show and don't mind my children watching it. Unless they begin to have attitude. That's when I can thank Jessie for something I don't like. I also didn't like when Morgan and Christina Ross were making out in the first episode. I'm actually surprised Disney allowed that kiss. I also didn't like in the episode One Day Wonders, Luke made Jessie put on a very inappropriate for children exposing dress that Luke found very attracting. Considering Luke has a very unsecret love for his nanny. To be honest, besides all these little "inappropriate" mishaps I really enjoy this show. It has humor for all ages and some touching parts. It's even easy for any kid to relate. You have the fashion loving older sister, popular yet cool brother, somewhat foreign other brother, and one sassy little sister who is obviously spoiled like most younger siblings. All in all, as long as your kids know not to pick up any attitude from this show, they should be able to watch it.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2013

Too many adult jokes in references.

Well I think that this show has too many adult jokes and references. Luke asks Jessie to find his off button, Zuri makes a reference to tripping acid, there is a south park reference (witch isn't that bad but south park is TV MA so I felt the need to mention it) Emma asks about bra stuffing, and Zuri says that one of her imaginary friends will never have children (I haven't seen the episode in a long time so I barely remember what she exactly said). So in conclusion this show is bad for kids under 11.
Parent Written byBabyDsMommy May 19, 2013

Disney Pre-Teen Shows are BAD Influence

There is little parents can do when it comes to changing what is shown or said on T.V. My daughter is no longer allowed to watch shows like Jessie or Dog with a Blog because of the negative traits they propagate. I am disappointed that Disney writers and producers are viewing obnoxious behavior as a necessary means to an end.