All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2011

I like it!!

This series is funny and I enjoy it!!
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2011

Great!

it is great! most of the characters are funny! I like that Disney channel is using younger actors/actresses insted of just older kids!! I am so happy debby is back!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bypurplebaron October 31, 2011

A sweet show, some things disturbing though....

This one of the better Disney show, it has good messages and the characters are sweet, though one of the kids trying to flirt with his nanny is kinda disturbing. Is this show great? Some of the jokes between them and even some other characters are wayyyy too sexual. The kids won't get them, but they are there. Is it a great show?No, not really. It may bore parents, but it is a good kid show. As long as the jokes aren't present with the kids.
Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2011

MOM#1

Vary good
Parent Written byUDKME July 13, 2013

What You Should Know About Jessie

The show Jessie has some ups and downs. To start off with, Morgan and Christina Ross' third kid, Ravi, does give some very interesting facts about his hometown, India. If you are worried about educational programs for your children this probably wouldn't be one to watch. Except all the interesting facts about India, New York, and occasionally Texas and Uganda. Some may say they use "racial stero-types" when it comes to Ravi and Zuri, but I think they use it for humor. Not to offend anyone or any culture. The only thing I do not like about Jessie is Zuri's constant attitude and sassiness. And it seems each and every adult doesn't care about it. This sets a bad example for younger viewers watching. I understand it's for humor, but most of her sass is just annoying and makes her look like a spoiled brat. Other than that I really enjoy this show and don't mind my children watching it. Unless they begin to have attitude. That's when I can thank Jessie for something I don't like. I also didn't like when Morgan and Christina Ross were making out in the first episode. I'm actually surprised Disney allowed that kiss. I also didn't like in the episode One Day Wonders, Luke made Jessie put on a very inappropriate for children exposing dress that Luke found very attracting. Considering Luke has a very unsecret love for his nanny. To be honest, besides all these little "inappropriate" mishaps I really enjoy this show. It has humor for all ages and some touching parts. It's even easy for any kid to relate. You have the fashion loving older sister, popular yet cool brother, somewhat foreign other brother, and one sassy little sister who is obviously spoiled like most younger siblings. All in all, as long as your kids know not to pick up any attitude from this show, they should be able to watch it.
Kid, 11 years old December 16, 2012

Hold your horses

Okay whats up with the lizards and Mrs. kipling Really i think Ravi should get rid of that Thing and get a dog! Gosh!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg December 15, 2012

What Happened To my SIS

I am 12 and I used to be really hooked on this show. Now I am a bit bored of it and my little sister ( she is 8) loves the show. She gets REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying because she MEMORIZES all their lines ( some are really arent that good : GO KICK SOME ASTROID!) and she also tries to act like Zuri who is a rich spoiled bratty kid. My mom has had to constantly remind her to stop acting like Zuri and even has banned her from the show more than one time! We dont watch the show daily now but we still do sometimes and I think my sister has calmed down a bit. Its really up to you but I wouldnt let your 4-9 year old kids watch it. Once your 10, its definitely something you even have to check on Common Sense anymore ( tell my mom that! She still checks KID TV SHOWS for me and Im 12!!)
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2012

jessie is alsome

this t.v show is the best love it jessie is a good role modle for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byLadybug383 April 18, 2012

Don't Even Bother Watching It

This show sucks so much. My younger sister loves to watch this show, but in general I don't watch Disney Channel. It wasn't until I babysat a kid that I watched this show. It sucked. I'm only giving this one star because I have to give it a star. So Jessie. Basically she said yes to a job that a 7 year old asked her to do. So the parents didn't really do a background check. Emma. She's just some stuck up brat, along with that, she's a dumb blonde. If I went to school with her, we would not be friends. Luke. The kid who always gets in trouble, because Disney shows always needs a kid that gets into trouble. Ravi. Yep, he's just there so Disney can incorporate racist jokes. Zuri. She's just some bratty little kid who always gets what she wants. She's got a little tude. Violence: It's not that bad actually. There was this one scene where there was a paint ball game with guns. My sister also told me about a scene where Luke and Ravi box??? Not so sure about that one. Language: Not that bad either. Jessie told Emma to go kick some as(s)teroid. Sex: Lots of sex jokes. Hidden. Had brought up a few questions. From like the three episodes I've watched all of them have had at least maybe three sex jokes. Just watch out for that parents.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichy ch. March 16, 2012

JESSIE! :D

hi i am 12 years old and "Jessie" is one of my favourite shows! i think all the actors and actresses on this hit t.v show are extremely talented, this show is about a nanny (Jessie Prescott) who is played by Debby Ryan who you also may know from her previous show "The suite life on deck" and her movie "16 wishes", who babysitts Luke Ross (Cameron Boyce), Zuri Ross (Skai Jackson), Ravi Ross (Karan Brar) and Emma Ross (Peyton List), this t.v show is very interesting and gives important messages to kids of all ages, this family is like any other, they get into fights, have friend problems, and even family problems, but they figure out how to solve their problems in mature proper ways, this can teach kids alot. I love this show and i think anyone who gives this show a chance will too. BTW. im not 10 years old im 12 :)
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2012

I LOVE THIS SHOW!

this is the best show I have over seen! Everything from the humor to the characters to the point of the show, this comedy is just creative, funny, has lots of positive messages, has educational value... I just cannot express how much I totally love this show! Watch it now!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

Good show.

I started watching this show a when it first started. Dating and similiar things are mentioned a few times in each episode. (Including one where a girl threatens someone, unless he goes to a dance with her.) There are some cheesy parts with the kids pet lizard, but it's usally funny anyways. The kids will disobay sometimes, but they always do the right thing in the end. Overall this show is pretty good.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrblue91 January 7, 2012

Funny, not very Appropriate

the show has some jokes I have actually laughed out loud at, but considering I am a bit to old for disney, it is off for younger kids.
Kid, 8 years old October 22, 2011

Jessie is awesome

Jessie is filled with laughs for the whole family
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2011

Lackluster Comedy

Another lackluster disney channel show. What happened to GOOD shows like wizards of waverly place. At one point a boy ask Jessie to find his off switcg
Kid, 11 years old October 10, 2011

Not good.

Just watched it, and in my opinion, it failed. Too many similarities to the Suite Life series, and the only highlight about it was the dog, because it just so happens that I like chihuahuas. I only laughed about twice, but that was it. Predictable. This little boy is always flirting with Debbie Ryan's character. All in all, don't bother with it.
Parent of a 8 and 15 year old Written byCosmo21 September 21, 2013

Yet another horrible Disney Channel show

Like many, if not most, Disney Channel programs, this one presents most adults as complete idiots. I also question the premise of this show. Jessie is supposed to be a nanny to several young children, yet considering her often irresponsible and childish behavior, she would be the last person I would hire as a nanny. The only adult regularly featured in this show is the butler, who is portrayed as a buffoon. The Disney Channel seems intent on teaching children to have nothing but disrespect (and in some cases, contempt) for not only their parents but adults in general. I think Walt would be rolling over in his grave.
Kid, 9 years old August 22, 2013

Jessie

I LOVE Jessie. I think don't it is suitable for under nine and under that age I don't think you would get the jokes. It DOES NOT have bad language. But it is a bit like this " don't you have off button" "yes do you want to try and find it". It is very good I don't know why the other reviews think it isn't suitable for nine year olds.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2013

A positive but true review on Jessie

I don't know what the others are saying about sex but honestly, its fine. This is a funny t.v show about a nanny who moves to New York. Although, I must admit that the first show of Jessie is a little bit sexual. The other shows are fine. So parents may want to watch this show before hand to see if they think it's okay.
Parent of a 4, 8, and 12 year old Written byxtraman10 March 4, 2013

so this is parenting

u think black ops 2 & robot chicken r iffy 4 kids 12, but this is the same? no, this is fine for any kid in the double digits. there IS a difference between dating & strong sexual content. should be TV-PG-DS.