All member reviews for Jessie

Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2012

Disturbing and teaches no good lessons

This show might be entertaining BUT COME ON DISNEY??? You don't learn any life lessons, for instance... Emma doesn't do homework until the last day yet Jessie barely gets mad, takes her where she needs to go and it's smiles all around! The kids are crazy 1. Emma a self absorbed, lazy, VERY STUPID girl who dresses in hideous clothes and still makes fun of Jessie's hair and clothes. She also gets everything she wants, new clothes, phones, an iPad and who knows how much money! 2. Luke he is disgusting the comments he makes to Jessie are sick, how rude he is to Ravi, Bertram and Emma. He is another stereotypical rebel/idiot who gets away with too may things. 3. Ravi he is the new kid I can't say too much about him but he yells way too much and is just annoying, they tried too turn him in to a reptile loving nerd/freak but it's not working. 4. Mr. Kipling! What a stupid name! I doubt that is what an Indian boy would name their pet lizard. He isn't going to attack a person for no reason! For example when Jessie, (seas. 1 ep.1) walks in his cage that lizard couldn't care less that she is in there. How would her clothes get ripped like that? 5. Zuri seems sweet but she is a diva, self centered, and also very rude. Why can't she just give Jessie a break? She is so whiny it's unbelievable. 6. Jessie. She is kind of an idjit. Her jokes are lame and the way she handles problems are terrible. Overall it's entertaining but the jokes are disturbing, it teaches no life lessons, has NO good role models, and is a stereotypical Disney show.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

JESSIE: The very last peak

JESSIE is very inappropriate. There's a nanny talking about field stripping an AKJ-47, the flirty 6th grader trying to get in the nanny's "business". Then there are the rude daughters, Emma and Zuri. Also, the indian boy is the symbol of racism in this show. He always talks about hot curry, samosa, kali, genosa, and other things involved with the indian culture and hindi religion. You don't see Zuri talking all about Nelson Mandela or anything. So why the south asian. Like really Disney Channel? Talk about racism. And Jessie, they make her sound like a country bumpkin or something. Like just because she's from Texas, doesn't mean she grew up on a farm or ranch/ She could have been from a urban part of Texas.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2012

5 stars!

Best show you'll ever see!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDisneyShowReviews March 15, 2012

I am 11. and I can NOT stand this show.

I am 11, and even I have things to say. First of all, I said this had language in it. It doesn't actually have direct language, but it has play-off's, like: "Son of a biscuit!" or "Go kick some ASStroids." No. Just no. And now to the inappropriate stuff. I dont think there is a need for so much stuff about bra's, and when they promoted bra stuffing, I practically lost it. Not funny. Not good. Or, when Jessie said: "Do you have an off button?" and 12-year-old Luke said: "Yeah.....Wanna find it..?" Or when Jessie said: "Somebody pinch me, I must be dreaming." and Luke went: "Okay" And headed directly for her chest before she stopped him. No. Ew. Gross. OR when seven-year-old Zuri was talking about how an imaginary girl was destroying her toys. She said: "and you don't even wanna KNOW what she did to my Build -A- Baboon. Now he'll never have kids!" Seriously? She is seven, for goodness sake! I also do NOT like the fact that all the kids have iPads, iPhones, ect. Did they ever think about the people that can't afford those type of devices? And why did they give Zuri a iPhone/iPad? What? Again, SEVEN YEARS OLD. And the whole plot is cheesy, shallow, stupid, and occasionally offensive. What has Disney come to?
Teen, 13 years old Written bystacy98mcd February 26, 2012

Jessie's stupid, insulting characters

Here is my honest, true review about "Jessie". "Jessie" has shallow, stupid, unrealistic characters. 1. Jessie- first of all, Jessie is an 18 year old woman. 18. Why would her parents let her move to New York as soon as she graduates highschool? She should be in collage getting a degree, not dealing with a bunch of spoiled, rich brats! What kind of message is this show sending to kids! "oh, i dont need to go to college, i can just do what jessie did and get hired by a little girl on the street and i will be just fine!" In reality it does not take 10 minutes to get a job from a rich family! 2. Emma- This chick drives me crazy! She is a rude little miss perfect (at least in her world). She says the worst things to the people who work for her family! Emma calls Jessie an "old granny" many times! Why?!?!?! Jessie is old about 5 or 6 years older then her! Jessie is anything BUT a granny. She always sort of learns the dumbest, most unimportant messages! 3. Ravi- now this one is really insulting! He is from India, but Disney does not specify which part of India! Is he from the mountains or New Delhi? One second it sounds like he was poor and living in a small village and another it sounds like he lives in the big city. The other thing is that he throws the Hindu words for God around like a basketball! 4. Luke- Luke has got to be the most annoying sibling of the Ross family! He throws sexual jokes at Jessie. This boy is 11 for crying out loud! get someone your own age!!!!!! 5. Zuri- she has got to be one of my favorite characters, but she still has a few flaws... like for the fact that she wears MAKEUP! why would a 7 year old need to wear anything but a little dab of stage makeup? The other thing is that she is a bit sassy. she acts pretty terrible to her neighbors, but only when they really deserve it. 6. Bertram- He is a lazy butler who hardly does any work! He puts pictures of himself online of him with giant muscles and beiber hair. He should be fired and removed from the show. 7. Mr. Kipling- The giant lizard, Ravi's pet, is stupid and completely staged in the show. There is no way he could eat people and attack neighbors as fast as they show on the show. It should be sent back to India and mourned by Ravi.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

I know...

It makes me laugh when I see people typing up reviews and saying "No kid under 11 will understand the the jokes..." Yes, well, that's why I think Disney put it on. BUT, look at my age, I'm 11, and I understand these jokes and see the "dirty meaning". But, Zuri was saying jokes like "She did something to my monkey - now he'll never have kids!" Isn't she like 7 or something? Do you think SHE understands the jokes? Because I'm pretty sure she doesn't. Most people I know, my age or 10, would know what these jokes mean. Yes, I think Disney ARE allowed a few jokes here and there, but there are stuff almost EVERY MINUTE that I wouldn't let my little brother hear on JESSIE. And Disney is making such a big deal out of this show, when it's awful. There's basically no plot to it and this Jessie girl is desprate for a job - I find that the way she became a nanny makes kids think - "Wow, she's lucky. Maybe I'll become a nanny as well! I won't have to work or anything!" Disney is so...cheesy and annoying. I thought I'd give Jessie a go. But the jokes and the acting really changed my mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAhsoka. February 15, 2012

No parent should ever let there kids watch this

A girl asking how to stuff a bra with her private parts does not belong on a so called "kids" show, and Disney should be horrible ashamed to air this show!
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2012

Reccomended

There is content that may be disturbing and inappropriate to some children. It also contains some sexual references. Although the show does have some positive messages. I am not suprised by some of the inappropriate things that happen in this show, it is nothing compared to a lot of other shows out these days.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Jessie

debby ryan comedy is purfect for your yougsters.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykiarradaly December 25, 2011

I HATE JESSIE

DO NOT BOTHER.
Kid, 8 years old November 19, 2011

good show gos far

Jessie is a good show,but sometimes they go a little to far.I love jessie not much but...I'm radgabe2003 see ya
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils October 31, 2011

hey jessie, hey jessie

Well it's pretty obvious it's for kids and it's completely friendly. So no worries there. Is it a good show? No it isn't for a couple reasons. There are racial stereotypes, terrible acting, overused plot lines, and the list goes on and on.
Teen, 16 years old Written byVictorioun October 23, 2011

Hey Jessie, I love this show.

Cute, I am glad it is still on the air. Shake it up may have a lot of haters but this show is totally perfect for kids. On for all ages STILL.
Kid, 8 years old October 22, 2011

Jessie is awesome

Jessie is filled with laughs for the whole family
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2011

Debby Ryan Makes Steam In This New Show!

Though the kids misbehave, Jessie is always there to help out and tell them from being bad. I've actually found this show funny, and Jessie's a good babysitter too. I'm so happy that when Jesie's there she tells the kids not to be rude to somebody instead of letting insults fly free. I dunno, the characters (at least Debby's character) are good role models for older sisters and brothers to know to be nice to younger people. Though any free, rude, insults is why I rated for more mature kids who know it's just a joke.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctorwholilypad August 13, 2015

OMU Disney

This is a show that makes me sad I was born when I was. By the time I started watching Disney Channel all the good shows such as That's So Raven and Good Luck Charlie were already canceled and this excuse for entertainment was playing EVERY. OTHER. SHOW. Now they want me to stay up until 11:00 to watch quality entertainment appropriate for my age group. Yes disney, expanding horizons. You are also expanding some little kids vocabulary, and not in a good way. First of all, the sexual innuendos in this show run rampant. A 11 year old hitting on an 18 year old? How does that even begin to be okay? Turned on my TV to a little girl saying "you walk around with that koala hanging out of your pants"! I immediately changed the channel. WHAT???? Not appropriate for the age group. Second, can you say stereotyping? Cause Disney can! All of these 'ethnically diverse' characters are stereotypes!! And this show also idolizes bullying at a time when kids are committing suicide because people are doing exactly what Disney is promoting! Not cool Disney. Not cool.
Adult Written byunknown August 9, 2015

Its a family friendly show

Jessie shows how this family with adopted children dont even care that 3 kids are adopted and treat them like if they were biological siblings even though they have their differences and if people are going to be haters then dont right a review because I tell parents the "hidden jokes "aren't super inappropriate people are overreacting thats why this show is supposed to be for kids 7&up according to disney so two thumbs up
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2015

Jessie

Jessie Is the best Disney Channel Show ever. Zury (Skai Jackson) has a fresh mouth . Ravi(Karan Barr) Can not adjust to the USA . Parents: the Show has Been Cansled and no longer on tv
Teen, 13 years old Written bystephendilts123 July 21, 2015

Kids' life is too perfect

The kids' life is way too perfect and the acting is awful.
Adult Written byidac July 3, 2015

Nobody cares how rich you are

Make them stop bragging about how much money they got. It is so aggravating like really. I don't care how rich you and your parents are.