Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

FINE! Nothing more! Nothing less! (cheesy humor)

I think thats it's just fine, but the lack of childish humor is sorta an issue for younger children. It all depends on the maturity level. For me I could have watched just fine when I was 6! Another thing is that (NO profanity) the language might be a little worriment for some children, By some I mean those who laugh at the word undies. Jessie is portrayed by Debby Ryan.
Parent Written byMazingmia October 23, 2013

It's okay :)

My younger brother shows me this show sometimes and I can say some good things and some bad things, good things r that The actor who plays, "Ravi" (i think) is a great actor!, and teaches u about India. It also makes u laugh once and a while (the butler is funny). Some bad things is well first isn't this girl 18? Aren't some (like early bday people) people still in high school, and shouldn't she be in college! cause isn't that setting a bad example and second some of the jokes r cheesy. This is coming out of a 15 year old so I know I'm a little old for it, but I'm just saying it for younger kids. All in all, this show is okay, funny though! Just if they maybe changed the plot around, made a few quirks it would be a great family show :) so I would say give it a chance (Debby Ryan is a really good actor too)
Parent Written byGrandma Weezy October 13, 2013

People Need to Relax

I've read some of the other reviews and can only say that people need to get off their high horse. If you don't think the show is appropriate, don't let your kids watch it. How is it people think Disney can only be G rated? How many of the people who wrote reviews saying the content of Jessie is inappropriate for young kids are aware of the other programming and movies Disney's done that are far worse? Most people I know watch shows and movies BEFORE letting their children watch it. Jessie is a cute show. There isn't anything outstanding about and it's formulaic, but it's entertaining and has even made me laugh out loud. It portrays Emma as a nice, upbeat early teenager, obsessed with clothes and boys. Luke is a pre-teen or early teen who loves sports, is messy and doesn't care about personal hygiene. I don't know about you but when my son was that age, showering was a dirty word (pun intended). Ravi and Zuri are also just basic normal kids. They all say and do things that surprise others just like everybody's. No one has perfect kids. And they are going to say shocking things and most of the time they have no idea that what they've saying is shocking. Are you going to turn your kid off or give him/her a bad review because of it?
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written bymsmommypants September 27, 2013

A nasty offensive and not-funny show. Better options on Disney.

My kids watch alot of the Disney sitcoms but this one is the WORST. The goofy Indian kid with the ridiculous accent, the sass-talking little african american girl adopted by a rich, white family, the shallow, stupid and hateful but beautiful rich blond girl, the mean older woman. It's chock full of offensive cliches about just about every group you can imagine and it's not funny either.
Parent Written byJoey-Hancock July 2, 2013

Hey, Jessie!

Another great family sitcom. No awkward scenes with children in the room. Rabi does have an accent & the actor that plays him has no foreign accent off camera. The accent does make sense in the context that he was adopted from India recently in the story line. His Indian culture is highlighted in a positive light, although referenced for jokes sometimes it is never done in a nasty or disrespectful way. It is a very positive view of adopted children specifically ones living with biological children in a culturally mixed family. Reminds me of Different Strokes without any of the serious topics that sitcom touched upon.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKindOfEpic April 10, 2013

ReRuns Of Jokes

I hate This Show its just adding reruns of jokes from older shows. This Is Probably my Least Favorite Show!!!!!!! 12 years age
Teen, 13 years old Written byLightLittleLamb March 9, 2013

Oh Disney, what have they done to you?

I don't care about how tired you probably are of hearing this, but how I miss the times of That So Raven, Lizzie McGuire and Zack & Cody (I mean the REAL one)! It seems like all Disney's new show need to act around bratty teenagers who are somehow good role-models in screenwriters' mind (yes Shake It Up, I'm talking about you!) and pointless and heavily unecessary sex jokes. Oh, and stereotypes. God, the stereotypes! It seems like every cheerleader (bonus if it's a blonde one!) needs to be superficial and mean. Why can't a cheerleader be a sweet, smart girl for once? And that Indian kid (I don't care way too much to know his name)! Have the creators even do a research! India is so much more than what most of foregn people think. And you are not making any effort to change this situation. I genuinely sad to think that this would be what kids aclaim to be the "show of their childhood" in a few years. And I am even more sad that things can get even worse. It probably will.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

STUPID CRAP!

I've had enough with Disney! They're ruining their channel! At least they cancelled So Random.THAT WAS A HORRIBLE SHOW!
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written byfastraxsg December 15, 2012

What Happened To my SIS

I am 12 and I used to be really hooked on this show. Now I am a bit bored of it and my little sister ( she is 8) loves the show. She gets REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying because she MEMORIZES all their lines ( some are really arent that good : GO KICK SOME ASTROID!) and she also tries to act like Zuri who is a rich spoiled bratty kid. My mom has had to constantly remind her to stop acting like Zuri and even has banned her from the show more than one time! We dont watch the show daily now but we still do sometimes and I think my sister has calmed down a bit. Its really up to you but I wouldnt let your 4-9 year old kids watch it. Once your 10, its definitely something you even have to check on Common Sense anymore ( tell my mom that! She still checks KID TV SHOWS for me and Im 12!!)
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2012

Worst show of all time

This a really bad show to watch and it is so no write for kids like i see a lot of adult theme in this show! You Disney Channel are a dis grace to younger views.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 24, 2012

Enough with this tennybopper trash!

I mean,it's good when they did it on Victorious (which is sadly getting cancelled.) iCarly is OK (that show is ending in November).But Jessie on the other hand is all watered down and boring.
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2012

Disturbing and teaches no good lessons

This show might be entertaining BUT COME ON DISNEY??? You don't learn any life lessons, for instance... Emma doesn't do homework until the last day yet Jessie barely gets mad, takes her where she needs to go and it's smiles all around! The kids are crazy 1. Emma a self absorbed, lazy, VERY STUPID girl who dresses in hideous clothes and still makes fun of Jessie's hair and clothes. She also gets everything she wants, new clothes, phones, an iPad and who knows how much money! 2. Luke he is disgusting the comments he makes to Jessie are sick, how rude he is to Ravi, Bertram and Emma. He is another stereotypical rebel/idiot who gets away with too may things. 3. Ravi he is the new kid I can't say too much about him but he yells way too much and is just annoying, they tried too turn him in to a reptile loving nerd/freak but it's not working. 4. Mr. Kipling! What a stupid name! I doubt that is what an Indian boy would name their pet lizard. He isn't going to attack a person for no reason! For example when Jessie, (seas. 1 ep.1) walks in his cage that lizard couldn't care less that she is in there. How would her clothes get ripped like that? 5. Zuri seems sweet but she is a diva, self centered, and also very rude. Why can't she just give Jessie a break? She is so whiny it's unbelievable. 6. Jessie. She is kind of an idjit. Her jokes are lame and the way she handles problems are terrible. Overall it's entertaining but the jokes are disturbing, it teaches no life lessons, has NO good role models, and is a stereotypical Disney show.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

JESSIE: The very last peak

JESSIE is very inappropriate. There's a nanny talking about field stripping an AKJ-47, the flirty 6th grader trying to get in the nanny's "business". Then there are the rude daughters, Emma and Zuri. Also, the indian boy is the symbol of racism in this show. He always talks about hot curry, samosa, kali, genosa, and other things involved with the indian culture and hindi religion. You don't see Zuri talking all about Nelson Mandela or anything. So why the south asian. Like really Disney Channel? Talk about racism. And Jessie, they make her sound like a country bumpkin or something. Like just because she's from Texas, doesn't mean she grew up on a farm or ranch/ She could have been from a urban part of Texas.
Parent Written byelmopalooza June 25, 2012

Funny show but more geared to adults then children!

Does Zuri not go to school? We have seen the older kids go to middle school(?) and we saw Emma have to do a science project and do an art project with Luke. But Zuri never seems to do anything but play at the park with Jessie and do things that indicate she does not go to school. I find it strange. It has some good messages like tolerance for different races and such. But some of the the things the kids say are inappropriate for young kids to be saying! Adults may get the humor but kids may not really understand it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystacy98mcd February 26, 2012

Jessie's stupid, insulting characters

Here is my honest, true review about "Jessie". "Jessie" has shallow, stupid, unrealistic characters. 1. Jessie- first of all, Jessie is an 18 year old woman. 18. Why would her parents let her move to New York as soon as she graduates highschool? She should be in collage getting a degree, not dealing with a bunch of spoiled, rich brats! What kind of message is this show sending to kids! "oh, i dont need to go to college, i can just do what jessie did and get hired by a little girl on the street and i will be just fine!" In reality it does not take 10 minutes to get a job from a rich family! 2. Emma- This chick drives me crazy! She is a rude little miss perfect (at least in her world). She says the worst things to the people who work for her family! Emma calls Jessie an "old granny" many times! Why?!?!?! Jessie is old about 5 or 6 years older then her! Jessie is anything BUT a granny. She always sort of learns the dumbest, most unimportant messages! 3. Ravi- now this one is really insulting! He is from India, but Disney does not specify which part of India! Is he from the mountains or New Delhi? One second it sounds like he was poor and living in a small village and another it sounds like he lives in the big city. The other thing is that he throws the Hindu words for God around like a basketball! 4. Luke- Luke has got to be the most annoying sibling of the Ross family! He throws sexual jokes at Jessie. This boy is 11 for crying out loud! get someone your own age!!!!!! 5. Zuri- she has got to be one of my favorite characters, but she still has a few flaws... like for the fact that she wears MAKEUP! why would a 7 year old need to wear anything but a little dab of stage makeup? The other thing is that she is a bit sassy. she acts pretty terrible to her neighbors, but only when they really deserve it. 6. Bertram- He is a lazy butler who hardly does any work! He puts pictures of himself online of him with giant muscles and beiber hair. He should be fired and removed from the show. 7. Mr. Kipling- The giant lizard, Ravi's pet, is stupid and completely staged in the show. There is no way he could eat people and attack neighbors as fast as they show on the show. It should be sent back to India and mourned by Ravi.
Kid, 11 years old February 18, 2012

I know...

It makes me laugh when I see people typing up reviews and saying "No kid under 11 will understand the the jokes..." Yes, well, that's why I think Disney put it on. BUT, look at my age, I'm 11, and I understand these jokes and see the "dirty meaning". But, Zuri was saying jokes like "She did something to my monkey - now he'll never have kids!" Isn't she like 7 or something? Do you think SHE understands the jokes? Because I'm pretty sure she doesn't. Most people I know, my age or 10, would know what these jokes mean. Yes, I think Disney ARE allowed a few jokes here and there, but there are stuff almost EVERY MINUTE that I wouldn't let my little brother hear on JESSIE. And Disney is making such a big deal out of this show, when it's awful. There's basically no plot to it and this Jessie girl is desprate for a job - I find that the way she became a nanny makes kids think - "Wow, she's lucky. Maybe I'll become a nanny as well! I won't have to work or anything!" Disney is so...cheesy and annoying. I thought I'd give Jessie a go. But the jokes and the acting really changed my mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAhsoka. February 15, 2012

No parent should ever let there kids watch this

A girl asking how to stuff a bra with her private parts does not belong on a so called "kids" show, and Disney should be horrible ashamed to air this show!
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2012

Reccomended

There is content that may be disturbing and inappropriate to some children. It also contains some sexual references. Although the show does have some positive messages. I am not suprised by some of the inappropriate things that happen in this show, it is nothing compared to a lot of other shows out these days.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Jessie

debby ryan comedy is purfect for your yougsters.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykiarradaly December 25, 2011