Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byCody Patterson MJO October 11, 2015

Just fine for kids

If your kids are old enough to be in school, they're old enough to watch pretty much everything on Disney channel, including Jessie. It's a pretty dumb show, but there's just enough kid-oriented humor to keep my two year old and four year old engaged.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAllisonhappy September 3, 2015

On the edge

Disney channel says its a great show for kids 6 to 11. Personally there is some edgy stuff in Jessie for little kids. The show and mention things like bras and edges on sex. This is not bad for an 11 year old because that will soon be a part of life but for younger kids maybe not. Luke's behavior is also edgy like wanting to see girls in bikinis and sometimes implying sex. There is alot of humor that goes right over kids heads for older kids it could be funny. Although there is a lot of potty jokes and stink jokes for younger boys. In addition the kids in the show can be bratty but they all have inner good and on the inside care for one another. This is a teen show with a kid's plot. This show has Cameron Boyce as Luke for the teenage girls Peyton List as Emma of the younger girls and Cameron boyce and Kharan Bhah for the boys and Skai JAckson is funny all around
Parent Written byPeggySueH September 18, 2014

The only Disney show I don't let my kids watch

Really Disney? Disney educational spots are so great. They are all about not bullying, embracing differences, being healthy, cultural acceptance and girl power. AND then there is Jessie. Stereotype much??? The blonde girl is as they say "a dumb kid" (and shallow), the other "dumb kid" is the hispanic boy (but he sure can dance), the Indian boy has an accent and is socially awkward (the actor doesn't - why can't he just use his American accent?), the African American girl is smart but cheeky and the lazy butler is over weight. Not to mention they are absolutely mean to each other. Bad, bad, bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written by101Dalmatians July 13, 2014

...and this is a kid's show

The plot revolves around a nanny and some children. Plot wise, the show doesn't have much to be interested in. It has the same didactic lessons like every other show. Character wise, it's not much better. Emma: She plays your dumb blonde. She is also very selfish and is materialistic. She does show character development, but it is normally gone by the next episode. Luke: The bully. He constantly makes sexual jokes, and he has as much character development as brick Ravi: He is a stereotypical nerd. It's just lazy to base a character off of a stereotype when you have four seasons to develope a person's personality Zuri: She is mean to everyone. She threw gluten pancakes at a person who's allergic.
Adult Written byzbernalsilva14 March 10, 2014

a little sketchy, but the positives outweigh the negatives

to start off, within the first 3 minutes of the pilot episode, a very young girl makes reference to a bra, which immediately throws up some red flags. but, if you continue to watch, you can tell that this show has good intentions along with many positive models of behavior.as far as language goes, there are words such as: poop, hate, and hick used throughout the show, but this type of language is nothing young children have never heard before. when it comes the role models in this show, the kids do have both parents together and living at home, but they are rarely around because they work all the time. this is why they are constantly going through baby sitters.there is a little amount of sexy stuff like a young kid flirting with jessie and references to mooning. and as far as the positive messages go, the underlying theme throughout is to follow your dreams and that love is too strong to be broken. all in all, i would definitely recommend this show to any audience over 7 or 8 years of age just to be safe.
Parent Written byTheAnalyzer101 February 27, 2014

Nothing wrong with this.

This show is put on Disney because of the childish humor that is portrayed in this show. Nothing is wrong with this show and how they act. This show in my opinion was made for kids between of 8-14 because of how the people in this show talk and act.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

FINE! Nothing more! Nothing less! (cheesy humor)

I think thats it's just fine, but the lack of childish humor is sorta an issue for younger children. It all depends on the maturity level. For me I could have watched just fine when I was 6! Another thing is that (NO profanity) the language might be a little worriment for some children, By some I mean those who laugh at the word undies. Jessie is portrayed by Debby Ryan.
Parent Written byMazingmia October 23, 2013

It's okay :)

My younger brother shows me this show sometimes and I can say some good things and some bad things, good things r that The actor who plays, "Ravi" (i think) is a great actor!, and teaches u about India. It also makes u laugh once and a while (the butler is funny). Some bad things is well first isn't this girl 18? Aren't some (like early bday people) people still in high school, and shouldn't she be in college! cause isn't that setting a bad example and second some of the jokes r cheesy. This is coming out of a 15 year old so I know I'm a little old for it, but I'm just saying it for younger kids. All in all, this show is okay, funny though! Just if they maybe changed the plot around, made a few quirks it would be a great family show :) so I would say give it a chance (Debby Ryan is a really good actor too)
Parent Written byGrandma Weezy October 13, 2013

People Need to Relax

I've read some of the other reviews and can only say that people need to get off their high horse. If you don't think the show is appropriate, don't let your kids watch it. How is it people think Disney can only be G rated? How many of the people who wrote reviews saying the content of Jessie is inappropriate for young kids are aware of the other programming and movies Disney's done that are far worse? Most people I know watch shows and movies BEFORE letting their children watch it. Jessie is a cute show. There isn't anything outstanding about and it's formulaic, but it's entertaining and has even made me laugh out loud. It portrays Emma as a nice, upbeat early teenager, obsessed with clothes and boys. Luke is a pre-teen or early teen who loves sports, is messy and doesn't care about personal hygiene. I don't know about you but when my son was that age, showering was a dirty word (pun intended). Ravi and Zuri are also just basic normal kids. They all say and do things that surprise others just like everybody's. No one has perfect kids. And they are going to say shocking things and most of the time they have no idea that what they've saying is shocking. Are you going to turn your kid off or give him/her a bad review because of it?
Parent Written byJoey-Hancock July 2, 2013

Hey, Jessie!

Another great family sitcom. No awkward scenes with children in the room. Rabi does have an accent & the actor that plays him has no foreign accent off camera. The accent does make sense in the context that he was adopted from India recently in the story line. His Indian culture is highlighted in a positive light, although referenced for jokes sometimes it is never done in a nasty or disrespectful way. It is a very positive view of adopted children specifically ones living with biological children in a culturally mixed family. Reminds me of Different Strokes without any of the serious topics that sitcom touched upon.
Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byMommyFacts June 22, 2013

JessieFan

This show is so good, I watch it with my kids. Some parents are too cautious with Disney Channel shows. By 8 you child should be able to watch all Disney Channel shows excluding Austin and Ally/Shake it Up. Good Luck Charlie and Jessie are very simple and can have some references to puberty or love and dating but it is a great show or your kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byKindOfEpic April 10, 2013

ReRuns Of Jokes

I hate This Show its just adding reruns of jokes from older shows. This Is Probably my Least Favorite Show!!!!!!! 12 years age
Teen, 13 years old Written byLightLittleLamb March 9, 2013

Oh Disney, what have they done to you?

I don't care about how tired you probably are of hearing this, but how I miss the times of That So Raven, Lizzie McGuire and Zack & Cody (I mean the REAL one)! It seems like all Disney's new show need to act around bratty teenagers who are somehow good role-models in screenwriters' mind (yes Shake It Up, I'm talking about you!) and pointless and heavily unecessary sex jokes. Oh, and stereotypes. God, the stereotypes! It seems like every cheerleader (bonus if it's a blonde one!) needs to be superficial and mean. Why can't a cheerleader be a sweet, smart girl for once? And that Indian kid (I don't care way too much to know his name)! Have the creators even do a research! India is so much more than what most of foregn people think. And you are not making any effort to change this situation. I genuinely sad to think that this would be what kids aclaim to be the "show of their childhood" in a few years. And I am even more sad that things can get even worse. It probably will.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

STUPID CRAP!

I've had enough with Disney! They're ruining their channel! At least they cancelled So Random.THAT WAS A HORRIBLE SHOW!
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2012

Worst show of all time

This a really bad show to watch and it is so no write for kids like i see a lot of adult theme in this show! You Disney Channel are a dis grace to younger views.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 24, 2012

Enough with this tennybopper trash!

I mean,it's good when they did it on Victorious (which is sadly getting cancelled.) iCarly is OK (that show is ending in November).But Jessie on the other hand is all watered down and boring.
Kid, 12 years old July 12, 2012

Disturbing and teaches no good lessons

This show might be entertaining BUT COME ON DISNEY??? You don't learn any life lessons, for instance... Emma doesn't do homework until the last day yet Jessie barely gets mad, takes her where she needs to go and it's smiles all around! The kids are crazy 1. Emma a self absorbed, lazy, VERY STUPID girl who dresses in hideous clothes and still makes fun of Jessie's hair and clothes. She also gets everything she wants, new clothes, phones, an iPad and who knows how much money! 2. Luke he is disgusting the comments he makes to Jessie are sick, how rude he is to Ravi, Bertram and Emma. He is another stereotypical rebel/idiot who gets away with too may things. 3. Ravi he is the new kid I can't say too much about him but he yells way too much and is just annoying, they tried too turn him in to a reptile loving nerd/freak but it's not working. 4. Mr. Kipling! What a stupid name! I doubt that is what an Indian boy would name their pet lizard. He isn't going to attack a person for no reason! For example when Jessie, (seas. 1 ep.1) walks in his cage that lizard couldn't care less that she is in there. How would her clothes get ripped like that? 5. Zuri seems sweet but she is a diva, self centered, and also very rude. Why can't she just give Jessie a break? She is so whiny it's unbelievable. 6. Jessie. She is kind of an idjit. Her jokes are lame and the way she handles problems are terrible. Overall it's entertaining but the jokes are disturbing, it teaches no life lessons, has NO good role models, and is a stereotypical Disney show.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2012

JESSIE: The very last peak

JESSIE is very inappropriate. There's a nanny talking about field stripping an AKJ-47, the flirty 6th grader trying to get in the nanny's "business". Then there are the rude daughters, Emma and Zuri. Also, the indian boy is the symbol of racism in this show. He always talks about hot curry, samosa, kali, genosa, and other things involved with the indian culture and hindi religion. You don't see Zuri talking all about Nelson Mandela or anything. So why the south asian. Like really Disney Channel? Talk about racism. And Jessie, they make her sound like a country bumpkin or something. Like just because she's from Texas, doesn't mean she grew up on a farm or ranch/ She could have been from a urban part of Texas.
Parent Written byelmopalooza June 25, 2012

Funny show but more geared to adults then children!

Does Zuri not go to school? We have seen the older kids go to middle school(?) and we saw Emma have to do a science project and do an art project with Luke. But Zuri never seems to do anything but play at the park with Jessie and do things that indicate she does not go to school. I find it strange. It has some good messages like tolerance for different races and such. But some of the the things the kids say are inappropriate for young kids to be saying! Adults may get the humor but kids may not really understand it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystacy98mcd February 26, 2012

Jessie's stupid, insulting characters

Here is my honest, true review about "Jessie". "Jessie" has shallow, stupid, unrealistic characters. 1. Jessie- first of all, Jessie is an 18 year old woman. 18. Why would her parents let her move to New York as soon as she graduates highschool? She should be in collage getting a degree, not dealing with a bunch of spoiled, rich brats! What kind of message is this show sending to kids! "oh, i dont need to go to college, i can just do what jessie did and get hired by a little girl on the street and i will be just fine!" In reality it does not take 10 minutes to get a job from a rich family! 2. Emma- This chick drives me crazy! She is a rude little miss perfect (at least in her world). She says the worst things to the people who work for her family! Emma calls Jessie an "old granny" many times! Why?!?!?! Jessie is old about 5 or 6 years older then her! Jessie is anything BUT a granny. She always sort of learns the dumbest, most unimportant messages! 3. Ravi- now this one is really insulting! He is from India, but Disney does not specify which part of India! Is he from the mountains or New Delhi? One second it sounds like he was poor and living in a small village and another it sounds like he lives in the big city. The other thing is that he throws the Hindu words for God around like a basketball! 4. Luke- Luke has got to be the most annoying sibling of the Ross family! He throws sexual jokes at Jessie. This boy is 11 for crying out loud! get someone your own age!!!!!! 5. Zuri- she has got to be one of my favorite characters, but she still has a few flaws... like for the fact that she wears MAKEUP! why would a 7 year old need to wear anything but a little dab of stage makeup? The other thing is that she is a bit sassy. she acts pretty terrible to her neighbors, but only when they really deserve it. 6. Bertram- He is a lazy butler who hardly does any work! He puts pictures of himself online of him with giant muscles and beiber hair. He should be fired and removed from the show. 7. Mr. Kipling- The giant lizard, Ravi's pet, is stupid and completely staged in the show. There is no way he could eat people and attack neighbors as fast as they show on the show. It should be sent back to India and mourned by Ravi.