Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymajorcritic11 February 1, 2015

Disney Creates Yet Another Stupid Show

This show is so stupid. It includes every stereotype, and has some sex jokes, and racism that flies over the heads of young children.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2015

Are There ANY Role Models?

You can let your kid watch this whenever. But it might be disappointing when you actually watch the show. First of all, I am going to say things about actors and actresses that I feel strongly about. No offense to the actors, mostly I will talk about the show. Characters and such. Jessie is not a good nanny. She doesn't watch her kids and often leaves them alone. In one episode she leaves the building with the butler and they are still there. At night. One of the kids is little, and two are troublemakers. Like you read in the Common Sense review, there is some stereotyping involved. Emma, the oldest Ross child, is the center of the consumerism warning. Although the family is supposed to be rich and famous, she is completely stuck up. She does not stop talking about the helicopter her parents own. (Helicopter? I know, right? THEY HAVE A HELICOPTER!!!!) I have noticed that in all Disney Channel shows, the family seems to live in a huge house. Jessie and the kids live in a penthouse, with counts as a huge house, even bigger! The characters act like the only thing that matters are guys. And looks. They somehow correspond to make some sort of monster show that your kids PROBABLY should NOT be watching.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2015

Good show

Parent Written byWillowWish December 30, 2014

Not the best

My daughter loves this show, but I have my doubts about it. First of all, there are no good role models, really, Emma is not the brightest mind, and should be spending more time studying math than doing her hair. Luke tries to be cool, but his obsession over Jessie is somewhat inappropriate, (But then again there are 7 year old girls obsessing over boy bands with 18 year olds.) Zuri really gets on my nerves, as she tries to put a sassy comeback or saying into each sentence, and the only decent role model is Ravi, but he is depicted as a loner kid, who owns a pet lizard and has no friends. Also, the fact that the kids are rich makes it hard for the average American girl to relate. I also don't get why if they're millionaires, they go to a crappy looking public school. But that's probably only something a parent would notice. I don't like how their parents are never there, because it makes it kind of sad. They make the problems they encounter be solved WAY to easily, but you can only have a TV show so long. Honestly, this show isn't the best, but it might entertain a young tween.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2014

good show

Good show good for anyone 9 or over it teaches kids some lessons in some episodes but there is a bit of sex like bra escaping a suitcase in the first episode, a magazine about stuffing bras and there's this boy who wants to look at lady's in bikini's
Adult Written bysophier84733 December 21, 2014

Really nice

I love this show, but sometimes when they mean to use language they replace it with some other word. Plus Luke tries to hit on his nanny(jessie) a lot of times. Small language is used (loser,nerd,geek,stupid and lots of sass.) They make the nanny seem like an idiot. I still love this show most of the time though.
Teen, 13 years old Written by5sosgurl7 December 10, 2014

This show is not inappropriate compared to other shows these days!

Calm down people, sure here and there, there are some iffy humour but that's just for laughs, it's a great show with positive messages at the end, anyways it's a family Disney show and rated PG if not G. So watch it!
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

good

JESSIE has a little bit of dating but not that much, so it is pretty good for young children. I wouldn't let people under five watch it. It is really funny and has good acting. The problem with it is that Luke has a crush on his nanny, but I still watched the whole entire thing and I liked it.
Adult Written byprabesh2001 October 7, 2014

good, pretty rough

lots of un attention sex talk
Kid, 8 years old September 29, 2014

Horrible

The jokes are stupid, Jessie is annoying, and the kids do not give any good messages. They treat each other very poorly. In one episode, they were calling each other 'poopyheads' and 'boogerbutts'. Also, there is too much bribing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjunem27 September 20, 2014

boring... bad acting... hard for kids to understand... some racism and image bullying

Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2014

good show

i have heard of this show a long time ago but i wasn't inserting in it but now i am maybe its because i heard Peyton List and Karan Barr is there (actors I've been intersected in since i watched the wimpy kid films)are maybe that its funny but this program is suitable for all ages and the jokes are a bit sexual but kids won't understand it the theme song isn't that bad and there isn't any raisatiam but am going tell some jokes from Jessie Emma:Am going to the Halloween party. Jessie:But you're not an adult.Emma:I know thats I stuffed my bra. That is one exmaple but i d get some of the jokes just tell your kids not to be askng question about stuffing your bra and tell them that you will understand when you're older and i have only watched about 6 episodes and i haven't watch the first episode New York New Nanny but i do enjoy the show
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2014

Iffy

Ok so I watch this but it's iffy. It uses language but instead they say:kick some asteroid,or son of a biscuit. I think it's fine for 11+ off zone-8 iffy-9-10 ok zone-11 there are some good messages that kids should know mostly in the newer ones but the role models aren't that good.
Adult Written byTheTrillonaire August 10, 2014

A young nanny from Texas takes on The Big Apple

Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2014

Eh..Not bad.

Jessie is PG. I like Jessie and all, but sometimes the characters are kind of rude and disrespectful. Kick some asteroid? Is that what Disney can come up with? And dating. If this were for kids, it would not have had no dating at all. Every time they talk about dating stuff I get mad. And Ravi raising Mrs. Kipling? Too weird. But remember, it's still PG. Zuri is so sweet but sometimes really mean. And Emma doesn't care about anyone but herself sometimes. She has low grades and her parents say nothing about it. >:-/ And all she reads are teen magazines.Is there anything in the world to read besides magazines? I always praise for Jessie because She is kind, sweet, and beautiful.
Kid, 0 years old August 6, 2014

Not for kids

It has bad jokes. Jesse talks about boys in a rude way. They make jokes every second then play the laugh track it's not even funny. The jokes are not good for kids they won't even get it so what's the point in putting them in there.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jessie soo much! it is my favorite Disney show! It is super funny!!! The thing is, it's a bit inappropriate, like in one recent episode, Jessie asked "Where did all these kids come from?" and then Zuri said "Jessie, shouldn't you have asked your father that?" or she said something like that, and we all know what that means. But besides that, it is super funny and a great tv show to watch with your kids :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bySwimmer302 July 21, 2014

A show that the kids gets every thing handed to them

Ok to let's start with this , the show is stupid and people are saying its inappropriate BUT ITS NOT. Ok it isn't!!....... kids won't even get this stupid trash Disney channel is making .! To be honest most of the tv shows Disney is making is dumb and unrealistic . Disney should just go back to shows like "suit life on deck " and " the suit life of Zack and Cody " oh and " good luck Charlie " theses shows are more realistic then a nanny who is a high school drop out ( cause she's 18 and the kids she's baby sitting are still in school meaning she should still be in school) she also ran away from home and some how did not get in any trouble or sent to jail or court for not paying a taxi cab . And also if I fell in front Of a hotel most lost a little girl ( zurie ) would not come up to me like really have ya ever heard of stranger danger !? And most likely any kid who is watching this doesn't have parents who make millions a month that give them a weekly allowance of a thousand dollars . Yup these kids just get to sit in there butts doing absolute nothing not a single freaking chore and they get money , yeah that seem realist . And let's not even go there with all the stereotypical junk . Like really I know kids from India are really smart but all of them are social outcasts who are so nerdy that there best friend is. A lizard . I'm from India and I live in the United States for 9 years but really I'm athletic and smart and very social . I lost my accent in a year I have a perfectly English voice . He should have lost his if he been in the U S for 4 years . So the show has four kids a nanny and a butler 1 it has a dumb blond who is very poplar and only cares about looks 2 a nerdy un- athletic Social outcast who's BFF is a lizard 3 a sassy girl that has to have every thing go her way And 4 and boy who only cares about his looks and girl oh did I mention girls cause literally that's all he talks about . 5 a nanny who is a high school drop out who never went back to school or to collage but still got a job , she's also ran away from home and some how her dad never come to New York to bring her back to her home . 6. A butler who does nothing but sleep and eat and complain and yet he still hasn't gotten fired . Yup he's getting paid to do nothing just like the kids are getting an allowance for doing nothing to . Are you seeing a pattern hear cause I am. So in conclusion don't bother watching this stupid show where all the kids get every thing handed to them there brats and never learned about a thing called consequents . All this show is doing is teaching your kids to rely on you for the rest of there lives and that if they throw a tantrum they'll get every thing handed to them . So great job Disney ! I love Disney world and land but there tv channel is just sad they should go back to Suite life on deck that's so raven The suite life of Zack and Cody And last of all good luck Charlie
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byMimitexas July 18, 2014

Attitude infusion

Most of what the reviewer wrote was right on. Stereotyping is rampant. I would like to add one thing further. The character Zuri is a bad example to kids at the impressionable ages 6 and below. We were allowing our 6 year old to watch Jessie on a regular basis and noticed a change in her attitude. She was lippy and sarcastic a lot of the time. We couldn't figure out the cause and tried talking to her and giving her consequences but nothing worked. Then I really started paying attention to what she was seeing on the shows like Jessie and others like A.N.T. Farm and I smacked my head! The way those actors talk to each other is appalling. We stopped allowing her to watch and we noticed an almost immediate improvement in her attitude. I think for older kids it may be ok but not for my daughter.
Kid, 9 years old July 17, 2014