Funny, family oriented series has some stereotyping.

Kid, 0 years old August 6, 2014

Not for kids

It has bad jokes. Jesse talks about boys in a rude way. They make jokes every second then play the laugh track it's not even funny. The jokes are not good for kids they won't even get it so what's the point in putting them in there.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2014

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Jessie soo much! it is my favorite Disney show! It is super funny!!! The thing is, it's a bit inappropriate, like in one recent episode, Jessie asked "Where did all these kids come from?" and then Zuri said "Jessie, shouldn't you have asked your father that?" or she said something like that, and we all know what that means. But besides that, it is super funny and a great tv show to watch with your kids :D
Teen, 13 years old Written bySwimmer302 July 21, 2014

A show that the kids gets every thing handed to them

Ok to let's start with this , the show is stupid and people are saying its inappropriate BUT ITS NOT. Ok it isn't!!....... kids won't even get this stupid trash Disney channel is making .! To be honest most of the tv shows Disney is making is dumb and unrealistic . Disney should just go back to shows like "suit life on deck " and " the suit life of Zack and Cody " oh and " good luck Charlie " theses shows are more realistic then a nanny who is a high school drop out ( cause she's 18 and the kids she's baby sitting are still in school meaning she should still be in school) she also ran away from home and some how did not get in any trouble or sent to jail or court for not paying a taxi cab . And also if I fell in front Of a hotel most lost a little girl ( zurie ) would not come up to me like really have ya ever heard of stranger danger !? And most likely any kid who is watching this doesn't have parents who make millions a month that give them a weekly allowance of a thousand dollars . Yup these kids just get to sit in there butts doing absolute nothing not a single freaking chore and they get money , yeah that seem realist . And let's not even go there with all the stereotypical junk . Like really I know kids from India are really smart but all of them are social outcasts who are so nerdy that there best friend is. A lizard . I'm from India and I live in the United States for 9 years but really I'm athletic and smart and very social . I lost my accent in a year I have a perfectly English voice . He should have lost his if he been in the U S for 4 years . So the show has four kids a nanny and a butler 1 it has a dumb blond who is very poplar and only cares about looks 2 a nerdy un- athletic Social outcast who's BFF is a lizard 3 a sassy girl that has to have every thing go her way And 4 and boy who only cares about his looks and girl oh did I mention girls cause literally that's all he talks about . 5 a nanny who is a high school drop out who never went back to school or to collage but still got a job , she's also ran away from home and some how her dad never come to New York to bring her back to her home . 6. A butler who does nothing but sleep and eat and complain and yet he still hasn't gotten fired . Yup he's getting paid to do nothing just like the kids are getting an allowance for doing nothing to . Are you seeing a pattern hear cause I am. So in conclusion don't bother watching this stupid show where all the kids get every thing handed to them there brats and never learned about a thing called consequents . All this show is doing is teaching your kids to rely on you for the rest of there lives and that if they throw a tantrum they'll get every thing handed to them . So great job Disney ! I love Disney world and land but there tv channel is just sad they should go back to Suite life on deck that's so raven The suite life of Zack and Cody And last of all good luck Charlie
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byMimitexas July 18, 2014

Attitude infusion

Most of what the reviewer wrote was right on. Stereotyping is rampant. I would like to add one thing further. The character Zuri is a bad example to kids at the impressionable ages 6 and below. We were allowing our 6 year old to watch Jessie on a regular basis and noticed a change in her attitude. She was lippy and sarcastic a lot of the time. We couldn't figure out the cause and tried talking to her and giving her consequences but nothing worked. Then I really started paying attention to what she was seeing on the shows like Jessie and others like A.N.T. Farm and I smacked my head! The way those actors talk to each other is appalling. We stopped allowing her to watch and we noticed an almost immediate improvement in her attitude. I think for older kids it may be ok but not for my daughter.
Kid, 9 years old July 17, 2014

Carter's back

I love Jessie and I think it's a great show
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2014

ok

this has name calling. luke is not a positive roll model he doesn't like school hes what u dont want your kids to be. emma is self centered like zurry. most of the kids are orphants
Kid, 9 years old July 13, 2014

One of Sidney's best tv shows!

In my opinion jessie is a great show for kids aged 7 to 16. This is a funny and heartwarming show with fantastic morals and messages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPiper L. July 11, 2014

Encourages bullying

Jessie isn't as good as the old disney shows used to be. Instead of encouraging kids to be yourself and not care what others think, it's messages are really just saying it's okay to bully and make fun of kids different from you because it's funny. There's lots of mean stereotypes and rude comments about the way other people look. The show has made fun of people who have social anxiety, made fun of people who look different from others, even made fun of kids who are gluten free (Seriously, what? This show really falls flat on jokes.) Childrens sitcoms sometimes poke fun at nerds or geeks, but this show is different. Literally almost all of the humor revolves around finding a way to make fun of someone. And the worst part is, the show is basically saying if you don't make fun of others, you're probably a geek. The 3 kids, Emma, Luke, and Zuri, who are usually the ones cracking mean stereotypical jokes are the cool, funny, and popular ones. Ravi, the kid who doesn't make fun of others is portrayed as a geek who doesn't have any friends. So basically this show is saying if you want to be cool and likable, you have to put down others who are different from you. This is probably the most negative show I've seen on the Disney Channel.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywertj July 11, 2014

too disgusting

I find this show funny and interesting but sometimes there is too much toilet humour. I have heard butt flipping phrases and saying the word bitch.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2014

Funny

I think it sends great message to all kids and gives you a laugh every time
Parent Written byBecky Smith June 26, 2014

Priviledged kids, missing adult role models, sexual references, poor stereotypes

I am increasingly appalled at the Disney line up -- parents are either completely missing or idiots, there are no positive messages about learning/school and relationships are unhealthy including sexual references and stalking -- "Creepy Connie"
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoloswag12 June 9, 2014

One of the best Disney Tv shows!

Fun family comedy with a funny story and interesting characters!
Teen, 14 years old Written byema is awesome 44 June 2, 2014
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2014

Good show don't listen to the bad reviews

Look I get that there are some inappropriate jokes, but if your children aren't old enough to get them, like I was, they just sound goofy and they wouldn't make anything of it. I love the diversity of the show with all adopted kids I think that's a good message that love is what makes a family. Also its a good lessons about common tween and teen situations. In my opinion this show is hilarious and you should give it a try. The only thing that I don't like is that they often talk about beimg rich.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThooxomuefru April 28, 2014

No. Just No.

This show is awful. I only survived the first half-season. It isn't worth watching. Aside from the basic horrid quality, Jessie promotes racism, spoiled attitudes in children, stereotypes in women, and bra-stuffing. I don't know about you, but I don't want to see little nine year-olds running around on the playground with training bras filled to the brim with 2 ply toilet paper. They joke about this little foreign kid who was adopted into the family. They show kids it's normal to not have a good relationship with their parents. It's appalling. If you actually want to watch this show, or let your children watch this show, I advise against it. If you watch this show, make sure you are rock solid in your views of the world, of other people, and of yourself. Do not let children who are easily influenced by the media watch it.
Parent Written byLola91210 April 13, 2014

Uptight parents , also naive

You guys are so naive . In today's society do you really think your kids are as innocent as can be ? Think again ! Yours kids probably know about sex and drugs . Also from today's technology , they can find out ANYTHING . So take their phone or tablet or laptop , THAT WONT DO ANYTHING . They can go to the library or a friends house or SCHOOL . Yes even school , to find these things out the way you Adults were growing up (I'm a teen) is very different nowadays . It's 2014 technology is at it's strongest right now , just because a tv show doesn't say the 'correct' things they want you to say . SO WHAT?!? It's not that serious , not everything is funny anymore , yes disney shows are stupid and they are not like the classics such as "That's So Raven" but guess what ? Disney did their research and found out the joke the kids like the most are DIRTY JOKES . Trust me they shouldn't talk about "teen image" and stuff but , everytime they look at pictures in fashion magazines TEEN IMAGE , going shopping and you see a model with the clothes from the store on . Guess what TEEN IMAGE . It's EVERYWHERE and you can do a single thing about it because , your child has resources in finding out AND you can't cage up your child forever . If you do that maybe they will go to the extreme to find out the things you don't want them to know and your child does something dumb and gets hurt mentally , physically , or even sexually . Sexual trafficking rings are everywhere , you NEVER know who could be apart of them . (And I'm not a mom I'm 13) #justsaying And when luke says "you wanna find it?" After Jessie ask if he had an off button , he could've simply meant his lips in which he wanted a kiss even though she is 18 ITS TV , just tell your in denial kid that its just TV and it's fake . they don't always have to believe what they see on TV , maybe they know everything on TV is FAKE and not to ALWAYS BELIVE IT . you think you the parents were thinking negatively and thought that he was talking about maybe his private area . You guys are overthinking this show and Emma is motivated because she is motivated to get what she wants and to not stop until she reaches her goal . Zuri is SASSY not RUDE . A lot of 11 <<< yes ELEVEN Year olds act sassy . STOP BEING OVER PROTECTIVE . There no SEX in this or swearing . Or drugs , smoking , or drinking , in the end they always end up learning a FAMILY lesson .
Kid, 9 years old April 12, 2014

Good show but better for older children

There is absolutely NO educational value in this show. What is Disney trying to even teach???
Kid, 9 years old April 8, 2014

Awesome show!

This is my fav TV Show so awesome. I mean, who rates this show 1 star! I LOVE IT! But it has some love between Jessie and Tony, It is good, but not a good show for 5 and under. Awesome for 6+, though!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 8, 2014

How is this a kids show?

I am disgusted that this is portrayed as a good show for kids when it is really just a sex filled comedy by Disney. Totally inappropriate, here are 2 major examples. 1. In one episode Jessie says she is going to her room and the kids say "me too!" and she says "no", so then a guy that likes her says "me too" Jessie says "no" again and then the guy adds "Can't blame a man for trying." 2. In another episode a little boy is staying over for a few nights and likes a little girl and the little boy attempts to sleep in her room. Most offensive "kids show" I ever seen.
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2014

this is important

Jessie is an entertaining, funny show, but if you are 12 or under, (especially if you are a girl), you are going to get influenced a lot. I'm very mature. I know when to copy certain behavior and when to not, but the children are VERY, VERY rude to their nanny, butler, and elders around them. Believe me, if I spoke to my grandmother the way those kids speak to grown-ups, I would not be alive, today! The only role models are Jessie and Ravi. Ravi respects everyone and is gentle, but Emma and Zuri are these to EXTREMELY RUDE, SASSY KIDS! Do you here the way Zuri talks to here guardians and elders? "Heck to the no! i'm gonna go to bed at 9:00 whether you like it or not! MMM HMM! You heard me!" That girl is horrible! And Emma: "Umm.....be quiet like...Jessie! I'm like trying to like do my like make-up! It's totes awesies! Now, I'm going to text all day and date every boy I see and ignore my siblings...like YEAH!"