All member reviews for Joan of Arcadia

God talks to a surly teen.

Adult Written bysoccerchick April 9, 2008

A Gotta See Show

If you are anybody you will watch this show! First of all, she talks to god which automatically makes a good story line. Great sense of humor, and wonderful. Joan (Amber Tamblyn) is not only pretty, but is a great actress. All her effort really paid off. John Ritters son who in this show became paralyzed from the waist down is witty. The father is a police man is very addicting to watch. The show has a very slight C.S.I. theme in it! Absolutley GREAT!
Adult Written bybrad2bad July 7, 2009

Joan learns to trust God and submit to His will - strange concept in today's world.

Joan experiences hardships doing as God asks but sees the good done in the end. She learns to trust God, submit to His will and submit her personal good for a better, higher good of another. Amazing!
Adult Written byGregg April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Excellent!

Television is being redeemed! We love this show. It deals with social situations for teenagers, older youth, parents, and whole families. It shows how the smallest deed by a normal teeneger can cause a ripple effect of positive changes in many people's lives. Problems are lovingly dealth with and worked through. Joan is an example of a teenager who uses her brain, and her heart, to make decisions. Wonderful experience!
Adult Written byfozzie April 9, 2008

Encouages you to "Think" about life situations

This is a good show that addresses every day issues for kids growing up in a light hearted yet mindful way. Great acting - very realistic and emphsizing right from wrong. Keeps kids(and adults) attention. TV put to good use.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMattyWatty556 April 9, 2008

JOAN OF ARCADIA

The show JOAN OF ARCADIA is my mom and my favorite tv show now. Every friday we sit down together and watch. I really love the theme of her seeing god and all. A great show.
Adult Written bydigits2006 April 9, 2008

I think it is a good show, it shows the reailty of school with the fantasy of god. I think it is a great show.
Adult Written byniebel April 9, 2008

Utterly sexist show

This is the most sexist show on TV. Every male character on the show is depicted as defective in some way, and most of every show consists of vignettes in which some female character disciplines or corrects a male character, sometimes with gentle persuasion, sometimes with power discipline, and occasionally with utter humiliation. Example: when the father, in his police job, tells a rape victim "I understand how you feel" she bristles "No, you don't. No man does. No man is ALLOWED to say that!" Does she have a monopoly on suffering due to violence? What about a man who is raped, or left in a wheelchair by a mugging. Does he suffer less than she? The choice of wording "allowed to say that" instead of "can say that" or "knows enough to say that" says a lot about the attitude of the (female) producer of the show.
Adult Written byElathwel April 9, 2008

Intelligent writing

This is a consistently well written series, with a solid and charming ensemble cast. The strength of this drama is that it entertains so well while encouraging some reflection. You don't have to be religious to like this show -- the values are those we want to pass on to our children, self respect, generosity, empathy, integrity. In rebuttal to someone's comment about it being sexist, I strongly disagree. No one character is perfect, and the males and females alike have strengths that continually outshine their weaknesses. I'd like to think this show represents reality more than those that focus on self aggrandisement and winning at any cost. Bravo to the producers for swimming against the tide.
Adult Written byhonestjim April 9, 2008

Once again, unsupervised children behaving badly.

This is another show that portrays young children behaving badly. The daughter is shown passionately kissing a young boy. Where are the parents?
Teen, 16 years old Written byQueenOfNowhere34 April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written bydjb952 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byJulie Brusaw April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoAFreak April 9, 2008

Love it...

Love JoA. It's obvious. Just absolutely love it. CBS was insane to cancel it. It brings a new perspective to the meaning of God. ~~JoAFreak