All member reviews for Johnny Bravo

Clueless hunk is fun -- but edgy -- for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune February 28, 2011

Johnny Ha-Ha

I absolutely loved this show as a small child. It was one of those shows that made Cartoon Network's golden age of the 1990s and the first half of the first decade in the 2000s. I am so glad that this is also being featured as a new nano in Cartoon Network's Fusionfall (yes, I play it from time to time). This was a good and forsaken show that I really hoped wouldn't go off the air because let's face it, without shows like these, people would've abandoned Cartoon Network years ago.
Kid, 9 years old April 15, 2011

Funny, Original cartoon fun for the family, but not for young kids.

Johnny Bravo has been around Cartoon Network since the late 90's and, no matter what, it's great.While CSM says its meant more for teens and adults, its not that inappropiate.Of course, not for young kids, but kids 8+ already seen Tom and Jerry Slapstick Violence and some sexual stuff on TV, so they're ready to handle this cartoon.Violence, Slapstick never dies, all played for humor, but here are examples:Johnny gets shocked, eaten by a lion, crushed by a rhino, attacked by people.He also hits Santa Claus and mistakes him for a theif so he has to frame him and deliever gifts (But it's for a reason, though).The Sexual stuff is milder than the violence, but just slightly.Babes can be shown wearing bikinis, and Johnny always tries to get the ladies.While this is a CN Classic, it's one of the best and most popular shows that Cartoon Network made.The show is now playing every saturday and sunday at 10p on Boomerang.Oh, and by the way, look out for Scooby-Doo and the gang, they sometimes guest star on the episodes like Bravo-Dooby-Doo.Humor, slapstick violence, some sexual content, and the 90's classic cartoon style is all what's in Johnny Bravo.
Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2009

I lost alot of brain cells

This was not a very good tv show. 2 stars, just because the animation is ok.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams March 9, 2015

I loved this show as a kid, and I still do.

Johnny Bravo was perfect. Great animation, awesome jokes, perfect characters, etc.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDylanLeviiHiggiNobth March 2, 2015

One of the greatest classic cartoons is too mature for younger tweens.

This show features constant sexual themes and innuendo, cartoon violence and some mild consumerism. The cartoon violence will most possibly go over younger tweens' heads. So it's on for ages 11+, iffy for ages 10- and off for ages 8-
Parent of a 1, 4, 8, 10, 13, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 February 26, 2015

bye johny bravo

you dandy guy bye
Teen, 15 years old Written bydanny 7000 October 14, 2014

johnny bravo is not for little kids

johnny bravo is a really amazing classic cartoon show but its definately not for little kids because the show is filled with dirty adult jokes that are very innapproapriate for little kids with that being said i think johnny bravo was a very classic show aimed at Teens and Young Adults and i dont reccomend it for kids under the age of 13
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 2, 2014

Back when Cartoon Network was good

I loved Johnny Bravo as a child It was better than Johnny Test and Uncle Grandpa, I know Cartoon Network is going downhill but I wish they can bring Johnny Bravo, Ed Edd and Eddy and Dexter's Laboratory back on Cartoon Network
Teen, 14 years old Written byhgbkhkjhjkhhj July 3, 2014

this show is really funny.johnny is an idiot stupid selfish man-child who makes you laugh a lot.the episodes are good written and the stories are good.why this show has a lower rating than the powerpuff girls (who is a really bad show seeing what I said about it in my review).johnny bravo is a more better show than the powderpuff girls since the plots are different besides the powerpuff girls where is the same plot over and over in every episode! it's true that johnny is arrogant and dumb,but that's what makes him funny.the powerpuff girls were just annoying,not funny.also,in this show we don't see the same characters over and over and it isn't a dumb show about little kids fighting with the forces of evil.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2013

This cartoon is a must-see for people who enjoy clever, quirky comedy

Starting off, this show couldn't be more kid friendly. Johnny Bravo is silly, random, and off the rocker, and it reminds us all of the good shows they played in the past. Even though it revolves around Johnny trying to get girls, it really is not that inappropriate. Johnny is incredibly dimwitted, and the only positive role model is Little Suzy. But besides that, watch it.
Parent Written byhgwqhge03 September 19, 2013

The Second Cartoon Cartoon

And as a kid I totally hated it (likely because I didn't get the jokes) however this has changed it is one of my favorite shows now, a lot of cartoonists these days should watch this show so their cartoons will appeal to a larger demo graph, Johnny is not the brightest bulb, in fact he is dumb, but the writers knew how to use a dumb character and in a way he doesn't annoy the viewers it's kind of ironic that Seth McFarlane writes this show and the shows he writes now (i.e. family guy and its clones) are some of the worst shows ever created in my opinion, I also need to buy the movie Johnny bravo goes to Hollywood
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 15, 2013

Funny cartoon, but a bit edgy

Johnny Bravo is very funny. However, despite the 7+ rating it's been given, it's not that appropriate for little kid's, if you think they won't get the jokes, they can watch it unattended. There's some innuendo and sexual content which will go over the mind of a kid, and there's some cartoonish violence but that's all played for laughs. An adult might enjoy this more than a kid due to the amount of adult jokes hidden.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2013

Johnny Bravo

Does not teach kids anything. I wouldn't even bother watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnoopylove87 February 7, 2013

Hey! This is pretty good!

I have been watching Johnny Bravo ever since I was four or five (like all the other old CN cartoons) and there is nothing wrong with me. There are many lessons to learn in this series. Although Johnny tends to flirt a lot, he NEVER gets the girl, which proves the stereotype that girls are defensless wrong. Girls can also learn to never fall for a guy for his looks. Boys can learn to NOT follow Johnny's lead.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 24, 2012

Edgy for kids?!

Nuh-uh! Johnny Bravo is an awesome show! Nice animation,great humor,and more! It's a great show!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew August 3, 2012

Not edgy for kids!

Just like Ren & Stimpy,I started watching this show at a young age! Johnny Bravo is really funny! Thank goodness this new Cartoon Planet block shows reruns of it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock 2 June 16, 2012

This is awesome!

Em,this is'nt edgy for kids! I started watching Johnny Bravo at a young age! The animation is great as well as the jokes!
Adult Written byAl Jackson April 15, 2012

Great show!

This is a great show! It is really funny and has great animation!!! I recommend it.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 15, 2012

What?

Edgy for kids? Oh please! This show is OK for your child.The animation is nice and the jokes are HaHa funny!
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2011

LOL but has some edgy stuff

this is really 7+ but once there was a bit of sexual things like once he asked a woman if she found a gorilla cause there was one on the loose then he went to an old woman and asked if she saw it but didnt end the question he just went to the girl and said if she isnt hiding any gorillas below her clothes that is refering to breasts