All parent member reviews for Jon & Kate Plus 8

Adult Written bytexastwister May 26, 2009

I feel for Jon and the kids

If I had to live with Kate I might just need a break away from her for awhile too Jon. She is a very negative person, a very demanding person who would be better suited at hosting a BDSM show than a, "Family show". Jon takes with a smile for the most part, although some smiles seem really forced. Is this the best environment to raise a family? If I were filming my kids everyday adventures child protective services would be banging on my door, ...I think its called exploitation!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byahcain May 26, 2009

Family is more important than money and power - Jon & Kate

I watched the season premier of Jon & Kate and was so sadden for this sweet family. It seems that all of the power, popularity and money are taking its toll on this family that just last year celebrated a renewal of vows saying they would be together no matter what. In my opinion the show has gone to a level I don't think they expected and TLC now needs to pull back and give this family some time off air. I know it will affect their ratings, but what's more important. This couple needs some time to reconnect and find one another again. Also, the toll this is taking on their kids is only going to get worse. Imagine going to school and hearing all of this from your friends and possibly other adults. Kate needs to pull back from all publicity and stay at home and Jon needs to be strong and fight for his family. My daughter loves this show and we have laughed at watching it in the past, but I am not so sure about this season.
Adult Written bydebfetsrn May 26, 2009

Ridiculous!

I can't believe this show is still on the air, and people are actually still watching it, after the "role model" parents had affairs. What does that show?
Parent of a 4, 7, and 16 year old Written bysgirls May 26, 2009

Hang in there

Raising children is a tough job for anyone let alone tryng to deal with everything this family has had placed on their lap no matter what it is I hope they are able to work out the best situation for all. I really feel for the intire family. I can say is I hope they stay strong and keep their heads up. Life it more then tv and more then gosip. I think they made Kate look like she has emotions for the first time and they made Jon the cold one. I think Jon should have at least said I love my family and I'm sticking to what is important there and if you watched any of this program I have only seen Kate reach out to him it was showing her needing him to be there and he may have been in body but not heart. It to me was sad to watch. I see Kate as a survivor and I see her doing all she can to provide for her family and I think that is AWSOME!!!! Keep it up for get the press they are cold gosip family wreching org. Good luck and I plan to keep watching!!!
Parent of a 3, 10, 13, 16, 21, and 24 year old Written byAngryGrandma April 12, 2009

Horrible Plot!

This show is just about a family's life. Its really stupid because you can TOTALLY tell that the kids are not part of that family. I mean really, if you guys are gonna make it THAT bad, why not have like 24 kids and 2 parents! That would be a WHOLE lot more interesting! but the plot of just 8 kids, well thats a little boring! and the kids are HORRIBLE actresses/actors! GET A LIFE!!!
Parent of a 7 and 7 year old Written bymotheroftwins2 April 10, 2009

My girls love it

My twin 7 year old girls love to watch the hectic day to day life of the gosselins. I can sit through it, but the kids enjoy it alot more than I do.
Adult Written bykeljan April 10, 2009

Educator and Parent of a 2, 7, and 10 year old Written byAudrey McIntosh February 3, 2009

Great Role Models

Jon and Kate have a chaotic life but they still seem to be able to keep their cool. They raise their kids with the great values and manners.
Adult Written bymiami December 4, 2008

Adult Written byADDISON_TSANG November 16, 2008

Adult Written byAh Jay April 9, 2008

Totally obnoxious!

The Gosselins are basically publicity/feebie seeking amoebas. One has to wonder what's gonna happen when the public loses interest, the cameras stop rolling, and the payday ends. Will the Gosselin's divorce be messy? Who will get custody of those 8 neurotic kids? To be continued!
Adult Written bymswestern April 9, 2008

The show has lost its appeal for me

I used to like this show, but as time wears on -- and Kate harps on -- I am having a harder and harder time listening to 30+ minutes of her harping, belittling, and demeaning her family. I have also been turned off by the crass commercialism and opportunism shown by Jon and Kate. These people have more help and more opportunities than most Americans, and yet they still whine about how "exhausted" they are, and how "stressful" their lives are. Here's an idea: take out the production lighting in your home, say goodbye to the film crew and nannies, and raise your children the way most of us do. Most of us have to work very, very hard to support our families, we are not exploiting our children in order to get unlimited Juicy Juice, ski trips, and hair plugs. The Gosselins stopped being "normal" people a long time ago. It is time for the show to end.
Adult Written byginger007 April 9, 2008

Too funny!!

This show is really good. It helps you knowing that mother's do become frustrated. They are very brave allowing cameras into their home. GREAT PROGRAM!!!
Adult Written byrealmom April 9, 2008

Great parently ideas

I LOVE this show! This show makes me feel like I am not the only Mom that feels like I am goin crazy ounce and an while. They are fantastic parents with great parenting ideas for how to deal with children. I olny have one child but get great ideas from this show. I commend this family and cant wait for a new show. Keep this show!
Adult Written bycastillos1815 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysunyalsmith@aol.com April 9, 2008

I couldn't stop watching

I watched the first segment and wanted to see more. I found another segment a month later and when I found out there were doing regular updated shows on the family I was estatic. I love seeing all the kids and these loving parents. I know things have to be stressful at times but you can see the love that these parents have for their children and each other. I tivo the show now so I don't miss any. I think its great. That's the kind of reality show that needs to be on television.
Adult Written bykybobsmom1216 April 9, 2008

Jon and Kate are inspiring

I love watching this show I'm a single mother of 1 and that's a struggle. How you do it with 8 amazes me every time I watch. Kate and Jon you are such an inspiration is so many ways. Thank you for sharing your story.
Adult Written bygrandmommySH April 9, 2008

I just want to jump in there and help!

This is my absolute favorite show. I love this family. Kate Goslin is "it". I love her attitude. I think they an amazing job. I wish I could have interviewed for her housekkeeping position!
Adult Written byJenni72 April 9, 2008

Great Story

I think this was a great story about this family. Very inspirational
Adult Written bydaturner05 April 9, 2008