All member reviews for Justice League Unlimited

Heroes' mutual respect makes for a winning team.

Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2011

Seriously CMS... 7?

This is the BEST show ever but, come on! You guys rated this for a seven year old? I would rather die before letting a seven year old watch this. It is WAYYY to violent for a seven year old. More for a tween.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 August 23, 2013

Continuation of The Justice League. It's good but not as good as "The Justice League"

I think it's great. Storyline is pretty good and you really connect with the characters. Good action scenes and plot twists. It's pretty good but it isn't as good as "The Justice League". This is just continuing the previous series. Also there is a lot of interrupted swearing like "go to/ go straight to" and"kiss my" one time there was "you son of a". So like I said interrupted swearing but other than that it's fine. Oh by the way BATMAN IS THE BEST!!
Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2011

Great, but inappropiate for kids

I remember that the episode with the white martians was very violent and creepy, with some blood. I'm pretty sure it pushes the edge of TV-PG. I also remember the whole show can get quite violent. Overall, it is a violent show, but it is very good. Bravo!
Adult Written byMom of 4 Boys April 9, 2008

Hated it! Not for my kids

I thought this was going to be a good outlet for my boys' superhero fascination, but I was shocked at the violent nature. We watched one episode and got rid of it. I don't think it was appropriate!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 14, 2013

I remember this from my childhood, and it was and still is awesome.

I love Batman. The amazing staying power of these characters, some of whom first debuted in the 30's, makes the show a fun choice for nostalgic cartoon fans. It's a winner for kids, too, as the idealistic view of super powers is part of everyone's childhood.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccer lover229 January 24, 2010

awesome show

awesome show but not for 7 year olds!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2009

wow!!!!!! I would never let a 7 year watch justice league

wow!!!!!! I would never let a 7 year old watch justice league. I am not saying it's a bad show I liked it but I am 12 so it did not scare me. But this show does have good role models and a lot of violents for a kids show.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVoracious Reader March 8, 2009

This is the Best Superhero Show I've Ever Seen

It's awesome! But geared toward older audiences. It's VERY VERY violent. Pretty much all that happens in half of the shows is people getting pummeled. There are also more than a few innuendos, and the women wear pretty revealing clothes. Other than that, though, it's pretty awesome for us teens. If you're a tween, you might want regular Legion of Superheroes. Below that, stick with Word-Girl.
Teen, 14 years old Written byglavin April 9, 2008

Why Must This Show Have Been Canceled?

Justice League Unlimited was a brilliant show. The fact they could develop so many characters so well definately shows how smart the writters for the show are. With ongoing plotlines each season, I never wanted to miss an episode. I hope Bruce Timm and co. are working on another show just as good.
Adult Written byAnneWaldron April 9, 2008

Pretty Sexy stuff for yong kids.

One episode has a Hugh Heffner like character in it. Give me a break! Grade schoolers don't need to know about him.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Parent of a 8 year old Written byNikoo September 4, 2014

I can't believe Common Sense Media rates this okay for age 7 and up

This is the first time I can honestly say I've looked up a show on CCM and totally disagreed with their review. My daughter age 8 was watching the show on Netflix and since it is rated for 7 and up I thought it would be okay. After what I saw today she will not be watching it again. Two female superheroes are talking about Green Lantern and one says to the other you should see his underwear drawer. The other one says, I have. Then the other superhero says oh he must still have feelings for you... I couldn't believe my ears! This junk is totally unacceptable for kids' content. The sexual innuendo, language and violence make this inappropriate for kids under 12 in my book and even then I would not recommend.
Adult Written by2000skid July 20, 2014

Excellent show!

Justice League does a great job at explaining the importance of teamwork. Morality is the backbone of the show and how the different personalities interact and discuss justice makes for a thoughtful show. I would suggest that parents watch the show with children for the reason being that there is some mild innuendo sprinkled throughout the series. Female costumes are not usually revealing so no problem there. This is a well crafted superhero kids show with enough to make adults enjoy it as well.
Adult Written byMBII July 15, 2014

Had to address other reviews

So I've seen a lot of stupid reviews on this site but there's a few for this show that made my sign up just to address them. To the person complaining about the Hugh Hefner-like character, that was in Justice League, not Justice League Unlimited. Please get your basic facts straight. And how will a kid recognize a reference to Hefner unless they already know who Hefner is? Logic, it's fun. And to the person complaining about there being too much violence: what planet did you come from? What did you honestly expect? This is a superhero show, where the FIGHT supervillains (see if you can pick out the key word). What do you want them to do, play chess? Have a thumb war? What a ridiculously asinine complaint to make. Rating such a stellar, classic piece of animation 2 stars because you want to over-shelter your kids is unforgiveable. JLU is far better for them than the other crap you'll plop them in front of in this day and age. Oh I forgot to address the other terribly inaccurate review. I'm sick of people saying Superman never kills or is above killing. You have obviously never read a comic book in your life, or seen Superman II, or Man of Steel. The only hero who will never kill in any situation (except for that one time with Darkseid and the radion bullet) is Batman. Complaining that Superman struggled with killing in a kids' show surprised you shows you how far kids' shows have fallen. What, just b/c it's a "kids' show" they have to neuter it completely and remove all depth? Well, congrats, that's how every show on Cartoon Network is.
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2014

Is JLU For You?

Justice League Unlimited is a good TV show for kids 7 and up. It includes some graphic and intense action and brief sex.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bytheSarge00 July 1, 2014

Best superhero cartoon series, ever.

After "Superfriends" (5 and up) and "Batman the Animated Series" and "Superman the Animated Series" (8 and up), comes "Justice League" and "Justice League Unlimited" (10 and up). "Justice League" is about a team of superheroes - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl - and their struggles in defending the Earth from threats domestic and extraterrestrial. “Justice League Unlimited” ups the ante by featuring, aside from the Justice League regulars, a wider range of Justice League members – Zantana, Green Arrow, Captain Atom, Supergirl, and dozens more. This helps add not just diversity in powers, but in gender and race. The stories range from the sublime (in “Kid’s Stuff”, a young sorcerer wishes all adults out of the world, and Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern volunteer to become kids again to be able to set things right, and “This Little Piggy” features Wonder Woman turned into a pig by the sorceress Circe, and the terrible/funny price Batman is forced to pay to save her) to the sad (“Wake the Dead” sees the simple-minded Hulk-like villain Solomon Grundy, who gave his life in a previous episode, accidentally resurrected as a mindless, destructive, and pain wracked monster, and the hard choice his one friend has to make). It also features an ongoing subplot about the concerns the government has in regards to an army of beings with godlike powers (the JLU) who only answer to themselves. There’s some meat in the midst of the cotton candy. The stories DO feature violent conflict (the nature of the genre) but they also feature deeper storytelling, often posing moral quandaries - which is a good thing. Someone complained about Superman being faced with the notion of killing Lex Luthor: he thought it was unSupermanlike, but the truth is kids WILL come to moral crossroads, and it's much more effective to show that, rather than pose a simple moral certainty, because life is not made of moral certainties. Showing the temptation and demonstrating your hero overcoming it is a MUCH better way to present the issue. It gives them an answer to "why not". The episodes of "A Better World”, feature an alternate universe where Luthor killed the Flash, and the Justice League take matters too much in hand, killing Luthor, and lobotomizing all of their enemies to make the world "safer"...of course they have to KEEP making the world safer, becoming the Justice Lords, and crushing freedom. They attempt to bring this same "safety" to the Justice League universe, but are stopped. It delineates the heroic line with a very visible “why not” example. It's an issue your kids will face as they get older and read comics - there's a split amongst fans between those who like their heroes "heroic" (non-lethal, like Batman and Superman of the comics) and those who prefer to not have their moral failings challenged, who cleave more to the (lethal) lowered-expectations anti-heroes of the Marvel line of characters, like Wolverine and the Punisher. It’s also common in video games based on comics, since they are generally aimed at late teens – particularly the “Arkham” line of Batman games, and “Injustice: Gods Among Us” which take all of the characters into a much darker, lethal world, to feed the bloodthirsty tastes of modern teens and young adults. So let’s access by category: -EDUCATIONAL VALUE: If we’re addressing academic educational value, then no, none to speak of, though on a philosophical level, there’s some educating that goes on. When Batman quotes “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?” - the latin for “Who watches the watchmen?” he sums up the underlying theme of the first season of Justice League Unlimited: who will protect us when those who protect us grow too powerful? -POSITIVE MESSAGES: most of the old standards. Equality. Sometimes the best way to win a fight is to not fight at all. Learn to value our differences, not hate them. For my money, the best thing it teaches is the heroic ideal that ruled comics for so long: preserve lives, good and bad, even if it means losing your own. Use power responsibly. It’s better to lead by example, rather than force. Be servants of justice, not its arbiter (BIG one – it’s the answer to all the people who say superheroes should kill their enemies rather than arrest them). -POSITIVE ROLE MODELS: Superman – literally powerful enough to be “beyond good and evil” – that is, not bound by the social forces that punish us for bad behavior and guilt us into good…and yet he chooses to hobble himself to do the right thing, even when it would be so simple to do otherwise. Wonder Woman – much the same story as with Superman, with the addition of being a strong female character who is respected by everyone. It can be said of most of the Justice League characters though: the will to do good. They don’t HAVE to, they choose to, and that makes all the difference in the world. -VIOLENCE and SCARINESS: laser impacts and burns, electrocution, almost drowning, hit by bodies/rocks/cars etc, shot by any number of different kinds of guns, struck by missiles and explosives. Pummeled, kicked, punched, etc. Injuries ranging from broken bones, to abrassions, burns, black eyes, and bleeding lips, to coma. Some deaths, though always offscreen. Torture. There’s a lot of violence, but then it’s a superhero show, and it’s kind of the nature of the genre. In one episode, Green Arrow attempts to snap the aging Wildcat out of indulging in cage matches (he was an old school pugilist hero, feeling lost in the modern era of superpowered heroes) by letting him pound him to within an inch of his life – he ends up in a sling and crutches, but it worked. I actually think it’s important to see consequences for violence. It always bugged me to watch the old GI Joe cartoons where EVERYONE carried a gun, engaged in massive gunfights, and NO ONE got hurt. Plus, heroism is valueless if there isn’t a chance of injury or death. Equally, you also see attempts to avoid violence and find alternative solutions. So for the most part, the violence serves the story. -SEX: no sex/nudity, though there are a number of romances – Green Lantern and Hawkgirl, Green Lantern and Vixen (so named because she can channel animal powers, not because she’s a “vixen”), Green Arrow and Black Canary, The Question and the Huntress, and a toyed-at romance between Batman and Wonder Woman. Some embraces and kisses, and that’s about it, so if that counts as sexy to you, caveat emptor. The character design doesn’t include any over endowed women, and costume designs are generally on par with modern athletic wear (Wonder Woman’s design is pretty much exactly the same as it has been for most of her last 40 years in comics – her trunks, if they were underwear, would be considered granny panties, and are the same cut as the ones worn by Linda Carter as Wonder Woman when she played her on TV back in the 70’s). Probably the most revealing would be Hawkgirl in JLU after giving up her costume in the wake of events at the end of the second season of Justice League, she wears a sports bra/halter and leggings – nothing particularly immodest unless you have something against bare midriffs and shoulders. For the men, the Martian Manhunter basically runs around in a pair of trunks, a crossed harness across his bare chest and a cape – though he is green and not human. After that, Hawkman and Aquaman, both topless. So, no sex by modern standards. -LANGUAGE: no bad language to speak of. -CONSUMERISM: while, like most cartoons, there are toys generated because of the show, the toys don’t drive the show. Shows that are driven by toys would be like GI Joe, Transformers, Pokemon and all the various “card game” based shows like Yu-Gi-Oh – where the toy is the reason for the show. -DRINKING, DRUGS, & SMOKING: as I recall there might be a few characters – villains or neutral – who smoke, none of the heroes do. There might also be champagne/cocktails shown at places like nightclubs or receptions, but other than that, not a featured behavior, and not engaged in by the main characters. I know it sounds like a bit much, but my son enjoyed them at 10, and we have watched the whole series a few times in the years since. It provides interesting and engaging stories for a variety of ages.
Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2013

Justice League Unlimited is AWESOME!

justice league unlimited is a exiting show. it does involve smoking,killing, violent themes,kissing,torturing,greed,lady's being beaten,bullying,a kid being smashed,guns,a kid witnessing parent murder,mild language,and a zombie.
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2012

This show is so cool.

This show is wow! Expect there is some sexy stuff, language, and violence. With language, one time Diana says, "Go to" but then Flash interrupted her, and that's what they say with everyone else. Also me and my family says that the punches sound so painful on the tv. And with sexy stuff, sometimes the female characters have their bellies out and wear underwear like Wonder Woman for example. This guy said that Wonder Woman could be in the swimsuit contest if she wanted. And isn't Diana supposed to hate men since she's from Amazon? Cause she likes Batman. Also, this guy saw Wonder Woman and he stared at her up and down. Huntress has her belly out and has a really short uniform. Black Canary is a sex symbol I think. This guy called her a "babe" and Green Arrow likes her. Ollie (Green Arrow) looked at Dinah (Black Canary) when she was changing her clothes, and she says to Ollie"Drop something?" And when Dinah was being introdouced in a boxing match a man's (who I think was married) eyeglass dropped when he saw her. (and I think he was married because when the eyeglass dropped a woman got angry at him.)
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2012

Best Show for a Positive Message!

this is a wonderful show to teach kids how super heros work untill they come to success!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 January 27, 2011

Edgy compared to other superhero shows

Justice League is a very good series. The characters and plot are surprisingly complex, and they often continue their story arc-which is cool. Parents-I must warn you, this series has more violence than other suphero series. It can get brutal (leading to injuries), but it's obviously not that violent since it's animated. I think, though, there is some blood in it at times. There's also some flirtatious banter, kissing, and some innuendo (sometimes characters make comments/stare at woman in revealing outfits and make sexual jokes); however, it's very subtle. They don't curse, but they sometimes say things like, "Go to-" and get cut off. Overall the content isn't too bad, but parents may want to watch out for it if younger kids see this show.