All member reviews for Kekkaishi

Mild anime that's light on action and heavy on talking.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypartysmores July 16, 2011

WHAT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS, COMMON SENSE MEDIA?!

Your brain is full of MUSH! Since when the heck does Almost Naked Animals get three stars and the best anime ever get two stars? If I were to give you a review, Common Sense Media, I'd give you one star because apparently two stars means "best anime ever". Oh, and I see my mom is on here. Hi Mom.
Kid, 9 years old March 5, 2011

Huh?

I never heard of this show (when's it on CN?) so I Googled it. Looks pretty interesting. May watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmyFu October 11, 2011

One of the best shows!

This is one of the best shows I ever watched! It may have A FEW bad words in it like, "H*** and D***" but Just those two words should be alright for ages 11and up!
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Like InuYasha, beware of the violence.

There are a few spooky scenes, but iffy for 10 and up. If you look away from the scenes that are suspicious or otherwise spooky, you'll be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshowcritic2000 December 16, 2011

Perfect for ages 10 and up!!!

This is a PERFECT anime for ages 10 and up, the TV-14 rating is WAY too harsh. I don't even know why it's on Adult Swim, it should be on Cartoon Network or Funimation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJapanlover November 20, 2011

What Anime should be!!!! A great show for LDS people.

I love this show. It's an example of what manga and anime should besides Studio Ghibli movies. It does not contain and sex or nudity(aka fanservice). Most of the shonen titles i've seen so far like Naruto may it briefly like in the sexy jutsu parts(Still inappropriate in my opinion, although Naruto and Konohamaru in their girl form are cute though) , may be moderate like Dragon Ball(uncut version) and One Piece (Dragon Ball: some nudes parts, One Piece: some crude humor) or may mainly focus on it (Ichigo 100% and Harenchi Gakuen , bleh!!), This show contains none. Other content is the same. Common Sense Media ratings are a mixed bag, some like Spirited Away and Showgirls reflects their critical reaction, other like Enter the Dragon and Fullmetal Alchemist is probably just their opinion, while most in my opinion like Oliver and Company, this show, and Brother Bear are given stupid ratings in ridiculous ways. Other then that, a great show, perfect for a LDS audience and not perverted. I highly recommended this title
Kid, 9 years old August 9, 2011

TV-14 sometimes but ON for 9+

Very tame for an adult swim show, some fantasy violence, mom actually said IT WAS COOL for me to watch it, (I also showed my 6 year old bro cuz he's a amine fan but I give it 4 stars cause they talk a lot, but other than that it's 5-star worthy
Parent of a 9 and 13 year old Written byVeryProudParent June 6, 2011

My 13-year-old son is obsessed with this show; 8-year-old is bored.

This show does contain violence and a confusing plot, but the minute my 13-year-old saw it, he fell in love. My 8-year-old just says "What..." and usually wanders off to go do something else. I've seen it before, and the worst it has is some sexual innuendo, mild language, and violence (there was only one scene with a pedophile that bothered me).
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarKisuneOkami April 27, 2011

JUST THE BEST!!!

Heh, I began watching this when of course, I was 11. Fell in love with it. All the characters are deep, especially the kekkaishi's powers. Of course, there is blood and cussing, but it's anime. Welcome to it. Even the demon dogs of Madarao and Hakubi have pasts, most notably, Madarao. I actually got in this show watching the battle between Koya and Madarao. If you love animals, try to give this show a go. this is my favorite anime, although it does cut off rather annoyingly, while the manga still goes on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune April 18, 2011

Kelikey

This is a good show that my friends discovered. It is interesting at times, and it's one of those cliche shows with the underdog always getting the girl and all is well. Sometimes I wish it was the girl getting the guy to change things up. At times, I find myself thinking about how they could've handled a situation differently in one of the episodes. I know it keeps the story in order to make it longer, but sometimes I find that there were stupid moves made and not good enough reasons why they didn't take the easy way out which is almost always better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhm.x010 April 1, 2011

Good, but may be boring

the show is about two high schoolers fighting creatures at night. it's hinted that the boy likes the girl. i have not finished it yet, but so far it's a little repetitive. a lot of the eps are about them either fighting creatures at night, or dealing with ghosts and such. it's not a bad show, though in my opinion, lacks plot.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

ok,but sorta a ripoff

this show is OK,but i only have one issue with it:it seems a bit too much like Naruto.Though the music and animation DO deserve something.
Kid, 10 years old February 20, 2011
This show deserves at least a 3! It does not pick up until the 4th episode, though. After that it is a mysterious and enjoyable show. Now for the content. Language is limited to very infrequent (1-3 in all on worst episode) and some don't say a thing. Characters say words like d**m and h**l, and as of the 25 episode it has stayed that way. Violence is infrequent, but present in each episode consisting of battles occasionally adding up the some blood and sometimes disfigured monsters. Injuries to humans are sparodic. There are also occasional sexual terms not worst than Naruto.Overall it is a show worth checking out: comes on sundays at 12:30 and 4:30. age recomendation:11/12+ iffy 10-11
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv February 11, 2011

A better than average shonen anime.

I like the manga, so I watched the anime too. The anime has a slow beginning, but once it gets going, it gets much better. The animation and music score are all good, and the voice acting is, for the most part, professional. Not as good as Naruto, but still pretty good.