All member reviews for Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil

Adult Written byNeyer November 15, 2010

Wedgies wedgies wedgies

Kick's complete disregard for safety is the basis of this entire series. The only thing he is interested in is riding on his skateboard all around the town, completely unsupervised mind you, with little to no injury sustained after idiotic stunts like cliff diving or skating down roofs. There is a lack of role models and, not surprisingly, Kick's older brother plays the role of the 'idiot' in the series. There isn't a shred of brotherly love to be found in the entire series and it seems to give the message that brothers never love each other. Also, Kick's best friend seems to hate Kick's brother as well, implying that friends of one sibling can't be friends of another. 'Butt' and potty humor are far overused and often set off my gag reflex if I think about it too much. Kick walks around with a perpetual wedgie, which seems to be where the camera mainly focuses, and invokes a laugh response from unwitting viewers. This show is on my 'do not watch' list and any children that happen to be under my care are not allowed to watch this. Anyone younger than ten absolutely isn't old enough to watch this show since most are incapable of separating reality and fiction. Unless your child is extremely intelligent (which some are) and knows that all of the things shown are only for the sake of entertainment I recommend you turn the television off and play checkers instead. Anyone over eleven should be just fine watching this. But don't be surprised if there is a sudden influx of burps, farts, attempted milk-out-the-nose stunts, and excessive use of the word 'butt' for a while.
Parent Written bygianna_mom July 24, 2013

Kick Buttowski: Not as Bad as You Think

My 9-y.o. LOVES Kick Buttowski! And although the other parents on this site may think you otherwise, I personally think this is actually an okay show! The humor can be a little crude, but many episodes dredge up a chuckle from adults as well (at least in our house). The animation is great, much better than the garish Phineas and Ferb. And because many parents have made the comparison, I would like to say before anything that it is similar to P&F by levels of violence, rudeness between siblings, moral values, and blows it out of the water in humor and visual quality. And sure, Brad and Kick Buttowski are rude, and the friend dislikes the brother as well, but that is because Brad is... let's face it... a flat-out jerk! I do not at all get how Kick is rude to his friend, however; in fact, their relationship seems great. The only respect-type thing I find a bit questionable is the fact that Kick and Brad occasionally lie to and trick their parents... not little lies, but big lies, like scratching up Dad's prize vintage car, disobeying serious rules, etc. There is no use of mild curses that I would find inappropriate for small kids, such as "crap", like in many other, worse, Disney shows. The use of the word "butt", however, seems to offend several parents, according to the other reviews, and although I personally have no problem as long as the word is not an insult in our house (eg, "You little butt of a brother!"), I would like to put that out there. As for violence, there is nothing but mild cartoonish stuff here. Kick does some crazy stunts and isn't the most safety-wise, but it is all in good fun and WILL NOT have your children literally jumping off the walls, destroying the house, leaping off stairs, and skateboarding off cliffs. And when Kick does stupid thrill-seeking acts, he often pays the price in injury, unlike in other cartoons, where characters get bopped on the head with a hammer or shot with a rifle, stay dazed for one second, and get back up. Underneath the word "butt", the action stunts, and the rude brother that so many parents here point out, there is a comedic, child-appropriate, fun show that actually has some good messages. Yes... good messages. Sure, there's the brother feud, but deep down, they love each other, and that is portrayed on the show. Viewers are reminded the importance of friendship often. Kick gives a treasured old trike he wants to hang on to to a sister who needs and will play with it more. My children have never had any sort of negative change in behavior from this show, and I have found they don't really absorb the bad as much as we are led to believe, at least at age 7-9. No, there wasn't a huge positive change, but the show is great fun. If your children are different and absorb the bad, a simple reminder of expectations for respect and safety will be good. All in all, this is a good show (for kids 5+). Kids 7-9 will appreciate it most and be least affected by the little bits of "bad" present in every show. My husband and I find it well-made and good for a silly chuckle while my son and occasionally his brother watch. If you have a fun-loving 7-9 year old boy, this is a show for you.
Adult Written byJEDI micah January 25, 2013

This actually appeals to me!

One star?! Here we go again with Common Sense's lack of fun. This show, even though there's not much positive role models or messages, is actually very entertaining! The main character, Kick Buttowski, performs all different kinds of daredevil stunts, and it is pretty cool! The animation is descent and swag, the humor is funny, and mostly for me, I love the rock music that you hear in each episode! Rarely does a cartoon focus on rock music, besides Regular Show. As long as kids understand that what they see in this funny and awesome cartoon should not be done in real life, then it is an entertaining show to tune in! This might be Disney's best animated show! I think it is!
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bykimincolorado March 27, 2010

Terrible show

My 6 year-old son behaves very badly after watching this show. I think it is obnoxious and has redeeming value. We have tried it three times, and it is now on the banned list. A better show that is also funny for adults is Phineas and Ferb.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2010

i just want to say that phineas anb ferb is not a good tv show for kids kick buttowski is a great show for kids
Parent Written byswcanada June 24, 2012

Really misses the mark

Combines sub-par story lines with objectionable characters. There is a distinct lack of heart in this series - humour is snarky, snide and rude - the writing is uninspired. There's really no reason to watch this one. I gave it a try - watched probably seven or eight episodes with my son (seven) and neither of us warmed to it at all. A shame as there's a kernel of a fun idea here, but it's so very poorly executed that the series is just a shambles.
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Kick Buttowski

cartoon daredevil has lots of entertaining stunts and some laughs.
Parent of a 7, 7, 8, 11, and 14 year old Written byChrist-Lover April 24, 2011

Extremely weird.

This show is just stupid. Don't even bother buying Disney XD, it's just filled with stupid shows like this. Isn't Kick ten years old or younger maybe? Why does he talk like a forty year old man...
Teen, 13 years old Written byjason24589 January 16, 2011

Awesome show but not good for 9 below.

I love this show but it is dangerous to try this at home even they use the word "dillweed" and his surname begins to the word "butt-"
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byfat4jc December 26, 2010

Teaches disrespect

My main beef with this show is it's usage of the word "dillweed". I expect better from Disney. I'm trying to bring my child up to be a respectful young man, and calling others a dillweed ain't helping.
Kid, 11 years old August 30, 2010

Boon's rating

The content in this show is really over the top. think about it, they exagerate the size of the main character butt, you can see what i mean when he turns sideways. also, they give him a deep mans voice. anyone find that a little strange?
Parent of a 10 year old Written byLauren_E June 22, 2010

Go Kick, Go!

I feel Kick teaches kids not to give up. Yes, Kick is a little mischievous at times, but lighten up, what boy isn't?
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiyariShirou May 30, 2010

I don't see what the deal is. I love Kick~!

Well let's see... I like Kick Buttowski for one reason. It's entertaining. If it's on DisneyXD and not Playhouse Disney, what's the problem~? I have yet so see an episode with someone being filmed in the nude. I have come to find that DisneyXD is made to be entertaining, not funny. Entertainment, not comedy. That's why Naruto is on there. Little kids wouldn't understand Naruto~! If you don't approve of Kick Buttowski, don't let your kids watch it. Simple as that~ And btw, if you want to waste your time complaining about something, complain about South Park.
Kid, 9 years old March 27, 2010

sucks

i wish i could give it 0 stars.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bykickbuttowskirocks February 28, 2010

perfect for all ages

i love this show it rocks! kick has a girl friend in one episode but other than that it rocks and it's not just safe it's a really funny and daring and most of all HE ROCKS!
Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2015

good show

This is a good show it's really entertaining and its funny but full off dangerous stunts and there are some fights at the end
Kid, 9 years old February 1, 2014

LEARNING

Kick buttowski Show is a Great

Kick Buttowski is a great show i dont know why you guys said bad things about it i mean really it is funny you guys are haters!
Teen, 17 years old Written byILoveTacoBell September 20, 2013

Overrated garbage.

This is just a rip off of Rocket Power (which started out good, but went downhill after the 2nd half of Season 2). Anyways, the animation is HORRIBLE, the acting is very crappy, and there nothing good about Kick Buttowski. Also, the "humor" is just stupid.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 23, 2013

Good show!

Probably not for little kids because they will imitate the stunts, but still a good show!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byTripFoot June 15, 2013

Animated sh*t in its purest form

As CSM's review says, Kick Buttowski is a lame cartoon with no substance. In fact, the mediocre animation is the best thing about it. Skip it.