Kid reviews for Kickin' It

So-so comedy offers tweens some worthwhile messages.

Wondering if Kickin' It is OK for your kids?

Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

know your kid!!!

This show is a know your kids situation.The language is very moderate (i.e. jerk ,sexy,stupid etc.) Though it is a Martial Arts show(karate) its obviously staged and for play, so violence is nothing of concern.Jack is the main character and is a good roe model , to show kids that just because your friends do something does not mean you have to(peer pressure). So overall its a "know your kid situation".

Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel M. June 7, 2013

Kickin' It: An entertaining wallop of karate comedy

Kickin' It is a very interesting martial arts sitcom that deals with the virtues of friendship and the costs of betrayal through lovable young protagonists. It's good for a few laughs although each episode culminates in some fast-paced fight sequence.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRosebud95 April 2, 2013
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2013

Kickn' it is OK

It's true that they do use inappropriate language sometimes like poop but like the other person said, most kids hear worse stuff at school. As far as the wet t shirt contest goes, kids normally dont pay attention to stuff like that. There isn't a lot of violence except the use of karate so there is no blood or gore. It's a pass for kids 9 and up

Kid, 9 years old February 10, 2013

Fantastic Role Models

In the story almost all the characters are good role models! For example: Jack and Kim help to keep their friends safe!! FIGHTING!! Only mild fighting though. (eg: Punches, Kicks.) No broken bones!!! Teaches kids not to bully and to stand up to bullys!!

Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2013

Family Friendly Show

Kickin' It is one of my favorite shows. There is a little violence when they fight people, but not too bad. They are all good role models for young kids! I highly recommend this show!

Teen, 15 years old Written byrebma97 February 5, 2013

Nice series

It's a typical Disney sitcom, but I enjoy this series. The martial arts are really cool, and I always look forward to the battle scenes. There isn't too much to worry about. Violence is more prominent than other Disney series, though, since the characters learn martial arts and are seen using them against their enemies at times. There's not actual sex, but two characters have a romantic attraction to each other. One use of "sexy" in one episode.

Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2013

This show is nice but can have some scenes that could be argued "friendly" for kids under 7 or 8. There is a lot of fighting and moderet name calling, but Jack and his gang are good role model's (most of the time) Overall parents should be okay with letting their kids watch this show whether they are with or not with their children.

Kid, 12 years old December 23, 2012

Watch This Show!*****

Kickin It is one of my favorite shows. It has positive messages. For example, there is an episode that revolves around a character which teaches a good lesson. Indiana Eddie, Eddie (Alex Christian Jones) wants to go on an adventure for a career evaluation, but his friends didn't support him. But they realize how much it really means to him and decide to go on the archaeology adventure with him . Generally, the positive role model is the main character, Jack. He is portrayed by martial artist and actor Leo Howard. Since the first episode, Jack has taught his friends to never give up and be true to yourself, there are also other role models, like Kim (Olivia Holt) and Rudy (Jason Earles). This show isn't really violent, but since it's about martial arts, they always have some martial arts fight in every episode.

Kid, 12 years old November 9, 2012

I like this show, it can be very funny. However it sometimes has some of the lamest jokes i've ever heard. Its better than the rubbish cra* on disney channel.

Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2012

A Very Funny Show

I love this show its sooo funny like rudy and its really cool when they do karate

Teen, 14 years old Written bypurplebaron April 22, 2012

Alright, but kinda violent

I like this show, it is no way great, but it's half decent. I notice that there is a lot of violence (of course this is a marital arts show, but it seems to be used in the..... wrong way, if you know what I mean). However there are also good messages, like the kids fighting against a robot, even though they know they can't win.....

Kid, 12 years old March 21, 2012

good show and messages

this is a really cool show, it has really postive messages ex. in one episode, a bully blackmails a kid into pulling pranks, in the end, one chacter says something about helping friends. IT IS A AWESOME SHOW

Kid, 11 years old March 11, 2012

BEST TV SHOW DISNEY HAS CREATED IN A WHILE

I first saw the show with my 16-at-the-time older brother and my 7-at-the-time younger brother after coming home from party city. We watched 'Dummy Dancing.' I saw some familiar characters and instantly fell in love with the show. It is the most amazing show I've seen in a while. It has inspired me to take martial arts, which I am saving up to do!

Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2012

Good Show!

Really Good! I didn't expect this good of show from "The XD". I like it. It's fun to watch Jack. Great show!

Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 February 13, 2012

kdvml kkv3

karate team delivers cool marcial arts and Funny jokes.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymaddigon55 January 12, 2012

Best show in a while.

This show is better then any other shows on Disney Channel. It has positive messages and they are good role models.

Kid, 11 years old December 19, 2011

Not great but not cheesy like Shake it up.

Kickin It is a decent show, but not as good as Drake and Josh or Jessie. There is karate-related violence, but not MMA or anything, and they say butt and poop and stuff like that, but most kids over the age of 7 hear worse stuff every day.

Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2011

Kickin all those mean comments away!

This show is A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!! It's crazy, cool, sporty, and it will make you laugh your pants off! Sometimes their are some inaproprite comments about stuff. One guy called his legs "Sexy" and they made some gross comments about where babys come from. None of the marchel arts stuff is violent, its either them practicing, or fighting ppl. It's suppost to show how much they know and sometimes its for laughs. Overall this is a funny comedy that anyone would like!

Teen, 17 years old Written by_TrueVampire3682_ November 4, 2011

Kickin' it's way right into my heart!

Can anyone say B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T? :) I adore this show and it's good hearted messages,no apparent dangers for the little ones except for use of words like 'butt' and 'sexy',but overall I think it's quite funny and parents shoudn't switch their tv's off for this series.We swear by the light of the dragon's eye,to be loyal and honest and never say die,WASABI! <333