All member reviews for Kickin' It

So-so comedy offers tweens some worthwhile messages.

Adult Written bylc1967 November 22, 2011

Its a pass

The show does have some positive themes, particularly loyalty. But there's doesn't need to be so much innuendo. I was particularly upset when someone mentioned wet T-shirt contents being the best part of Spring Break. Of course, my pre-teen asked me what that was.
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2011

Karate Students Can Relate

Ok, so I'm the first one to post my review for "Kickin' It." It's a very funny show about teens who go to karate. My brother and I both love this show and it's kinda a coincidence that my brother and I started taking karate around the time the show premiered. I recommend this show to 5+ because it's kinda educational because they show people doing karate and the only posistive role model is Jack and there are positive messages.
Kid, 9 years old July 6, 2011

DISNEY IS INNOCENT!!! :)

:) I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Its funny! But, the launguge, isnt very great for little(er) ones. Ex. brat, butt, jerk,etc. But, for kids that can handle these words properly, this is the show for you!!!!!!!
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written bycrizeliz September 14, 2013

More characters with no redeeming value, courtesy of Disney.

More preteen rubbish from Disney. Like most of the programs of this genre, this program portrays absurd and unhealthy relationships between male and female characters. In the episode tonight the leading female was portrayed as a materialistic bimbo impressed by status and a free meal. The male character spoke down to her and referred to her as "woman". Reading my review does not convey the belittling tone. I changed the channel as my 7 year old was watching. I don't need my kids growing up believing that even in humor, men and women treat each other so disrespectfully. Children are easily influenced by the media and shows like this. It's time for my family to put a block on Disney Channel. We grew out of Disney Junior and found ourselves looking at a programming lineup of mind numbing sexist, bullying, awful, rubbish.
Educator and Parent Written byPointy-a-parent December 17, 2013

For skeptical parents, both with positive and negative points

Hi Families, It's me Pointy, that's my pen name. Here's my point review: 1) Why, if you should, let your kids watch this? Answer: It is a dumb TV show, but it is a good one. I made a list (which you could do if you're that skeptical) of which episodes were the dumbest and which weren't. It's one of those shows you let your child watch only every once in a while. And the reason why they should watch it. It test character and friendship. But kind of in a cheesy way. (I know my review sounds very unorganized.) 2) What language does it have? Nothing bad since it's for preteens. Mostly modern words like: Butt, jerk, freak, sexy and poser. I would never let my child use these words, but they are so spread out and faintly said that a preteen wouldn't notice them. let alone a ten-year-old. 3) What sexy stuff? Well the original review talks only about the first season, I have watched all three seasons. (Oh and a fourth is coming out). They sexy stuff is mild teen crushes and dating. I personally don't think you should date at age fifteen or sixteen, but that's only my preference. There are four kisses in the whole series. Kim kisses Milton accidentally, Kim kisses Milton to release a spirit, Jack and Kim almost kiss, and Jack and Kim are told to kiss for a movie, but end up not doing it. Jack and Kim start dating. All of these are mild, though with a critical eye as a parent I don't like the fact that there is any of this. 4) What violence does it have? Well none really, I just put that one up so parents would know this: Martial arts are used, but in a slap stick way. No body bleeds and no gore is in this. The characters always recover quickly. Now that I've told you all the negative things about Kickin' it, here's the good parts. Jack through the whole series is a great role model, all of them are, but mainly Jack and Kim. Anyways through the series his character is kind of downed, meaning he slowly is turning into a more funny character rather than a role model. Another good thing is each episode has a theme, usually one to two stories (it's usually two to three stories intertwined) tell about good friendship, loyalty, forgiving, peer pressure, set your goals high, seeing the real person, etc. though each episode has at least one story that is for comic relief, and even though a lot of the slap stick comic is dumb you still need to laugh people, so don't say the comedy it bad. Anyways. this is a good series, my favorite characters are Jack and Kim, I do not condone dating at a young age, but the two of them were made for each other and I like the fact that they talk about equality in one episode. So for smart parents who have the time. Watch the episodes and make a list of which are good, which are dumb and which are okay. I will promise you, the dumb section will be fuller than the good section, it's just the way it is. Oh and Disney channel, yes they are going down in morally good shows, but Kickin' it is pretty good. For more reviews like this one, just look for my name at the top or bottom on the review for a movie or book or TV show. ~Pointy, a parent
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 2, 2012

Kickin it

good karate show, unlike to be on disney xd.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilikepie367 August 4, 2014

So Bad

It's unrealistic, stupid, and teaches kids that violence is always the answer. Every show ends with a huge fight. Ever heard of talking it out? Plus, no teenager could ever actually beat up 50 ninjas like that, so it makes no sense.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2014

Boring

I love disney channel. I hate disney XD. Now on Saturdays they stupidly put Disney XD on Disney channel. So I would just watch it because it was like 8:00 at night and there wasn't rlly anything better on. Then Kickin it came on and I couldn't even understand it, there was this girl who apperently was crazy and tried 2 force guys into marrying people, then everyone else was trying 2 stop her or something by doing karate. I couldn't last 2 minutes without getting bored.
Parent of a 2 and 8 year old Written byAlamedaParent November 20, 2013

One of the least-awful Disney XD programs

Kickin' It is one (somewhat) bright spot in the otherwise vapid, awful Disney XD lineup. The show can be genuinely funny, the characters are warm and supportive (if a bit cartoonish at times), and the values of teamwork, perseverance, and even empathy are often woven into the storylines. And mercifully, the female lead for once isn't the Sassy Princess of Shoppingville. While she's obviously been cast by Disney's Next Big Thing Dept. (all the girl leads in the XD shows have exactly the same face, it's really remarkable), she acts, speaks, and dresses like a normal 12-year-old might. Moreover, she's also one of the martial artists, so she doesn't strand in the corner shrieking and applying mascara as the boys take care of the conflicts. She's assertive, she's confident, she's kind—she's as good a female role model as you'll find on this network. The show does have some violent martial arts content. The intensity of the martial arts can be a jarring contrast to the overall goofiness of the show, but it's well done. The conflicts usually occur within the context of a competition, and if not, they're usually in a brief, low-contact confrontation with a cartoonish foe. Plus, a few of the kids are exceptional martial artists, so the scenes can be quite entertaining. There's a warmth and positive wholesomeness to this show that's unique among the loud, crass XD offerings. While it does have the usual faults (the dumb jock and nerd stereotypes, some violence, the occasional inappropriate joke or double entendre), it can also be fun, funny, and enriching. It's worth watching.
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12 year old Written bycremepie998 September 2, 2012

Good Show

I like it. It is a karate show, so there is a tiny bit of violence but there is no bleeding or gory things. (Clicked on the violence button for picky moms & dads.) I let my kids watch it on TV and on Netflix and I've watched it too, there is nothing wrong with the show. It is clean and for kids 8 & up.
Parent Written byRoyalShark83 June 9, 2012

Pretty Good!

Ok, grown-up (I think) review. I got a lot of professional, and personal humor out of this show. Most of the stunts/martial arts on this show are pretty realistic looking as far as demo teams/competition goes. I would've given this 5 stars if the sensei wasn't so unprofessional/retarded sometimes, but tradition dies hard with me I suppose. Some of the language is a bit edgy, I don't think I'd let some of it be repeated by a smaller/younger child, (about 6) beyond that though, I watched the whole series! :p
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2011

Wouldn't recomend it

It does teach kids to like karate and to be active. Also teaches kids about good friendships but, it has language little kids shouldn't repeat. Like there was an epicode where a guy said his "sexy legs were a curce" so for older kids. A little violent too.
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2011

its ok

i kinda like it... i just think the main charecter is cute
Kid, 6 years old July 8, 2015

kickin it review

it's the coolest show on television! there's cool karate in it.
Parent Written byibsteingold July 5, 2015

liked it until I paid attention

Thought it was a cute show until I heard things like one of the male characters saying to himself "please don't scream like a girl" over and over also in another episode they were making fun of a group of boys that had on matching outfits calling them cheerleaders. I don't see it as a positive for my son or daughters to be watching a show where females are degraded because they aren't boys
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

good

It is really funny. But there is one character that is a little bit inappropriate because he talks about girls too much. There is one felafel guy who is from the Middle East and he's really funny because he's very un-culturally smart but that makes it racist.
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2014

I've Lost Interest

The show was good until the fourth season. Sure, the acting's getting better, but the characters are obviously changing. In my eyes, Jack's just some popular jock, Jerry's evolved into a third wheel, and Milton is getting boring. I think the only good thing about the show is Rudy. I really miss the older episodes. The one with THE WHOLE CAST in it. I don't know, it's just a disappointment now. It used to be rated almost FIVE stars, now it's at THREE. It WAS good.
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2014

Great Show

I Love This Show Only A couple of sexual Stuff like at the end of season 3 Jack and Kim Kiss and Milton and Kim kiss on accident once and there is some violence, but nothing gory language is not an issue Tweens and up
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2013

ok i guess...

Well, Kickin' It is a fun and entertaining show that has a moral at the end occasionally. There is a hidden relationship between characters Jack and Kim, although they usually never show it. There is mild violence, considering that the kids train in a dojo. There is a rivalry between Rudy and Ty, so there is some intensity when ever those two meet.
Teen, 17 years old Written byalex45454353423 September 29, 2013

GOOD BUT IM PISSED OFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like this TV show but they kicked off Eddie BECAUSE THEY THOUGHT HE WASN'T IMPORTANT BUT REALLY HE IS EVERYBODY MISSES HIM AND NOW THEY ARE KICKING OLIVA HOLT OF SO SHE CAN GO TO A DYSIENY CHANNEL SHOW SO ALEX CHRISTAIN JONES (EDDIE) AND OLIVA HOLT (KIM) SO BASICALLY ITS GOING TO BE OVER FOR KICKIN IT SO I AM DEMANDING THEM TO PUT ALEX CHRISTAIN JONES BACK AND NOT TAKE OF OLIVA HOLT BECAUSE THATS WHY I PUT ONLY 4 STARS AND ALSO THEY DIDNT EVEN MAKE A SPECIAL EPISODE WHEN HE LEAVES SO WHO EVER IS A PRODUCER IS A JERK AND I BET YOU THE WHOLE NATION IS MAD AT YOU.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!