All member reviews for King of the Hill

Teen, 15 years old Written byhypemiitrudog07 October 29, 2011

Advised for MATURE teenagers and older

King of the Hill is a show about a redneck named Hank and his family and neighbors. There are several characters with different back stories. Each character has something good about them, like standing up between right and wrong. There are several acts of violence (such as a boy accidentally walking into a lady's self defense class and learning to kick other people in their testicles) and threats that you might find inappropriate. There is also a chunk of sex (one kid sees a girl's rear end and when he accidentally leaks it to another kid, that kid attempts to look at the same rear end with the other kid attempting to stop him and they accidentally see another girl who accuses them of being 'peeping toms' and other near sexual encounters). On language, there are threats like "I'LL KICK YOUR *SS!" There is plenty of drugs (one guy always smokes and 4 men are usually seen drinking beer in the intro). Other than that, this show is appropriate for anyone who will not repeat or recreate anything that is done in this show
Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2011

Really Good

This show is pretty funny and I like it a lot . Sometimes minor words are sprinkled around like H , D and A . Every once in a while the B word will show up . Sometimes stories revolve around sex .
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2011

awesome show

this is a great show i watch it almost every day
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrexon July 31, 2010

Perfect for any age to try, and only for those who "get it", no matter what age.

I love this show, because I can relate to a lot of it because I live in Texas, and to the comment about the "steriotypical redneck", you need to watch the pilot again, this was a national show and the pilot makes fun of people from California. I admit I am a redneck, I am proud of it, I love this show and own all the seasons that are available. And once again, this depends on maturity, not age.
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat August 20, 2011

Extremely well written at times, but apparently misunderstood as to why by this clueless site.

It seems as if you're making this show out to have more sexual innuendo than it really does. In reality, innuendo is pretty rare here, and is only in a few episodes. It's also the sort of jokes that will completely pass over kids' heads. And Hank Hill is a VERY good role model. He curses when he's mad at people for good reasons, but otherwise tries to be the best person he can possibly be. Also, Luanne isn't bursting with hormones! If that were the case, she'd be dating a lot of different boyfriends all the time! Instead, she's just plain hyperactive. And even if you were right, this is, again the sort of stuff that completely passes over kids' heads. Also, I would compare this show to the Klasky-Csupo series. Like all of the Klasky-Csupo shows except for the extremely awful Rugrats, and, depending on whether or not you are prejudiced against science-fiction, AAHH!!! Real Monsters, this show is very down to earth, deals with realistic situations, shows a sense of morality, and makes you wonder why this show was animated in the first place. And yet, there some humor in the series, but it's the sort of humor that is rather mild in terms of hard-hittingness and doesn't get in the way of the episode's main plot. So, anyway, I believe that this show should be on Nick@Nite, not Adult Swim. It could possibly make up for them firing Klasky-Csupo for being realistic. And this show is truly a family show in every sense.
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2011

Ah this is great

I LOVE this show, I watch it every night, but there is some innuendo.
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2012

F U CSM

-_- Ages 2-6 Off Ages 7-9 Iffy Ages 10+ On
Teen, 13 years old Written bycouscous781 June 19, 2011

Good, Characters Iffy at Times

It is a great show! Hank is probably the best role model TV dad on television, Peggy is a bit too annoying, and everyone else needs some moral work, like Nancy, Dale's wife, has an affair with another character (John Redcorn). Overall good show!
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2011

Lost in MySpace...

The episode ''Lost in MySpace'' is rated TV-14-DLV. TV-14: Mature material suitable for ages 13, 14, and up. D: Strong flirtatious dialogue. L: Strong language. V: Intense violence. That was seen on the top left one time I saw it on Adult Swim. But on VegasTV, it's rated TV-PG-LV.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshowcritic2000 January 3, 2012

Cool show

On New Years Eve I stayed up late and saw this show on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim and it was funny! There was nothing inappropriate about this show I don't even know why it's rated PG or even on Adult Swim.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose December 31, 2011

old

To tell the truth I haven't watched this in a while. (Since I was 5 and 6 but I remember I liked it.

i laughed

This show is good, but there is a lot of cussing and sexual references. but me and my 9 year old brother watch it and my parents know so its ok for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 20, 2011

good cartoon so far, but every episode they drink outside and chat

and some characters are in peril in some episodes, but mild language included
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoe_P_Fischer April 28, 2011

On for 11 and up, off for younger.

The show was made by Mike Judge, the genius behind Beavis and Butt-head. But does it come close to anywhere as dirty? Think again. The show has mild language and some sexual things in it, but it's also very well nice as some of the messages are positive and the main characters do show respect for each other.
Kid, 8 years old January 21, 2011

best show ever!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2012

KING OF THE HILL: Adult Swim's family cartoon

KING OF THE HILL has the raunchy, the risque, the potty mouth, and the drug use to make for a common Adult Swim title--but it feels strange saying that it's arguably its most appropriate show. Instead of the profanity, violence, or sexuality levels of fellow shows like BLACK DYNAMITE or ATHF, KING OF THE HILL focuses more on the messages of family dysfunction, reliability, help, leadership, etc. And no matter how many times we see characters breathe smoke or ingest alcohol, KOTH is a rather family-fitting Adult Swim show. It seems almost like a Nickelodeon cartoon for the channel.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune February 28, 2011

King of the Good Shows

I'm not so sure that this show should've gotten what it deserved, saying that this is "iffy" for ages 13 and up. I honestly thought that when the first time I saw it, it really didn't have such and impact. It focuses more on the story than profanity, and this is probably the reason this is the first show aired on Adult Swim at night. It's weak in feeling. Although the characters are interesting and they don't focus so much on jokes as they focus on what is really important. You can be funny, but if you don't have a story, you can kiss your Academy award good-bye.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEricCarrRulez February 23, 2011

Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2013

good good

an ok show not one of my favorite adult shows like south park futerama american dad and childrens hospital but fine bad words sexual content beer good show jolly good show lol
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams January 6, 2015

This show is so good.

King of The Hill is an amazing adult cartoon. I love the animation, it's so funny, Hank and Dale's voices are so funny, and I love everything about King of the Hill.