Wickedly funny at times, but not for all tastes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byVolcanoTaco January 6, 2009

13+? Are you serious?????

This show is wickedly funny. Its just that little kids wont get it. The Hills- Hank(father), Peggy ( mother), Bobby (Son) and Luanne (Neice). This show has very minimal very dry language where the cursing is h---, Jack---, a--, and other much harmless language. One of my favorite episodes is where bobby learns self defense in a woemans class and takes revenge on all of his tormenters by kicking them "where the sun dont shine" and ends up kicking his dad there and when trying to kick his mom finds out that doesnt work with woeman. This show is incredible funny. I say any one ten and up can watch.
Kid, 7 years old September 5, 2016
Kid, 12 years old July 26, 2016

King of the hill opinion

Ok, so King of the hill is alright. It can blare out some bad words, not really bad tho. The characters, Hank, Bill, Jeff (Boomhower), And dale drink Beer, and smoke, and it also does reference Sex, yeah. Other than that, 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byPlate Boi May 29, 2016

A great show with funny characters, sophisticated humor, and sometimes nice messages. Okay if your child knows about sex

Where to start? Well, the humor is sophisticated and not too raunchy. And it's really great. Hey, it ran for 13 seasons! However, I gave it the 12 and up rating assuming your 12 year old knows about sex. Positive role models: Hank, the main character, seems to be a positive role model. Everyone else is stupid. Sex: Dale's wife, Nancy is secretly having sex with another man. And Boomhauer often has sex with many women he doesn't even know very well, he's not ANYTHING like Quagmire, though. Swearing: Damn, hell, boobs, ass, and rarely piss and bitch Drinking and smoking: Hank and his friends go and talk and drink beer in nearly every episode. They don't get drunk. Dale often always smokes a cigarette. The humor isn't stupid like Family Guy, King of the Hill didn't even need to be animated. I'd recommend it, however, if you have a child under 17, do NOT watch it on Adult Swim with the child present. The commercials on adult swim are very bizzare. Find a local station that airs it in syndication or buy the DVD.
Parent Written byGiancarlolracnaig April 23, 2016

Boring and Cringey

This show attempt to be a show about four normal kids, except that they are "professional" pranksters. They have their life at school and their life in pranking. Except there is one thing about the show. They fail on every aspect that they attempt to do. The pranks are obviously fake and scripted. They try to add a bit of humor and realism into it so that it can relate to their target audience which is tweens, but I only see that it would appeal to ages below five. They have to make it so that everything is so loud so that kids will pay attention because of kid's ever so shrinking attention span, it just becomes annoying. When they're not pranking, I think they're trying to attempt to make it sort of vlog-styled improvising thing, I think, to make it appeal to their 9-12 audience, but as you guessed, they totally fail at it. It's makes me cringe on a whole other level of cringe. The only plus I can give to the show is the elaborate and creative "pranks" that they do. But then again, the pranks are so fake and scripted, that I hope the actors are getting payed so much because, I mean, I feel so bad for them for having to go through all the pain and agony of shooting that show. I give it an overall zero stars, I would never recommend it to anyone that has a brain.
Adult Written byisaaclee October 25, 2015

Another good Classic

This show is pretty good similar to what I think about the simpsons. It is also one of the cartoons that my mother would let me watch.
Adult Written byclarence August 4, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewspaperGirl24 July 6, 2015

Dry Humor, but Not Bad

King of the Hill is about the life of Hank Hill, a conservative propane salesman and his adventures with friends and family in Arlen, Texas. There really isn't much, if any, violence or consumerism. The swearing is usually h*ll or a**, there may be other cuss words used but they are not prevalent in most episodes. The main character and his buddies drink beer in the alley in almost every episode, one of his other friends, Dale, smokes occasionally. As for sex, Hank's only son Bobby is in middle school with other young teenagers, so there will be alludes to sex. His niece, Luanne, who lives with the family, is promiscuous and later gets pregnant with her partner. His friend Dale's wife is in an extramarital affair with a Native American masseuse who is the biological father of the couple's son. Hank Hill is a do-gooder who believes in the great American Dream, some good lessons are learned, but other times the choices of others overshadows that.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 February 26, 2015

Funny but not for all kids.

This is a cartoon more for older kids, It has innuendo, language, drinking and smoking. It has some talks about relationships and sex. Sometimes there are breakups in relationships.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams January 6, 2015

This show is so good.

King of The Hill is an amazing adult cartoon. I love the animation, it's so funny, Hank and Dale's voices are so funny, and I love everything about King of the Hill.
Adult Written byMaria1 July 31, 2014

Really good

Parent of a 13 year old Written byIsabella-Marie June 11, 2014

Just a show

It's a good show the adults try to do the right thing. So do the kids and when ever something goes wrong it's always fixed.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byLuisionPinchLopans February 2, 2014

I think it's for 11 year olds and adults too

This show is a very good show it has very good messages at times but sometimes it can have swearing. But it is a good message to kids and adults sure there is drinking beers and other bad things. I think that kids could learn to make friends and have good times even when there could be trouble.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymopheadz2000 September 12, 2013

Great Show with Positive Lessons

King of the Hill is a great and funny show with good life lessons and positive messages. There are a few mild sex references and some mild language. Hank, Bill, Dale, and Boomhauer always drink, but never get drunk.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Mediocre for a FOX series. I've remembered it. Just look out for the sex, drugs, and language.

NOT for kids under 8. Like Regular Show, watch out for the language, sex, and drugs. However, in Regular Show, violence is present.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzombieslaya108 August 13, 2013

Not to vulgar

It's more like the same content as The Simpsons but not all characters have good role models, Peggy and Kahn could be the worst role model in the whole series. Violence: Some episodes have fist fighting but nothing graphic. PG There is one episode when a girl killed herself in the dumpster, no blood or gore, but its pretty disturbing. R And another violent episode, but not as violent or disturbing as high anxiety, when Hank accidentally chopped-off Dale's finger, little bloody but no gore, this one is played for Laughs. PG-13 Sex/Nudity: Some mild to moderate sexual references and partial nudity. In one episode, Hank had a dream when he and Nancy are grilling burgers nude. Nothing Graphic. Also later in the episode, Hank and Peggy are at the nude beech grilling burgers and THIS TIME IT'S NOT A DREAM. Nothing graphic is shown. PG-13 Profanity: Profanity is used throughout. Words such as h--l, d--n, a--, c--p, w--re, b--ch, b----rd, sl-t, and G-----mn. PG-13. There is no Strong Language. Alcohol/Drug use/Smoking: Almost every episode, Hank, Dale, Boomhauer, and Bill drink beer outside. PG In one episode, Hank accidentally smoked marijuana and throws up. PG-13 Suggested MPAA rating: PG-13 for Language Including Sexual references, Partial Nudity, Some Violence Including A Scene Of Suicide, Drinking and Drug Use.
Parent Written bygorillazss August 3, 2013

king of the hill is a good show but my moms bro hates it but it is so cool i think it is funny i also think khan he is not a trooper but funny i also think it is sexy and iffy

i think koth is good but dale gribble nude sexy crappy but good heart smoker though i love it also watch out parents koth may look good but not so much like you think it is cool but ciggarettes dale beer language
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2013

?

Its funny but its kid of bad for some 8 year old kids.It matters how mature you are.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillonaire July 5, 2013

Alright but not that good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHaxis27 April 5, 2013

Good realistic show with a moral

This is a great show has moral in it has realism not that spongbob crap Iv always hated I'm from Texas Hank is a good law butting citizen I think each charector has somthing that we have in them Hank the urge to do what's right Dale a fear of Government Bill a hunger and wanting food Boobhower Somtines we can't understand eachother there may be some times they drink a beer or smoke but like I said realism if a kid sees it in public what makes it so different at the house they see it they should know what it is or els they will never learn from this show I have learned to be honest and Hank is like my dad my dad likes this show I like my mom likes it so I say let's go to MovieStop and buy a few sesosn