All member reviews for Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Teen, 13 years old Written byqueendork3 May 5, 2009

I don't know why CommonSense!

Kirby is cute. Get used to it. This show is awesome. It got cancelled for no good reason! You guys dont know how to review. I've only seen the Japanese version, and let me tell you guys one thing: You have never seen such a good show as this one, or you just judged it by its cover. SHAME ON YOU!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHotaru Chan August 5, 2011

Lighten up.

What's up with the one star rating?! Crappy Disney Channel shows get high ratings but you give this horrible treatment to Kirby?! Why?! The messages are typical kid's show messages, and there are plenty of likeable characters. Obviously there's going to be fighting bad guys - it's Kirby. But I have a feeling whoever reviewed this didn't know anything about Kirby and expected something light and fluffy with no meaning at all... ¬_¬ It's very cute while being action packed at the same time. Although I must say, the English version isn't nearly as good as the original Japanese (I can't take Meta Knight seriously with a Spanish accent). So if you can, watch the original version. It's good, Kirby flavored fun. It is a little corny, but in a good way. It gets 4 stars: nearly perfect!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNocturnal April 9, 2008

Silly adults. You make me laugh.

Silly adults. You make me laugh. After reading various reviews, it's clear that you have obviously watched episodes in random order. Kirby is not like other cartoons, where you can just jump in anywhere and perfectly understand what's going on. Not only that, the english version isn't worth watching, I admit it. If you want a good show, watch the Japanese version (Which is the original, mind you). In the english version, personalities are screwed up, voices go from terrifying to squeaky (I mean look at eNeMy, or should I say Nightmare,as is his original name. By Sithis, his voice is gone from deep and scary to gay and rubbery!), certain scenes are taken out, it was basically butchered. So guess what? By A) Watching episodes in random order B) Telling lies about, I.E Disturbing monster appearences (How exactly is a snowman scary?) and finally C) Saying it's not appropriate for kids because it does things that nearly every other cartoon does (OMG TEY PUT DA MAIN CHARACTERS IN PERIL ZOMG AAAAAAAAAAH!), you have proven yourselves dumb, stupid, and idiotic. As the saying goes, think before you speak, or in this case type. And yes, I have thought this over quite well. You'll be suprised how hard it is to deal with stupid people and OMG I SAID STUPID! P.S: OMG VIOLENCE!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKirby Intellect April 9, 2008

No one takes Kirby the right way.

Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is a very underrated show. Mostly because the people who rate it have only watched one or two single episodes. I think this show is amazing and has great plot development if you watch it in order. 4kids did a pretty good job on it, considering other cartoons. I am thirteen years old; I do not lie. Kirby is a very adorable character which has an adventure per episode. Most of these adventures give you a little moral that is hidden in the episode; you have to know what they're doing. Such as jealousy gets you nowhere. There are also a few plot twists. Sure, monsters may be there in the cartoon, but come on; they're not the creepy crawlies that give you nightmares. No kid would have a nightmare, as Kirby defeats all of the monsters he opposes. And if your child is afraid, you can take advantage of this by teaching them that fiction is different from reality. There are even some episodes telling you junk foods aren't good for you! Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is a GREAT show. Don't even think about scary voices and no plot advancement at all. There's always the jokes that adults catch on, too. My dad cracks up at some of the puns made in the dubbed cartoon. Kirby: Right Back at Ya! is exactly as the creators wanted it. For kids, and adults. Thank you for reading this review. I may not be an adult, but I swear, children absolutely CANNOT be afraid of the fun and enjoyable adventures of Kirby and friends. I started watching the show at nine years old and have never faltered from it at all. The horrible review here scared me out of my wits as Kirby is not a bad show at all! Macey McCormick
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T February 5, 2015

Kirby TV show is OK, but not great.

This series is OK. There ARE a few scary parts, like when a mysterious monster devours a herd of sheep in the first episode's opening act. Otherwise it's fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjujubii February 1, 2015

If you are a Kirby fan, you'll be extremely disappointed in what this show has to offer.

I don't know what the show's intention was, but it definitely doesn't scream out Kirby. The plot makes little to no sense and if you don't keep up with the episodes, then the plot will be even more confusing. The new characters are annoying and usually not helpful, the voice acting is horrendous, the humor is dry, and the action is predictable. Kirby is just cute to hide the fact that this show is terrible. The Japanese version is way less cheesy and is actually interesting to watch with acceptable voice acting and some funny quirks, but it's not like the plot changed.
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2014

Looks... Like your average Tv show about a gaming character.

Meh, ive seen Snippits, and it looks like it wouldnt be good, so i dont think you should bother...
Teen, 14 years old Written byWWEWRESTLINGFAN103 January 23, 2014

Kirby Right Back at Ya is a great show from my childhood

Kirby Right Back at Ya is 1 of my favorite show when I was a Kid it was always fun and interesting to watch, it was based on the Nintendo's Kirby Video Game franchise, Sonic The Hedgehog has lots of great video games and tv shows and Mario has lots of cool video games and tv shows however I was annoyed when this show got cancelled by Nintendo but its still a great show to watch, My favorite character in the show is Kirby because in Super smash Bros brawl he eats characters like Link from Legend of Zelda , Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Wario and many more then he spits out the character and turn into that character and the score Im giving Kirby Right Back at Ya is 100/100 I wish Nintendo brought this show back and make more episodes
Teen, 13 years old Written bysonicdudeturbo35 August 2, 2013

Kirby:Right Back At Ya! Review

Teen, 15 years old Written byHylianHobbit April 9, 2013

Only one star? Really?

I have no idea why this show got such a bad rating! It's great! I am a big fan of the Kirby series, and to have a quality TV series to go alongside the games is brilliant! The storylines can be funny, crazy, dramatic and serious all in one! It has interesting characters and it's nice to get a bit of character development on cirtain people from the games (ie, Meta Knight, King DeDeDe). That said, there is some very slight violence, and the English Voice-Acting is really quite bad. If you're a good reader, I recomend watching the original Japanese episodes, 'Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby of the Stars)', with English subtitles. The voices sound a lot nicer and their lips move intime with what they're saying. Plus, the themesong is adorable in Japanese!
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2012

Kirby: Right Back at Ya was canceled for no stupid reason.

Epic! I thought waffles where epic but this is even better that waffles! I HATE FOXBOX AND 4KIDS! They discontinued the show just because it wasn't "popular", and look now! He's everywhere! They should of re-released it on Cartoon Network or something! Bot sometimes you can find replays or dvds on Amazon or EBAY. And rarely you can see the Kirby: Fright to the Finish movie $1 replay. It's rated Y7 and I understand because of some violence and shut ups, stupids, and idiots. There are a few toys in the show that your kids might want, that don't really exist in real life. The movie is rated G but does have violence, exploding, and stupids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetakitty June 10, 2012

THE MOST AWESOME SHOW EVER MADE!!!!!!!

You can't just watch like kirby episode Curio's Curious Discovery Fossil Fools - Part I/2 and eNeMeE Elementary and get the WHOLE series! just like episode 56 39 then 27 you HAVE to watch them in order! such as episode 1,2,3 you people just look at it SOOO wrong LIE'S LIE'S LIIE'S! HA it's not like a 4 year old is just going to randomly watch this show! you people need to focus on teens,tweens, not JUST BABY'S such as 2 3 4 and 5! Meta knight, Kirby , Tiff , rick and escargoon are AWESOME i'm only 11 and i'm in LOVE IT so does my 10 year old sister ADORES IT! And what's wrong with the Monsters, exploding, and just a LITTLE dark voices? ( witch is barly dark) and WHAT do you mean by (pure, empty fluff) HUH?!!? This is a show that tewns, teens, and even adults would love. Episodes like Kirby's Pet Peeve and Hour of the WolfWrath made me cry. and lots more. episodes like Something to Sneeze At and A Half-Baked Battle made me laugh! and lots more to! This is SOO not a ahem... 1 star rating? id'e say.. 5 out of 5. Who wan't to wacth show with NO funny parts no sad parts and some scary parts? like johnny test, and annoying orange? there the worst shows ever made. Kirby it's 1 of a kind and you will never ever find a show like this one again. kirby is the most well-built show that i could ever think of i'm sure littler kids can handle it.
Kid, 12 years old December 1, 2011

A great tv show

Kid, 11 years old May 11, 2011

_____________________________________________________________________

I really don't understand why you didn't give it more stars, I mean really, hardly any of the characters *actually* appear in the games, and just about any of the ones that do are on a different side, so knowing the games make this even more confusing, and it seems you have confused a classic narrative mindscrew-making plot device for consumerism. The name of that plot device is; Widget, coming from the way most people pronounce an acronym found on the internet (a lot of important narrative devices went unnamed until TV Tropes) WJT, meaning Weird Japanese Thing. So Yup, this is a big Widget series. Tiff is a great role model, so this would be a great show to watch, if you can find it, because finding an episode intact is something Hera might force a Modern-Day Heracles/Hercules to do.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2011

I LOVED Kirby when I was 9 and when I was 10. There are some monsters like Bellybuster (A giant pie that attacks u), Blocky (A giant block monster), and Max Flexer (An evil fitness trainer). The "Fitness Freak" episode got on my Mom's nerves because the excerzing song was annoying. Also, when Kirby sings at the end I was "Holy crap, that dude is a bad singer!:". The creatures aren't scary at all, heck, I actually liked them cuz I have always been interested in the fantastical from Neopets to Pokemon to L&S Experiments, so the show is perfect for me! If u let yer kid watch shows like "MAD" and "AAAHH Real Monsters" this show is definently appropriate for them. It is a lot less violent than popular kids show like "Invader ZIM" (Which by the way, I LOVE Gir), so it is very good, :).
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2010

This is a very good anime and it is as epic like others such as Soul Eater and Naruto. A great story means so many viewers. Critics just looked at it in a wrong way.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 11, 2010

One of the best Nintendo's TV series ever!

Plenty of fantasy violence, but it was also based on the video game series.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010

Kirby is cute AND substantial!

CSM, I think you reviewed it wrong. Even though it gets a little violent, it's normal for animes. Also, it isn't the show's fault that there are commercials all the time. Lastly, Kirby's done many good things like help the environment. Though, I do like the Japanese version better.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2010

Watch the japanese version. SERIOUSLY. I DONT FREAKIN CARE IF ITS IN FREAKIN JAPANESE. ITS BETTER THAN THE VOICES IN THIS. Ya know, it took them 6 years to air all 100 episodes -_- ' But they got to episode 7 last summer (They started airing again) And then Toei Animations (Original creators) Told them to stop. If you watch, you'll see why. :D 3 year old neighbor watched it since he was two, and he loves it because he can't read yet and he's seen Avatar, and many other PG-13 movies. Same for his brother, who is 6. He doesn't get that much time on the computer, and can't go on youtube, so he enjoys watching the "Cappy New Year" DVD. They kept kirby's voice :D POYO, POYO!
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2010

i love it can be very voielnt pretty perlious situations but entertaning