All member reviews for Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness

Martial arts adventures have positive messages for kids.

Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2012

Made my little brother meaner

My brother is five years old. I am ten. This show somwhat hypnotised him, and taught him that trying to kill your brother is A-Ok. I think this show encourages violence. Do not watch if you have kids under seven.
Parent Written bygiaza August 24, 2013

Not appropriate for kids under 10 anymore!

There are putting in a lot more sexual themes that I do not deem appropriate for a children's show. If this were on teen nick it wouldn't matter much, but since they market it as family friendly they should warn about episodes containing scenes like kissing. Like in Secret Admirer there was a slobbery kiss. This kiss was shown in slow motion. This girl from the looks is 8 or 9 but acts like a very crazy woman! She even barks and pants at Po! Not appropriate for kids anymore!
Adult Written byGdown94 May 4, 2012

Alright, but they minced that characters.

It's alright. The plot of each episode generally carries a positive message, although I have found some to have subtle undercurrents of negative traits, such as acting on your first impulse or disregarding other's feelings. As for the main character, Po, I think they really minced his character in this series. I know it is just a cartoon, but he acts drastically different. In the movie, he was kind, caring, funny, and brave, a character one could describe as having a "heart of gold". However, he had his imperfections, providing children with a positive role model that isn't perfect, such that children don't feel that such a way of life (aside from the kung fu... I mean acting) is not possible. In the cartoon, however, Po is a bit mean, and tends to disregard the feelings of others. In all, he has gone from being a dynamic, positive character to a negative, cardboard character. For that matter, nearly all of the characters have become static and simple.
Written byAnonymous February 6, 2012

Dissapointing

I was so excited for this show, and I really wanted Nickelodeon to redeem themselves for what happened with Penguins of Madagascar. Unfortunately, they fell into the same traps as before. The characters have been changed slightly to make the show run smoother, but I think they went a little overboard with that. The plots are repetitive and the villains just don't seem to know when enough is enough. The movies were way better, and I'm not sure why they thought a TV show would be a good thing. China itself has lost its majestic appearance that it had in the movies. The kung fu parts could have been more thought out, but the animators stuck with letting Po win really easily every time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBieberFreakinFever December 21, 2011

movie wanna be

i'm sick of nick's shows that constantly try to imatate good movies, because honestly, there only wanna bee's and this show stinks!
Adult Written byJimHawkinsfan April 7, 2015

Great Lessons, Great Fun

This show is fun, educational, and has postive messages about not acting inviolence, respecting the elderly, and honsety, and not cheating,,nd hard work, secound chances, and many more. Family is a common theme, the kungg fu fighting is short and they never kill anyone, just send them to jail. A few episodes have breif G-rated bathroom talk, ( Like in "A Sight for Sore Eyes" Po without thinking Chao and Junjie that he is so excited he could pee. To every one's embarishment)
Teen, 16 years old Written byAddictedtoComputers July 14, 2013

One of the best Nicktoons.

This show is amazing. The CGI is solid, the characters are very cool, and I really love everything about it. I love this show. Give it a chance.
Kid, 11 years old April 14, 2013

Boring

Boring
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2013

Good show: just make sure they don't imitate Po

When the first movie came out ( i was around 6 or so) I looked up to Po for following his dreams, even though it seemed impossible to each them. I have the first movie on DVD. It included how to do (some) Kung Fu. I wanted to imitate Po's Kung Fu. KungFu (if you watch the show) can HURT people. If you don't allow violence in your house, like AT ALL, not a good idea. But it does teach some good lessons. Watch out for violence and make sure your kids don't imitate the Dragon Warrior.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 12, 2012

HERE ARE THE LEGENDS OF THE KUNG FU PANDA!

It's just a good as POM! Nice animation,ultra-catchy theme song,great adventure,ect.In fact,I was blown away by this show even BEFORE it premired! Because after I watched the premiere of the SB episode "Ghoul Fools",they showed an episode called "The Princess and The Po".I watched that episode,and it was SO GREAT!
Adult Written bymoviemaker201 August 6, 2012

Great for the Young Ones, But...

It's cute, but a bit of a disappointment. Little ones will like it, but older ones (past the age of 9) will start to find it (and I quote from my middle school friends) "lame, a fail, I wish it weren't made, a disgrace, etc." If you expected it to be as good as the movies, I hate to disappoint you. Mild martial arts action is in the episodes, but villains are goofy, and Po isn't so scary either. All the other categories are Disney clean. NO educational value whatsoever. Each episode has a message. Po is a good martial artist, and uses his kung-fu to help others.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylivi727 July 9, 2012

Funny show!

Funny show
Adult Written byJEDI micah April 22, 2012

THE STORY CONTINUES!!!

When I saw the commercial for this, I was thinking that Nickelodeon and DreamWorks have gone too far. But when I started watching it, I kinda changed my mind! Once in a while, it's actually pretty entertaining! It may not be as cool as the Kung Fu Panda movies, but it's better than The Penguins of Madagascar! It is on the violent side, but hey! There's a reason why the word "kung fu" is in the title! Anyway, if you love the movies, then you would definitely like the show!
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2012

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 February 21, 2012

awesomeness

I watch it all the time I love it
Parent Written byhelper + February 9, 2012

good

Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2012

tommy's family friendly review

violence is the only thing and there is almost none
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2012

A for Awesome!

This, is, a REALLY good show to make kids think positive. Even I have learned a lot from this video, with zany jokes, positive messages and more. I love it as much as the movie, even the graphics are excelled. Personally the only thing that actually upsets me are the voice actors, sometimes they don't really sound like the characters in the movies. I truly recommend this show to much younger kids, because (personally) this show doesn't have as much intense violence or evil characters like the movie, that might affect your kids' behaviors...
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2012

Recommended kids show ^_^

I have watched this show a few and I like it, I think most episodes have good morals like the episode where Po and the Furious-5 defeat that one warthog and he goes to jail and Po,Shi-fu,Tigres,Crane,Monkey,Mantis and viper (I think) take care of him and when the warthog [dad] breaks out of jail he promises to do more fatherly stuff with his son :D
Teen, 14 years old Written bySandra Snowleopard December 28, 2011

I laugh until there are tears in my eyes it's so hilarious, and I get this epic feeling whenever hearing the theme song! I totally recommend it! Ah, doesn't "Kung Fu Panda" feel sweet like chocolate cake when rolling those words off your tongue?