All member reviews for Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Inside the mind of killers; not for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 17, 2010

"Iffy for 15-18"... WHAT?!

..."Iffy for ages 15-18"... Give me a BREAK. I'd love to know who's reviewing this. It's probably some extremely protective parent who has their kids living in a bubble. This show's amazing, ALL of the Law and Orders are awesome! Please, seeing the "Iffy for ages 15-18" just makes me furious. Wow... just... just wow.... Maybe they're considering those who can't handle situations like they're discussing. (Which just baffles me.) Fine for 12+. That review's still making me angry. Please, iffy for 15-18....
Adult Written byUltimateMom April 9, 2008

A Thrilling Interesting Show But May Be Too Scary For Younger Kids

My parents and I watch this show a lot and we love it! It is a thrilling, interesting show and has you guessing who committed the crime too. I find it more intesting than regular Law and Order and more appropriate than SVU. I have to say though that when I was younger (7-8) I was terrified of watching this show. I was afriad that these crimes where going to happen to me (but I was a scardy cat). I think that this show is great for families that have kids 9+ because younger kids might not only get easily scared by the show, but might not get the show.
Adult Written bysoymissk8 April 9, 2008

Now that it's on USA...

It's getting bolder. Be aware!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMONIQUEsomone April 9, 2008

I LOVE THIS SHOW

THIS IS THE GREATEST SHOW EVER I LOVE IT ALWAYS AND I DONT HAVE ANY CHILDREN B/C IM ONLY 14 SO WHAT DO U EXPECT I WATCH IT EVERY CHANCE I GET B/C OF ITS AWESOMENESS
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE June 13, 2010

A good show, but not for most kids!

I watched this show a lot growing up because my parents were avid Law & Order watchers and, well, they would never let me turn the channel when it came on. I enjoyed the mystery aspect of the show but I remember there were a lot of disturbing images that gave me the creeps. Because not only do you see dead bodies but sometimes they show murders taking place, as I recall. So yeah... little kids shouldn't be seeing this show, because it's very violent and can be quite scary.
Adult Written byJoe B. April 9, 2008

Really, Really BAD

My wife & I have been avid fans, but the story line tonight sucks! Please find someone with a little originality to write for the show. Pretty bad when one knows instantly where the idea for the show originates. Time to switch channels & now we khow why this is considered for cancellation or is this a way to help flush a once really good show down the toilet?
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 17, 2012

Criminal Intent is only for mature 11 and 12 year olds. Otherwise 13 and up.

Criminal Intent is the second most mature Law and Order show in the franchise. If you have truly mature 11 and 12 year olds then this one isn't that bad.
Adult Written byIlovekrill February 23, 2012

Often Dark, But Worth Watching For Robert Goren Alone.

This is one of the finest detective dramas on TV; it focuses on the crimes and motivations of the killers behind each episode's murders. The opening scene generally features the preamble to, and often depiction of, the actual murder (unlike the original Law & Order, which commences with the victim's body being discovered); this can make for a very intense and unsettling experience for the less mature viewer. A lot of the violence is implied rather than explicit, but nonetheless the show's production values lend it a very deep psychological element that, once again, may be more than a younger viewer may find comfortable. I think that smart teens will have little difficulty with this show, providing suitable adult input and feedback is available. As with all L&O series, there is a strong ensemble cast who provide the lynchpin to the formula and I believe that these central characters provide a generally positive social and moral element that most young viewers can either identify with or aspire towards. Most positively, the killers are (almost) always trapped and revealed by the detectives - sending a strong message of right vs wrong - and Det. Robert Goren's character specializes in psychologically undermining the criminal. The result of this is to demonstrate the power of intelligent, disciplined thought and observation; character strengths which all of us can benefit greatly from in life. Det. Alex Eames counters this with warmth, humanity and a strong sense of justice. Despite the dark territory that this show frequently enters, I would recommend this show for teens as an excellent example of a very strong central character portrayed by a gifted actor in Vincent D'onofrio's Detective Robert Goren, who is easily the most compelling character in any TV drama of recent years - he is fiercely intelligent, driven and intense, yet can also be disarmingly playful in his various strategies to get under the criminal's skin. He absolutely makes this show! A hugely rewarding experience for the more grown-up teenage viewer or adult!
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 8, 2014

Law & Order: AY MAYRA.

AY, MAYRA. This is one of the best crime dramas I will ever see in my ENTIRE LIFE. I love this and Mixology right around the same. It kind of digs deep into the minds of killers, but that's okay, at least for 14 year olds. (Oh, the "AY, MAYRA" business is from my nun friend, Sr. Alejandra.)
Kid, 12 years old December 12, 2012

Why so overprotective?

Yes, there's drugs, sex, drinking and most importantly murder, but hey, I started watching this when I was 11 and it was nothing too harsh and I loved Goren & Eames. Goren shows you that you can be strong and pursue your dreams even when you've been torn down before. Eames shows you that it's fine being single and it isn't so terrible. It just gives you a better sense as to what is in this world. Not everyone is a nice person and people you trust might, well, kill you. I think that the way the actors portray these detectives is amazing and I give everyone except Goldblum a high five at doing an awesome job at working on this show and giving me something to do when I got home from school.