All member reviews for Law & Order

Dead bodies + courtroom drama = mature teens only.

Teen, 15 years old Written bycharlie1234 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byBub Bidderskins October 3, 2009

Good Show, Kids Won't Get It

Law and Order has a special place in my heart as being the "other" show on NBC. If it's prime time and you don't know what's coming on, guess Law and Order (or one of its affiliates). You'll be right 2/3 times. That asside, it's actually a pretty good show. The plot is always crazy, and you have to pay attention or you'll lose it. Becase of this, I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone under 12, just because they wouldn't be able to understand it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylawandorder_chick07 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 7, 2013

Pretty good show if you ask me.

Kid, 12 years old June 26, 2013

I know a conservative family that watches this together

I know a conservative family that watches this together that thinks that most PG-13 movies aren't okay for their 12-year old. This show does really well at portraying the crime, and a lot involve drugs which I am really interested in, and paint a realistic picture of what crime is like. Great show, but watch with the family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThinker47 June 17, 2013

Amazing show

I have watched this since I was eight and it is amazing. The best crime drama ever. There are dead bodies and swearing, but nothing a mature tween couldn't handle. This show does teach kids about the legal system, and the court of law. It also promotes the police.
Parent Written byMr. Mario August 17, 2012

The original Law and Order is meant for 11 and up.

Not that bad
Teen, 16 years old Written bynajjahanderson April 27, 2012

The run down

This isn't the best show for young kids but it is a great show that explains what your job could be like as a cop.It explains what type of people do certain things that against the law .
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2011

Awesome show!!!! (with some educational value)

Law and Order is a really great show. I watch it with my mom, and I find it to be awesome!!! It teaches you about how law basically works, so if you want to be a lawyer, it's perfect for you!
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

Ok... let me explain my ratings

OK... it was better with Jerry Orbach as Detective Briscoe, but whatever. It's a fabulous show with good plots and climaxes, but lots of blood with the bodies, lots of guns, and sometimes the cops get rough with a suspect. And also, there is an underlying sexual act. (Nothing explicit, though.) The premise is good; people do bad things and they get punished. (Not always, though.) Good for older kids; younger kids may not understand the plot or the blood for effect.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynotaloser123 April 9, 2008

It's okay for older teens, some mature tweens

It is a great show!!! If you like Csi, cold case, criminal minds, then you would like this. Although, Svu is innapropriate