All member reviews for LazyTown

Anything but lazy -- it's exhausting! OK for kids.

Age

Teen, 15 years old Written bykatcar12 March 14, 2012

Waste of your kid's time

Catchy theme song. One of the kids acts really selfish and spoiled. If your child is a "copycat" you don't want them watching this. The villain may be scary to young kids. The only good thing about the show is it promotes exercising. But honestly, have your kids watch educational shows like Sesame Street, Arthur, Curious George, and Berenstein Bears. This show is garbage.
Adult Written bytrajedy April 9, 2008
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 6, 2009

why did they call it lazy town???????

why do they call this show lazy town? i will never know! there is everything but lazyness in this show it has so much running around and playing and so many good messages to toddelers too! i of course am to old for this show and dont think about it but 2 year olds it might be iffy for with it's very very very very very brief vilonce. but 3 and up is an ON. but kids ages 6 and up will probably not like the show.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byfaroffstar April 2, 2010

Annoying

I honestly can't stand this show. My son tunes out when it comes on and I usually change the channel. While I like the emphasis on healthy eating and being active, I find the puppets kind of creepy looking and the acting of the actors obnoxious. The songs are cute, but just wait until your kid starts acting like Stingy. Bad role model.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byjana04 June 27, 2009

We love this show.. I only wish that it had taken off in America like it has everywhere else. I somewhat agree that it is exhausting for Adults to watch but that is not what is geared toward. My son is 6 now and has been a fan since he was 3yrs old. I just hope what little we get to see of it here in the USA. doesn't leave us as well.
Parent of a 8 and 8 year old Written byDad4life March 11, 2009

LazyTown not bad to watch

As a concerned parent I monitor what my children view on television. The show LazyTown is an interesting show but it unfortunately does not have the "get them active affect" on my four year old son. He is a very active, intelligent boy but when watching LazyTown in the morning I notice that he loses interest then asks when "GO Diego GO" (spin off from Dora the explorer) will be on. I belive that since the show is so fast paced and all of the cuts to the jumping and sport stunts by the show's hero "Sporticus" played by former 1992 Icelandic Aerobic Gymnastic Champion Magnus Sheving maybe to busy for a young mind to take in that would be dependant on your child. However the only other two human characters, "Stephanie" played by Julianna Rose Mauriello and "Robbie Rotten" the shows villian played by Stefan Karl Stefannson are fun to watch. Robbie Rotten is the bumbling comedic villian crying out for attention by trying to spoil the people of LazyTown's fun. Stephanie and the other town folk (all of who are puppets) with the help of Sporticus stop his attempts and along the way learn valueable lessons in things like teamwork, friendship, sharing etc. Music is a big part of the show, Stephanie's great voice and the other characters always seem to make time to stop and entertain us with new and original songs. In short if your looking for an innocent program for your kids that will entertain and teach values then LazyTown might be for your child, but don't be surprised if your child doesn't get up and tries to do backflips like the Main Character. - Always remember that learning life values always start with Mom and Dad.
Adult Written byxMadxScientistx February 19, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byZoldor April 9, 2008

Love It

I absolutely love this show, even if I'm not in it's projected audience. It has wonderful music, and manages to entertain people with an IQ of more than 3, which is better than most TV shows these days. Basically, I give this show an A++++.
Parent Written byEmily19 November 9, 2014

Lazytown makes me sick

I don't think I can fully express how much I hate this show but I will try. Actually my distaste for it made me sit down and take the time to become a member on this website JUST so I could review this trash. First of all, I love Sprout and appreciate their other programs and what they offer but Lazytown is totally off the wall. The rubber puppets are beyond creepy and that sickening character that lives underground- don't even get me started- the fake rubber facial features and the way he acts- he has to be a sick individual. I'd like to meet him so I could gouge his eyes out. His gestures and everything about him - disgusting. I understand the villain dynamic but he is truly gross. Whoever plays him is sick. The dolls look like they belong in a twisted horror flick with their lifeless eyes, and the girls in the wigs singing songs that remind me of those weird really bad Japanese music videos- and the girl in the blue wig, are her teeth real or is that like one of those pageant "grills" they put in some girls mouths? Ugh, WHY SPROUT WHY??
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd October 26, 2013

anything but lazy

The show is ok,it's meant for the kids but I watch the show once in a while occasionally but with the combination of very fast paced jump cuts,bright colors and characters moving all over the place without a break can get a bit tiring to watch at times
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2012

I still get nightmares from it

creepy
Teen, 16 years old Written byPITLadyPalutena99 July 31, 2012

pause for older girls.

In the earlier episodes you could see stephanie's underwear and her dress is too short.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 5, 2009

No more!

This show is about a girl who dances with friends! The villain is a loser. He can't do anything. Don't watch this!
Adult Written byKerriellin April 9, 2008
Adult Written bydawn31400 April 9, 2008

HELP PLEASE!

My 4 yr old screams to turn this show off when it comes on. She hates it. I think it isn't great and I don't like the inappropriate outfits the little girl wears.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 11, 2014

It Has ALOT Of Flaws But Is Strangely Nostalgic

This show has some of the dullest and dumbest characters I've seen in a LONG time. Pretty much all of them are restricted tight to stereotypes such as the trickster, the snotty rich boy, the candy addict, the hyper tech nerd, I can go on all day. And the villain is pretty darn stupid, even by preschool television standards. I mean, he doesn't seem to have a really good reason why he sticks around in Lazy Town trying to prevent Sportacus from making the town lively again and he gets away with SO many slipups during his missions (Not even Sportacus realizes that it was obviously Robbie doing all the wrong doings until the end, the only person that actually gets suspicious is the Candy Addict which is rather sad.) It's also rather creepy how 85% of the characters are weirdly made puppets and you can't see their legs half of the time and the musical numbers, oh gosh you do not want them playing in the car 24/7, they are just painful to listen to. However, I often get a nostalgic feel every time my sister watches them again, I know it's weird, since I know how much of a trashy show this is but just by watching Stephanie and the puppets experiencing the simple days of being a kid, it reminds me of how fortunate they are to have a live that has no limits, a life where it's just about playing baseball, being a scout, baking cakes and having fun with Sportacus. There isn't much to be concerned about besides some very mild violence, some pretty bad role models (I'm looking at you Stingy) and they probably should have gotten a "Do Not Try This At Home" sign due to Sportacus's ridiculous stunts. Overall, while I wouldn't recommend this show to anyone over 10, it's one of those shows that it's so bad, it's actually decent.
Parent Written byVankorgan November 9, 2012

Lazytown shows the benefits of diet and exercise in a fun and uniquely stylized way.

A great way to show kids that being active and eating well can be fun and worthwhile. Just as importantly though, this show is actually, incredibly well made. The set pieces and costumes are tremendous and the creativity of the creators makes it a joy to watch. I realize this site is mainly to describe the shows for their educational and moral value, but I think that it is equally important to not show our kids things that lack any sort of creativity. The imaginative and exciting world of Lazytown will not only enforce the idea of diet and exercise but do so with style.
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2011

When I was little the bad guy used to give me nightmares, other than that it was fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkMidnight January 31, 2011

Would you believe me when I say some songs are...good?

It's a decent show, weird, yes. But I can tolerate it. Though the puppet people irritate me, the show isn't meant for me, it's meant for 'little' kids.. just let them watch and see what they think.