All parent member reviews for LEGO Ninjago: The Series

Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

Lego Ninjago

This is the best! Rated 6+! By watching this awsome lego series, your child would pick up the ability of concentration, patience, and teamwork.
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Have You Reached Your True Potential?

Our kids 5 and 3 both watch it, though the 3 year old probably shouldn't. The only issue I have with it is the violence, and it's fairly mild of the cartoon style. There are some battles between characters and the bad guys - the odd punch or kick. The language is okay ... I think there's the odd 'hate', but not too bad. It's definitely not in the Backyardigans genre. And yes, there's a definite tie-in to the Lego merchandise, but our kids love all Lego, so that doesn't bother me too much. It depends on what your kids are used to, but I would put the age range around 5/6 for this.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykorol March 13, 2016

Well made, but I have concerns.

It is a well made and exciting show which my son and his friends really enjoy. However, I am concerned about the following issues: 1. Simplifying of characters to "Good" and "Evil". This goes against us teaching children that people are not inherently good or evil, but make good or bad choices influenced by their circumstances. 2. Violence is the solution to everything. I know, I know, they are ninja and that is the point, but it would be nice if there was some message about violence being a last resort in extreme circumstances. In one episode they even say that it's boring when it's peaceful. 3. Sexism. There is a good female character, who occasionally sends some good messages about girls fighting as well as the boys do, but this is outweighed by the number of comments such as "You need a little girl to defend you?", and "You fight like a girl!" (disparagingly), and too many scenes where the female characters are shown only in distress to be rescued by the male characters. 4. Lack of diversity. Only white American and Japanese characters are represented. It would have been easy to include other races and ethnicities, so why not? Shows that children watch obsessively help form their view on the world, and all these points are working against what we try to teach.
Parent Written by19cer67 July 6, 2015

Awesome!!!

My son thinks that it is action pack, and it cool to watch something that does NOT have blood and gore.
Adult Written byidac July 3, 2015

Boring

Its just boring.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy October 16, 2012

As a die-hard Ninjago fan,I LOVE THIS SHOW!!

I recently stumbled across this show,and i'm addicted! Great animation and tons of fun! My favorite episode is when the Green Ninja's mom sees him again.
Adult Written byLuka Keats 100 March 7, 2016

THIS TV SHOW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why was this TV Show made??????????? This TV Show sucks!!!!!! It's so boring and not even entertaining!!!!!
Educator and Parent of a 2, 4, and 8 year old Written bydalwoman April 11, 2014

My kids LOVE Legos

Since all my kids love Legos, of course they wanted to watch this series. We started watching it on Netflix with the two mini-movies that set up the series and within three days my kids finished 2 seasons of this show (it was three very rainy cold days!) But I believe that they learned a little bit about good vs evil and the importance of teamwork. I would definitely recommend this show for any families with kids that love Legos!
Parent of a 3 and 9 year old Written byPJ Hammer November 3, 2013

Good for kids 6+

There are"battles" but little obvious combat. My 5 year old son loves it. My older daughter tolerates it but prefers something more mature
Parent Written byLadyCritique February 20, 2016

In more recent episodes

Recently, my daughter was watching this show the computer and I saw a character in what appeared to be incredible pain. While this is okay for my daughter, younger children shouldn't be watching something like this.
Adult Written byOliver Hudston December 17, 2015

One of the best

This is an amazing series that should NOT be judged on just because it is made by Lego. The voice acting is spot on and the character's back stories are fantastic. As an older person my self , I have noticed while watching this series 1 or 2 harmless "Adult Jokes" have been made, thus this can also entertain the more older children. It teaches good life lessons such as dealing with problems or issues today instead of leaving them to progress and worsen, teamwork , leadership skills and respect. I recommend this series greatly - especially the first few seasons.
Parent Written byBradMan July 20, 2014

Great!!!

This show is GREAT for kids!! teamwork and good messages are involved. There is some cartoon violence and a few menacing creatures but everything in good and appropriate fun.