All member reviews for LEGO Ninjago: The Series

Fun and action-packed ... for an extended toy commercial.

Teen, 17 years old Written byGresh854 March 13, 2013

Best Kids Show Ever

I'm a teen and I love this series. This series is one of the best kids shows I have ever seen. The shows plot and story is great. The show has the main ingredients: Action, Humor, Heart, and Soul. A lot of kids and some adults would love this show because it is funny and action-packed. The show does contain some violence and some jokes that are not so kid-friendly but young kids wouldn't understand. Overall this show is incredible and is amazing. Rating: 9.8
Adult Written bybaba 1 May 13, 2012

Lego Ninjago

This is the best! Rated 6+! By watching this awsome lego series, your child would pick up the ability of concentration, patience, and teamwork.
Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2012

good

great show, just make sure that the kids are ready for when garmadon kills the great devourer and green blood flooded the city
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnonymous Moose April 14, 2016

Zane's sacrifice

Most people say that Zane's death at the end of season 3 was definitely not appropriate for children. However, I found it spectacular. People can't protect their kids forever. They have to learn that people do die. And it's tragic. And anyway, (SPOILERS) our favourite nindroid returns to us in Season 4, alive and well. The sacrifice is a breakthrough in kid's shows! Proving that not all kid's shows have to be soppy and stupid. Ninjago is an art, I'm a teenager and I love it.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2012

One of the best TV Shows airing presently on CN.

I've seen every episode of Lego Ninjago, and let me say, it's actually a really great show. Some kids don't see it, but this show teaches kids about teamwork, patience, loyalty, and some other good mesages. Although the violence is mostly mild, the finale (Rise of the Great Devourer/Day of the Great Devourer) contains some images and scenes of a large snake that consumes everything. This might freak out the younger viewers. At first, I thought this was pointless, poorly written, and cheesy beyond belief, since it was based on a franchise of toys. But then, after the episodes, I started to think that this was really good and that there should be more TV shows like it. As long as young children (4-5) have parental guidance, it's OK for them to watch it. But 7 and up will most likely end up liking this show. Bottom Line: Really good show, kids will end up having a blast with it (and maybe a laugh or two).
Teen, 15 years old Written byStabbityJoe February 6, 2016

Huh.

My brother loves this series and has been trying to get me to watch it for a while. I finally caved in and watched it. I was surprised how "not bad" if was. I think people saying this is just a commercial for Lego is a little odd since nothing is actually made of Lego except the people.
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Season 3 Ruined It

My siblings loved the show until season 3. They watched every premiere of the new season and the violence and scariness was pretty bad for kids under 8. Then the finale hit. Zane the "ice ninja" was killed to save the day and defeat the "Overlord". This made my brother cry! Also, the love for this "Nya" character spread at "Jay" and "Cole" "the Earth ninja" is a bit awkward for young kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2013

Im glad Ninjago is coming back later this year.

Great show. Thats all I can say.
Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2013

VERY GOOD FOR AGES 6-9

Review for Lego Ninjago episodes: VIOLENCE: 4/10. Infrequent Lego ninja battles/duels. Lego skeletons are chopped comically by Lego ninjas with swords. They fall apart, and seconds later their body disappears into thin air. Lego Ninjas jump from Lego dragons, and land on the ground, sometimes in fighting stances. Lego weapons are used to battle skeletons, such as: Lego spears, swords, and sticks. Some youngsters may find the leader enemies slightly scary. Comical Lego battles with more action than violence, mild in a cartoon-style fighting. Very good. EDUCATIONAL VALUE: 3/10. Teaches about Ancient Chinese culture, not in-depth, but will get a feel for culture. These episodes are not so much about the culture. POSTIVE MESSAGES/ROLE MODELS: 4/10. The ninjas may be Lego, but they have heart, and cheer each other on in times of danger or despair. Total displayed content: 4/10. Moderate Lego action, mild Lego violence. My MPAA Rating: PG FOR SOME LEGO ACTION SEQUENCES AND MILD VIOLENCE. Not for ages 1-5, borderline for age 6, and fine for ages 7, 8, and 9. Ages 10+ will find it a little cartoonish, and not as fun.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoespray12 April 3, 2013

Ninjago= Pretty Good!!!

It's cool, but the last two episodes has a dark beginning, with Lloyd's leg broken and evil above all, which might be intense for young viewers. The fighting scenes in the last two episodes are ALSO more violent, with flips and some "power" beams. Also, a scene where Garmidan is switching from ultimate to normal kind of shocks little kids, because he is in pain and Lloyd is screaming for him to control himself. Ultimately, I think 12 and over is pretty iffy for pre-teens and teens. ALOT OF COMDEY, just to say.
Parent of an infant, 3, 5, and 5 year old Written byFowlerFan May 5, 2012

Have You Reached Your True Potential?

Our kids 5 and 3 both watch it, though the 3 year old probably shouldn't. The only issue I have with it is the violence, and it's fairly mild of the cartoon style. There are some battles between characters and the bad guys - the odd punch or kick. The language is okay ... I think there's the odd 'hate', but not too bad. It's definitely not in the Backyardigans genre. And yes, there's a definite tie-in to the Lego merchandise, but our kids love all Lego, so that doesn't bother me too much. It depends on what your kids are used to, but I would put the age range around 5/6 for this.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bykorol March 13, 2016

Well made, but I have concerns.

It is a well made and exciting show which my son and his friends really enjoy. However, I am concerned about the following issues: 1. Simplifying of characters to "Good" and "Evil". This goes against us teaching children that people are not inherently good or evil, but make good or bad choices influenced by their circumstances. 2. Violence is the solution to everything. I know, I know, they are ninja and that is the point, but it would be nice if there was some message about violence being a last resort in extreme circumstances. In one episode they even say that it's boring when it's peaceful. 3. Sexism. There is a good female character, who occasionally sends some good messages about girls fighting as well as the boys do, but this is outweighed by the number of comments such as "You need a little girl to defend you?", and "You fight like a girl!" (disparagingly), and too many scenes where the female characters are shown only in distress to be rescued by the male characters. 4. Lack of diversity. Only white American and Japanese characters are represented. It would have been easy to include other races and ethnicities, so why not? Shows that children watch obsessively help form their view on the world, and all these points are working against what we try to teach.
Kid, 9 years old February 25, 2013

really good

muy muy bueno no rendirse es algo que hay que aprender.
Adult Written byLuka Keats 100 March 7, 2016

THIS TV SHOW SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why was this TV Show made??????????? This TV Show sucks!!!!!! It's so boring and not even entertaining!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAverageJake February 26, 2016

One of the Most Successful TV Franchises Ever

Let me just say that this is definitely a commercial. Just walk into Target, or the LEGO store and you'll see what I mean. However, LEGO handled this commercial perfectly mixing its great snappy characters, touching messages, and its awesome bad guys. One note to parents, once season two is over, I wouldn't recommend showing your child seasons 3-5. Those seasons are scarier, sadder, and less humorous than the first two. Also, a HUGE quality drop.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrMoviesGuy February 3, 2016

BEST LEGO SHOW.

I think this show is awesome. There is mild animated fantasy violence.(The violence is not intense) 2 characters the Blue Ninja and the Black ninja fight over a woman in some episodes but they made up to each other and became friends again. There is nothing sexual in this show. This can be scary to young toddlers. Recommended for kids 4 and older.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBeezusmasterofenergy November 24, 2015

BEST SHOW EVER!!!(Season 5 might be a bit iffy, parents)

Well I totally have to say, this show is the best. I'm 14 and I LOVE Ninjago (particularly Lloyd)! People are right when they say this can be for kids, teens, and adults. There's not much violence and it's great fun along with some adolescent behavior and jokes. Will say though, it's not all fun and happiness. Garmadon (Lloyd's dad) "dies" as well as Zane (but he rebuilds himself and comes back). This might be too much for sensitive people but it didnt bother me. I recommend ages 6 and up but it kind of depends on what their used to. My friend's 5yr old brother watches it and he isn't bothered as far as I know but I think Garmadon might scare him sometimes still. Another thing concerning age, I think I would hold off on season 5 until they're a tiny bit older with the younger kids. It's rather dark and deals with possession, something some parents might not like them watching. It's very mild compared to some films I've seen though! Anyway hope you found this helpful. LOVE NINJAGO! <3
Parent Written by19cer67 July 6, 2015

Awesome!!!

My son thinks that it is action pack, and it cool to watch something that does NOT have blood and gore.
Adult Written byidac July 3, 2015

Boring

Its just boring.
Kid, 7 years old August 3, 2013

This is really good i think they should make a tv show of lego marvel superheroes

Ahh lego you just give me pure awesomeness