All member reviews for Life Unexpected

Family drama is edgy, earnest -- and aimed at adults.

Adult Written byKatherine920 February 26, 2010

Lose UnXpected.

It's rubbish, boring and not appealing. It's very limiting, does not appear in the other countries apart from America, France, Canada and The netherlands because it is so rubbish. No one wants to see a pathetic idea with pathetic actors. The plot was ok but went downhill. Cate's character is completely unlikeble and is an anti mary sue. She lies too much to the point it would be good to kill her character off and replace her with a better character. Baze is drunk man who can't keep his eyes open most of the time and Ryan seems like the only person who is properly acting in this story. I cannot stand that Lux, her voice is annoying and she's a teen version of her immature mother. There are more better teen actress' then Lux who aren't as half as annoying as she is. She's like a D class version of Miley Cyrus. She's just irks me everytime I see her. That's no role model for teens. She can't even dress straight let alone act straight. Her parents in the show can't be bothered to buy her new clothes. They really should do more research about foster kids because to me it looks like they haven't a clue what that life is about. No woman who sees her child for years after throwing them out of their lives as a baby suddenly snaps up and wants to keep the child now. Cate hasn't given a single thought about Lux all those years and was so happy in her life anyway. So why the sudden change? It does not make sense. I see a very negative hasty ending for this show. They could have developed it with Cate and Lux hating each other first but slowing getting to know each other. That would be the interesting point, the main plot of the whole freaking series. Those 3 characters can't act. Cate overdoes it with her freaky eyes, she looks more like a 50 year old then a 32- Baze is so droopy, you'd think he'll fall into an eary grave and that Lux or bux is just too childish and needs to sharpen her acting skils- the same goes for that old looking woman- Shiri Appleby. It's only Ryan that can act in this show. What is he doing with these losers? He could be starring in a top film right now..... Overall, this stupid show get's a 1 out of 10. It's pathetic, complete waste of time, I'd rather be waching re rurns of Glee or Smallville or even Roswell.
Teen, 16 years old Written bychapmas October 31, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byFearlessmaster May 23, 2010

An Eye-opening Experience!

LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! Sure it's edgy but it's realistic (like most kids in the world today) and, at the end of the day, the show offers a reality check experience that, as a fan of the show, has caused me to look at my own life and has helped strengthen me beyond a doubt!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySophieGrace December 23, 2014

Girly drama

I love the series but it's more of a girl thing. With mature themes. Sex. Drugs and drinking. And no positive role models. For example the series is about a girl called lux who had a hard child hood in care. When she meets her mother and her father they aren't together. But as it goes on the mother cate cheats on her husband with Luxs dad. There isn't really any positive role models with lying and cheating. And a lot of drugs and alcohol especially within the beginning of the 1st series But I really enjoy it and I would recommend it for 14 to 17 year old girls.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySierraburnette June 23, 2014

Best show

This honestly is the best show I've ever watched I cried at the end knowing it wasn't how I thought it would end I just idk what to say really. BEST SHOW EVER!! Mabe not for kids under 15 but you won't regret. I can't believe it done.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhale.kelsie December 30, 2011

After watching the show, I think...

The show has a great plot to begin with and has an abundance of entertaining material but as the series prolongs the topics go more into depth and the subjects that the show hits on become more serious and are more oriented toward an adult audience.
Teen, 16 years old Written byveils July 11, 2011

Complainer

You would expect Lux to be grateful, kind, etc but she's not. She complains to her parents all the time and whines about her so-called difficult life and gets mad when she doesn't get what she wants.