All member reviews for Life with Boys

Parent Written byMrCrocodile May 3, 2013

This show is a gem!

I really love Life With Boys. It is really a gem. It is the first show after so many years that gives people lessons about life. To me, this is what Girl Meets World would be like and I really think this show has already filled that role of showing life through a girl's point of view. Let me just say first I love watching shows old and new. It doesn't matter to me for sitcoms if they're going to be taking the roles of a parent or if they will simply be there to make you laugh. But I love that Life With Boys fills the role I already mentioned. I love how Allie, a popular girl, isn't the main character of the show as sometimes it can be that way in tween/teen sitcoms. But she and Tess are such sweet friends. It's adorable. Tess is a good character too! I love the theme song. As of right now it's in my head! I love the family. There's not much for me to say but you can see that they're a good family. As the show goes on it gets better and better. It really does! Right in their first season, they got really serious when Sam feels pressured to smoke. I also love how in the Valentine's Day episode, they promote girls that don't need a guy to make their Valentine's Day special. I don't have much more to add since the show is still going but I am just so happy that YTV made such a good show and now it's airing on Teen Nick in America! Life With Boys and Reba, I found are shows that prove two things. One, that shows after the 90's don't suck just because there isn't millions of sitcoms preaching. And two, they are truly two good gems of a show, in terms of a sitcom that teaches you things as how parents should. Life With Boys is perfect. It's a great Canadian show from the channel YTV, a special show and therefore a rare gem in today's world because the writers have decided to show us life from a girl's point of view while in the form of a sitcom. A perfect ten!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovzhisdad July 9, 2013

Nothing More Than An Insult to Boys.

Boys shouldn't be watching this because they'll be watching their own gender be portrayed as dim-witted, mean, crude, and sometimes even inconsiderate and probably not even realize it. Girls shouldn't be watching it because watching it may encourage them to avoid boys all the time. This is bad because if they did avoid boys all the time, first, important relationships with their male family members, such as their fathers, would be ruined. second, so would their friendships with boys. Girls have to have good male friends. and third, they'd have slim chances of getting married without breaking any Biblical principles of marriage. And don't let the positive messages and relatable plots fool you. They're only in this show so you won't notice how stereotypical it its toward boys.
Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2014

Good Show with

This show has positive messages on family and friends and good role models who try to do the right thing. Great Kids show besides the unjust portrayal of boys being wild and animal-like. Life with Boys is fairly labeled as TV-PG with the one-time use of crap, frequent use of babe, and occasional kissing and dating that would not be allowed on a Disney show. Also, a racy joke on the topic of "how people are made" and an episode on a boy who makes bets with his friends on what he can "make a girl to do" Some characters are not good role models, and others lie and cheat. Should be okay for mature 10-year old's, but some moments are controversial.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2013

Flirty show ok For 10 and Up

Life with Boys, despite the G rating, could be a little more PG, but still a god show. Some boys and girls flirting, but nothing more than that.
Parent Written bysimonmbrooks June 19, 2014

Shallow

Although it is stated that this show displays good family values, the episode I saw (about getting a new bathroom) displayed the boys as ignorant and with no care for what is going on, and the daughter threatens her brothers to get work done. Not sure what positive messages this is sending. The attitudes of the characters (apart from the father) seemed very shallow and typical of the worse of today's American tv for kids.
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2013

Life with boys

I have seen every episode and I know there are a few swear words hidden in there like craparonni and cra.. anberries.
Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2013

good show for all the family

funny family sitcom for all the family the message of the show is that sure your family will annoy you but there always there for you
Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2014

Life With Boys review.

Life With Boys is an amazing show. It’s a really good TV series because it’s a program for all audiences and for all ages. I like Life With Boys because the characters don’t scream and shout at each other for no reason. Life With Boys is a Canadian teen show that started broadcasting in Canada some time ago. Life With Boys began in august 2011 however there were only two series. I wish that Life With Boys went on longer because I love the show. The first time I watched Life With Boys I was amazed by the fact Tess and her dad were talking about right and wrongs. I like Life With Boys because Tess and her friend Elli had a food fight in there school cafeteria. In the second series Tess tried out cheerleading with Elli but she was to good for the team so she had to go back to rugby. I think you should go to the shop and buy both series of Life With Boys today! I rate Life With Boys 5/5 stars.
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2014

Life With Boys

I love this show!!! Through out every episode there is always a positive messsage.
Teen, 15 years old Written byasdfghjklkjhgfdsasdf October 8, 2014

person

Carsyn, one direction
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

funny show!

it's a funny show, with no violence, and sex is limited to crushes and one kiss. in each episode, tess makes some kind of mistake, and by the end she learns where she went wrong. but the show also uses stereotypes and can be sexist at times, so make sure your kids are aware of this before you let them watch!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWolfey May 14, 2014

"Life With Boys" Review

Life With Boys is A Great For Everyone In The Family, Even Though The Show Is Based On A Teenage Girl Getting Through High School. I Recommend This For Kids Around About 10 and Older.
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2014

Very good!!

It is a very good show perfect for kids 10 and up. I have watched all of season one. It is very very funny but not in a bad way. Hope this helped.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2014

Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2014

i really like it but there is just one thing....

I love this show so much! Its really great! but there is just one episode that i dont find apropreate. The one episode called "smoking with boys" its not like they are incouraging smoking, but Tess' brother Sam gets cought smoking which is not normal for a kid like him, but he does stop. so thats really all that there is for me on that one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

Not the best show. . . . .

It's totally not funny and also more for girls than boys. Some episodes are extremely weird.