All member reviews for Little Bear

Gentle, age-appropriate viewing for preschoolers.

Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny October 26, 2011

Peaceful fun...

Little Bear is, as CSM says, "gentle, age-appropriate viewing for preschoolers". It really calms the mind and is tons of fun for little ones. It's a peaceful, fun environment filled with interesting, funny characters. It's not annoying, like Yo Gabba Gabba (that's for sure). In fact, I even use it sometimes to help me fall asleep. The music is mellow, the atmosphere is quiet. and the characters aren't loud and obnoxious. But anyways, it's just really good, probably one of the best baby shows I've seen (don't ask me why I watch this). The role models are pretty decent and there are a few lessons. Little Bear and his friends love to play together. In other words, I recommend this to all.
Adult Written bydeswhitby December 30, 2008

overall very appropriate and cute. buuuut....

there are some perilous moments - like when Little Bear and Owl imagine they are fishing on the high seas and catch an enormous, ferocious whale with gigantic teeth who threatens to eat them (yikes!!!), and the episode with the dragon which sent my 2 and 4 year olds shreaking from the room. Little Bear is the first show my children have ever seen. We have avoided media 100% with them - until now, and Little Bear has been a great choice, but parents show preview each episode for frightening content. Otherwise, it is brilliant. I only mention this because I haven't seen anyone else say anything about it, and I wish I had had a warning. Don't hesitate to allow little ones to watch it, just get familiar with the content first.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byGregoryMccormick123 June 26, 2014

This was the golden age of Nick Jr.

Little Bear was a show that needs to come back. Loved it as a kid, and still do. Great animation, likeable characters, calm, charming, and very relaxing. This was a GOOD show. Nowadays Nick Jr. is horrendous, with rubbish such as Dora the Explorer (complete and utter s**t), Bubble Guppies (just plain horrible), and Team Umizoomi (Pure filth).
Teen, 16 years old Written byDuper_Drew July 29, 2012

Forget Dora,Kai-Lan,and Diego! This is what little kids SHOULD be watching!

This was the 3rd best show on Nick Jr! The 2nd was Blues Clues,the 1st was Oswald.The animation was unique,and it has peaceful fun for little kids! :D!
Adult Written byZombieGirl June 20, 2012

BEST EVER

I LOVED repeat LOOOOVED watching little bear growing up!!! I am 21 going on 22 this year and I can still say it was one of my favorite shows. The theme song is beautiful and it taught me to appreciate things in a way that todays kids shows just can't teach. Today everything is flashed in your face while little bear was more of a slower pace. I have friends that didnt like watching it growing up and preferred the flashy in your face shows which is fine. But if you have a young child who is quiet and likes to read i think Little Bear would be suitable for them.
Adult Written bycherry619 October 21, 2011

Show for nighttime

Little Bear is one of those shows for night time when things are settling down and kids are going to sleep. The gentle nature of all the characters and fun adventures that Little Bear takes us on will grab any child's mind and let them explore their creative side with make believe and also exploring nature and the things around us. Not to mention the music score is really calming and not in your face like a lot of kids shows with all the singing and dancing.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittle bears best October 22, 2010

perfect for all ages 1 through 120

beat show on earth, people should live like little bear, if they did they the world would be a lot better.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byCTbrowncoat September 2, 2009

Behold the most calming toon on TV

Hands down the best toon on TV for young ones. Has a wonderful calming effect on our kids. And the animals are all great role models - polite and kind to one another. And Duck is pretty damned funny. :-)
Adult Written byjen72 April 9, 2008

A+++ for toddlers & pre-schoolers

My son has been watching this show since he was 2 (now just turned 4) and he still looks forward to it. Now my daughter who is almost 2 loves it as well. It is one of those gentle & quiet kind of shows that gets my kids in the settle down mode. There is absolutely nothing to worry about when they watch this show. If anything, it coaxed my son into learning all the names of the characters and made him ask questions. All good stuff for ages 2 to 4.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini April 4, 2015

Great show, almost like a storybook

I love the episode where Papa Bear gets angry.
Kid, 12 years old March 19, 2015

Sweet show that's perfect for preschoolers

When I was a baby I really enjoyed this show a lot.But the issue is that Nick Jr. doesn't have it anymore.Please Nick bring it back NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byloved February 27, 2015

An imaginative treasure

An imaginatively relaxing program for young children, and adults alike. The program is more times than not, very peaceful and full of calm happiness. Each episode deals with the titular character, 'Little Bear', a young cub, and his imaginatively adventurous take on woodland life. A couple episodes, like "Play Ball" and "Thunder Monster" are a little more 'problematic', in that they're among the only episodes that deal with aggression. The latter especially may be terrifying to smaller ones, in that it deals with a strong thunderstorm. The thunder is well, realistically thunderous. And the episode deals with Little Bear shouting with anger at the thunderstorms to go away, so the moon can come out. Another episode, 'Mitzi Arrives', deals with selfishness/rudeness, in a manner that may need to be explained to younger ones. Lastly, the episode "Little Bear's Favorite Tree", is about the only episode that actually deals with the subject of death. A colossal Oak tree is shown fallen in the aftermath of a violent thunderstorm. There's also a slight moment where Little Bear fears a family of blue jays that nested in the tree may have been hurt (but are later shown to be just fine. The show overall seems to take place in an early 20th Century, while electricity itself is never shown. The only glimpse of modernity is in the episode "Emily's Balloon", where a town with streets and sidewalks is briefly seen. Otherwise it is wholesome in that it deals with a more forgotten time of when kids enjoyed themselves outdoors, without the distractions of today. The characters are diverse, with different hobbies and personalities. And each is very imaginative. Maurice Sendak's timeless drawings are beautifully animated. From a mermaid and aquatic life of the sea, to the constellations in space, to an appearance of his 'Wild Things' in a storybook.
Adult Written byOswin11 January 15, 2015

Awesome

Such an amazing show. Brings back memorires of my childhood. Highly recommend this show. Not to many shows where the characters are enjoying nature and having fun. Now it's all about computers and technology
Teen, 15 years old Written byWRESTLING246 October 8, 2014

Awesome for children

Very Educational for kids and it has amazing animation, characters, music and acting
Parent Written byViannaR June 21, 2014

Childhood-centric and gorgeous use of soundtrack

This program is absolutely charming. There is a deepness to it that is difficult to express, while seemingly so simple. I think that it addresses children at a level missed by other programs aimed at this audience age. It has a feel that mimics the dreaminess of the lives of the very young (and does explore the fears at times--in fact, a few episodes can go "dark" -- one particularly goes very dark, when a doll "dies," so I would caution parents to view the episodes prior to showing them to your child. Brilliantly done, and very Maurice Sendak. I wasn't a fan, actually, until I discovered this show, and now, I've finally "got" him!
Parent Written byazul222 February 24, 2013

We Wish There Were More Than 3 Seasons!

My daughter fell in love with the Little Bear books around her 1st birthday and, shortly thereafter, we discovered the Television Series. For more than a year she would beg to "Watch-y Bear!!!" and would sit, entranced, through the adventures of Little Bear, Emily, Duck, Owl, Cat, Hen and friends. We eventually purchased some of the DVD sets to keep at her grandparents' house and the Little Bear movie. The stories are sweet and easy to follow and have nearly none of the "infighting" among friends that is so popular in preschool television. The characters play together, go on adventures together, explore nature and tease out simple problems. Though she is beginning to grow away from the series (partially because she has seen every episode a hundred times, if not more), it is still her go-to show when she is tired or grouchy and we are searching in vain for anything similar for an older child. There is an appalling lack of options.
Kid, 9 years old November 20, 2012

Great Show don't pay any attention to the people that say it is not EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

You can trust and trust and trust little bear all of the days of your lives for your kids to watch. It is educational it will get across god messages to your children and it has VERY good role models. Believe me i have watched to for almost 9 years now and I can't name a better tv show. DO NOT listen to the people that say it is the worst show ever.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 25, 2012

little bear

part of daily life -- is the most attractive aspect of this series. If Little Bear inspires families to enjoy such pastoral pleasures, then all the better.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy August 25, 2012

Relaxing show!

Everytime things get out of hand for me,I watch reruns of Little Bear.This show relaxes me.So when i'm driven nuts,I watch a rerun of this show.It's a shame it got taken off the air.