All member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Jovial family sitcom is simplistic but still entertains.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

great show

this is a great and funny show that i think is ok for kids to watch it
Adult Written byTinyToya August 12, 2013

A Beacon of Hope for Disney Channel?

I've now see a few episodes and am still pleased. Liv and Maddie are twin sisters with one being a pop star and the other being a brainy normal girl. (This part of the show is unrealistic to me. Yes, there are celebrities who have brothers and sisters that are unknown to the public. However, these girls are supposed to be twins and they are going to school together. In this day and age that would cause a frenzy). More to the point, Dove Cameron plays both characters and I find her roles to be quite well done. She embodies Liv and Maddie distinctly and without flaw. One might actually believe there were two actresses playing the roles. This brings to mind a question: Why didn't Disney just hire twins? Like they did with Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Yes, Dove Cameron is a great actress but the show is not exactly the same when the two characters never interact directly. The camera angle has to change and there is digital work involved. But some people may enjoy that and like Dove even more. The show itself is pretty funny. I wish the parents weren't so zany but one can live with it. Importantly, I think this show might prove to be a saving grace to the current state of Disney channel.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Watch on the Disney channel app

I really like this show! You can watch it before September 15th on the Disney channel app! I was wanting to watch this for a long time! It's very funny but one party there is kissing and yeah I really enjoyed it!
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Love It!

Liv and Maddie is now one of my favorite shows! It's inspired me so much. They are great role models and give good messages. Definitely good for kids and teens of all ages. It's great, 2 thumbs up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypuppylover12 November 27, 2013

Brainless

Like all of the new shows, it makes it seem like acting stupid is cute, that you can get guys by wearing short dress, etc. I would defiantly not let your kid watch this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

ehhhh

This is okay, I guess. I don't it regularly. I like it because it promotes girls basketball (yes, I'm a basketball player/fan). Liv is REALLY annoying though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 15, 2013

Good Show

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE!!! I think it's a pretty cool show. And for a person that don't like disney channel to much, this show is pretty good. :)
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I should have reviewed this months ago

I saw the first episode on August 11, and fell in love with this show. It's adorable. The only reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is because of the Christmas episode. It had a good plot but I didn't like the subplot where Joey got peed on by a bunch of kids. I decided to review this now because hey, better late than never. Also, today is when Cloud 9 airs and I want to see it. Also, I'm proud of Disney lately. They aired The Rescuers on Disney Jr. November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. Today they aired Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how much I like Lilo & Stitch. I should have reviewed it December 26, 2012 when I reviewed my other favorites. I'm not sure WHY this show got only 3/5 when The Haunted Hathaways got 4/5 (it deserves 0 in my opinion.) My favorite character is Liv because she's adorable. But I also like Maddie. Over all, I give this show an 8.75. I also gave Gordy a 7.75 but then changed it to 10 because I saw how bad The Haunted Hathaways was. UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 9: Yesterday they reaired The Fox and the Hound and tonight they're reairing The Rescuers. So for that I'm changing the rating to 5/5.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster January 26, 2015

Theres Better Stuff Out There

As the review above says, the show is ultimately harmless, but as a result of its risk free nature, it fails to do anything that different or interesting, and instead rehashes the same storylines and lessons told in every disney sitcom on air, just with different characters and slight variations. Its characters and stories are very simplistic, with little to no depth, and its humor is the same kind of stuff we've seen before on the likes of Austin & Ally or Jessie. Everything on the show is tailored to fit into the basic Disney sitcom mold, giving it an artificial feel and its characters, humor, and stories have all been done superiorly elsewhere. The show ends up being a lot like wonder bread in that, kids will gladly eat it up if offered to them, but there are much better alternatives out there.
Parent Written byaniag January 15, 2015

Vomit inducing sh*t

This show is the worst piece of garbage I have ever seen. It teaches young girls to be popular and Biatchy and undervalues education... The popular twin is a stuck up Biatcht whore who only cares about herself.... The people who wrote this should be fired DO NOT WATCH ON PAIN OF DEATH
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 3, 2015

Love this show!

I love this show! It really shows how a family is supposed to operate. It also does so without the inclusion of obnoxious backtalk or making idiots out of the adults. Only show better than this on Disney Channel is Jessie.
Parent Written byWillowWish December 30, 2014

Not Disney's Best Work-If They Have Any.

My daughter loves this show, but me, not so much. The first girl, Liv, is A blonde, ditzy girly girl who wears too much makeup, and spends about 3 hours a day getting dressed, resembles a Barbie doll in my opinion was a pop-star but she returns home to be with her twin sister Maddie: who is a normal teen girl who wears far less girly clothing, does good in school, and plays basketball. Then there's Joey- your typical nerd. Kids would obviously not want to be like this character, and think Liv or possibly Maddie is better, but in 20 years, the person who acts like Joey will have their own Video Game company and be making MILLIONS. This is why Disney needs a show that promotes brainy people! THEY are the future of America, not lip gloss wearing girly girls. I also don't know why every main character has a heavier set best friend. Let's take a look shall we? Good Luck Charlie: Teddy's best friend is Ivy. Gravity Falls: Mabel's best friend is Grenda. Then there's this show with Willow. Overall I thought this show had mild stereotypes, but on the bright side, the actors are great! It's amazing how Dove can play 2 totally different people and be good at it. This show has a pretty good message, that family is really important, too.
Teen, 13 years old Written by5sosgurl7 December 10, 2014

Great show, very well done!

There are positive role models and great messages although the parents can be a little bit out going they still have good advice to give to liv and maddie.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2014

liv and maddie review FIRST REVIEW

liv and Maddie is and an okay show thats great for a family show
Teen, 13 years old Written byMagcon_gilinskysgirl August 31, 2014

Teen jokes

Anybody could watch it but the jokes are aimed at teen girls...younger kids can watch it and it would be fine but I'm not sure how funny it would be for them.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2014

Decent

This show is an okay show. I don't like the songs Dove sings, and I hate how Disney is TRYING to connect with kids. But it's a kids' show for goodness sake. You can see Parker has a phone, which really isn't appropriate.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlouch August 14, 2014

Copycat

If your child is also going to read this, I suggest not since this will have some mature language. So this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to tell others not to watch this show, so now let's get onto my review. This show is pretty much a Zack and Cody copycat, I mean liv and maddie is pretty much the same person doing both parts instead zack and Cody are actual twins, they could just get actual twins in the show. Also it just another type of good luck Charlie or Shake it up, I mean most disney shows are just recycling the same ideas over and over again, even the movies do the same thing, like right away after about the first 10 minute of the movie, I can already guess what the movie will be about, so this is my verdict: Disney copycat out of actual twins and better story ( 2/5 )
Kid, 0 years old August 8, 2014

Not realistic

This show is very fake. I will start with saying this how do the parents have dark hair Liv and Maddie are the only blondes in their famliy their brothers have dark hair also. Their famliy looks nothing like each other the dad is so ugly I hate to look at him. I only watch the show cause there is nothing else on. On Disneychannel.com when they describe Liv they put her as nice WHAT NICE. She talks about her own brother Joey saying he isn't good when he tries talking to girls what if he is nervous when he talks to them gosh Liv. People say she is so good looking she don't even look that good people act like there is no one that looks better than her she ugly into opinion. When Maddie and her friend Willow were play soft ball she said she love Joey Maddie acted so surprised knowing Willow like that boy and Joey her brother and she was like you like Joey like it's bad for Willow to like him. Why would you kill your own brothers chances at love. Joey got one girl to like him but then they never brought up that girl again so did they date? They overact their parts. They try to hard to be funny and play the laugh track a lot and nothing funny ever happened in that show. And Maddie got accepted into the Olympics and is supposed to be gone for like 18 months I bet she gonna end up not going the same thing Disney always does these shows are so predictable. Rant over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWhathecatisgoingon July 21, 2014

Cliche and overused characters.

At first when I saw Live and Maddie I thought, "Well that's cute." But now after seeing a couple other episodes I start to realize that the characters aren't strong at all. Good job Disney Channel you lost my faith in TV shows from you completely, I think I'll just stick to your movies for now. Of course you'll have the 2 brainless parents who are oblivious to most things the kids do, even if they move the fridge up to there room. There's the stupid eldest male teen and the youngest diabolical (also) male preeteen, who get shined out by there middle siblings, 2 overly cliche twin sisters. One's your average tom-girl, and the other ones your obvious diva. You've made me cringe with Liv's ignorance, idiocy and sassiness. Not only that but you make her famous, and one of the main characters. Because we totally want more controversial people like that. So then you make Maddie, your basketball playing, smart, and down to earth kind of girl to control your shining one. Good job Disney Channel, you've lost me for good to scrolling on tumblr pointing out cliche things like this to others. Thank you, it's a lot less painful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMorganmorgan12345 July 15, 2014

Very disappointing

Just like almost every other Disney show, it is just plain ridiculous! I mean really, what kid of person can watch this trash? I don't understand how you can find it funny. Liv is just annoying and the little brother is irritating and stupid. This is not in any way educating and the show is just a waste if time! Just like dog with a blog, I didn't do it, etc. where are the good shows?? I remember Zach and Cody. That was actually a good and funny show to watch. But now a days Disney is worse and worse.