All member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Jovial family sitcom is simplistic but still entertains.

Parent Written bysaltylady October 29, 2013

more stereotypes and ditzy girl stuff

Why am I not surprised that Disney (or is it Nick? who knows) made yet another show that glorifies ditzy teen girl behavior and teaches kids that being anything other than pretty and popular is bad news. The show is about twin girls, one is an actress, wears makeup and girly clothes, and the other is a more normal teen girl who actually cares about school, wears glasses, plays basketball. Your daughter is supposed to like the second one, but you know she's going to think the actress is the cool one. The normal twin has a best friend who is less attractive and slightly heavy. A heavy set minority best friend is part of all these shows. Every third joke is about how this best friend isn't properly feminine, and how she has a crush on the twins' brother, who of course will never like her because she's not cute. What a disgusting message for little girls. The only good thing I can say is at least they have parents and don't live in some teen band boarding school.
Adult Written byTinyToya August 12, 2013

A Beacon of Hope for Disney Channel?

I've now see a few episodes and am still pleased. Liv and Maddie are twin sisters with one being a pop star and the other being a brainy normal girl. (This part of the show is unrealistic to me. Yes, there are celebrities who have brothers and sisters that are unknown to the public. However, these girls are supposed to be twins and they are going to school together. In this day and age that would cause a frenzy). More to the point, Dove Cameron plays both characters and I find her roles to be quite well done. She embodies Liv and Maddie distinctly and without flaw. One might actually believe there were two actresses playing the roles. This brings to mind a question: Why didn't Disney just hire twins? Like they did with Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Yes, Dove Cameron is a great actress but the show is not exactly the same when the two characters never interact directly. The camera angle has to change and there is digital work involved. But some people may enjoy that and like Dove even more. The show itself is pretty funny. I wish the parents weren't so zany but one can live with it. Importantly, I think this show might prove to be a saving grace to the current state of Disney channel.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

great show

this is a great and funny show that i think is ok for kids to watch it
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

ehhhh

This is okay, I guess. I don't it regularly. I like it because it promotes girls basketball (yes, I'm a basketball player/fan). Liv is REALLY annoying though.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Watch on the Disney channel app

I really like this show! You can watch it before September 15th on the Disney channel app! I was wanting to watch this for a long time! It's very funny but one party there is kissing and yeah I really enjoyed it!
Kid, 0 years old August 8, 2014

Not realistic

This show is very fake. I will start with saying this how do the parents have dark hair Liv and Maddie are the only blondes in their famliy their brothers have dark hair also. Their famliy looks nothing like each other the dad is so ugly I hate to look at him. I only watch the show cause there is nothing else on. On Disneychannel.com when they describe Liv they put her as nice WHAT NICE. She talks about her own brother Joey saying he isn't good when he tries talking to girls what if he is nervous when he talks to them gosh Liv. People say she is so good looking she don't even look that good people act like there is no one that looks better than her she ugly into opinion. When Maddie and her friend Willow were play soft ball she said she love Joey Maddie acted so surprised knowing Willow like that boy and Joey her brother and she was like you like Joey like it's bad for Willow to like him. Why would you kill your own brothers chances at love. Joey got one girl to like him but then they never brought up that girl again so did they date? They overact their parts. They try to hard to be funny and play the laugh track a lot and nothing funny ever happened in that show. And Maddie got accepted into the Olympics and is supposed to be gone for like 18 months I bet she gonna end up not going the same thing Disney always does these shows are so predictable. Rant over.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypuppylover12 November 27, 2013

Brainless

Like all of the new shows, it makes it seem like acting stupid is cute, that you can get guys by wearing short dress, etc. I would defiantly not let your kid watch this.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Love It!

Liv and Maddie is now one of my favorite shows! It's inspired me so much. They are great role models and give good messages. Definitely good for kids and teens of all ages. It's great, 2 thumbs up.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I should have reviewed this months ago

I saw the first episode on August 11, and fell in love with this show. It's adorable. The only reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is because of the Christmas episode. It had a good plot but I didn't like the subplot where Joey got peed on by a bunch of kids. I decided to review this now because hey, better late than never. Also, today is when Cloud 9 airs and I want to see it. Also, I'm proud of Disney lately. They aired The Rescuers on Disney Jr. November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. Today they aired Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how much I like Lilo & Stitch. I should have reviewed it December 26, 2012 when I reviewed my other favorites. I'm not sure WHY this show got only 3/5 when The Haunted Hathaways got 4/5 (it deserves 0 in my opinion.) My favorite character is Liv because she's adorable. But I also like Maddie. Over all, I give this show an 8.75. I also gave Gordy a 7.75 but then changed it to 10 because I saw how bad The Haunted Hathaways was. UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 9: Yesterday they reaired The Fox and the Hound and tonight they're reairing The Rescuers. So for that I'm changing the rating to 5/5.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 15, 2013

Good Show

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE!!! I think it's a pretty cool show. And for a person that don't like disney channel to much, this show is pretty good. :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlouch August 14, 2014

Copycat

If your child is also going to read this, I suggest not since this will have some mature language. So this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to tell others not to watch this show, so now let's get onto my review. This show is pretty much a Zack and Cody copycat, I mean liv and maddie is pretty much the same person doing both parts instead zack and Cody are actual twins, they could just get actual twins in the show. Also it just another type of good luck Charlie or Shake it up, I mean most disney shows are just recycling the same ideas over and over again, even the movies do the same thing, like right away after about the first 10 minute of the movie, I can already guess what the movie will be about, so this is my verdict: Disney copycat out of actual twins and better story ( 2/5 )
Teen, 14 years old Written byMorganmorgan12345 July 15, 2014

Very disappointing

Just like almost every other Disney show, it is just plain ridiculous! I mean really, what kid of person can watch this trash? I don't understand how you can find it funny. Liv is just annoying and the little brother is irritating and stupid. This is not in any way educating and the show is just a waste if time! Just like dog with a blog, I didn't do it, etc. where are the good shows?? I remember Zach and Cody. That was actually a good and funny show to watch. But now a days Disney is worse and worse.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKidReviews April 7, 2014

Meh...

This show isn't bad. Kinda boring sometimes. It's a Zach and Cody ripoff though. But, it would get a lot better reviews if it didn't come right after Good Luck Charlie, and everyone had too high of hopes for it.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

Offensive, Unoriginal Rubbish!!!!

This show is completely unoriginal (what is the point?!) and is totally offensive to real twins. NO, twins cannot feel what the other feels, and NO, twins cannot trade places whenever they want! If you want your kids to ever respect twins as normal human beings, ban this programme!
Teen, 16 years old Written byChrisgirl64 June 21, 2014

Disney needs better quality shows

Disney really had my opinion of being able to make great quality and funny shows. This show, however, was a big disappointment. I have not seen in my time of watching television a show with such horrid acting as this one has. The parents are too childish, as if they are trying to be the children. The show also makes it seem clear that if you dress pretty and are popular, you are gonna be liked more. Disney needs to stop ending the good shows and bringing these noticeably cheap cost expensive shows.
Kid, 9 years old May 31, 2014

Great Role Models

I like Liv And Maddie . Its cool that Dove Cameron plays two people at the same time . People think its iffy but I really like it . They have great role models like Maddie she's not too girly she's just being herself.
Kid, 9 years old February 9, 2014

hold on a sec

really amaze show. family explains to liv popularity does NOT matter.
Teen, 13 years old Written by5sosgurl7 December 10, 2014

Great show, very well done!

There are positive role models and great messages although the parents can be a little bit out going they still have good advice to give to liv and maddie.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2014

Decent

This show is an okay show. I don't like the songs Dove sings, and I hate how Disney is TRYING to connect with kids. But it's a kids' show for goodness sake. You can see Parker has a phone, which really isn't appropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Bad Role Models

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but the role models are disappointing and typical: a Hollywood star who encourages her twin sister to dress up more and flirt more, and two immature brothers, one who flirts a lot but will not consider dating a girl who has a huge crush on him because she's slightly husky, and another who plays pranks on everyone. I was disappointed in the characters. Not to mention it's a total rip-off of Zack and Cody, except Sack and Cody was good... I mean Maddie: Smart who dresses casual just like Maddie from Zack and Cody (same name?) and Liv: London, very fancy/famous, and Joey: Cody (geek) and Parker: Zack (troublemaker.) It's like London and Maddie are the twins and Zack and Cody the younger brothers.