All member reviews for Liv and Maddie

Jovial family sitcom is simplistic but still entertains.

Parent Written bysaltylady October 29, 2013

more stereotypes and ditzy girl stuff

Why am I not surprised that Disney (or is it Nick? who knows) made yet another show that glorifies ditzy teen girl behavior and teaches kids that being anything other than pretty and popular is bad news. The show is about twin girls, one is an actress, wears makeup and girly clothes, and the other is a more normal teen girl who actually cares about school, wears glasses, plays basketball. Your daughter is supposed to like the second one, but you know she's going to think the actress is the cool one. The normal twin has a best friend who is less attractive and slightly heavy. A heavy set minority best friend is part of all these shows. Every third joke is about how this best friend isn't properly feminine, and how she has a crush on the twins' brother, who of course will never like her because she's not cute. What a disgusting message for little girls. The only good thing I can say is at least they have parents and don't live in some teen band boarding school.
Adult Written byTinyToya August 12, 2013

A Beacon of Hope for Disney Channel?

I've now see a few episodes and am still pleased. Liv and Maddie are twin sisters with one being a pop star and the other being a brainy normal girl. (This part of the show is unrealistic to me. Yes, there are celebrities who have brothers and sisters that are unknown to the public. However, these girls are supposed to be twins and they are going to school together. In this day and age that would cause a frenzy). More to the point, Dove Cameron plays both characters and I find her roles to be quite well done. She embodies Liv and Maddie distinctly and without flaw. One might actually believe there were two actresses playing the roles. This brings to mind a question: Why didn't Disney just hire twins? Like they did with Dylan and Cole Sprouse? Yes, Dove Cameron is a great actress but the show is not exactly the same when the two characters never interact directly. The camera angle has to change and there is digital work involved. But some people may enjoy that and like Dove even more. The show itself is pretty funny. I wish the parents weren't so zany but one can live with it. Importantly, I think this show might prove to be a saving grace to the current state of Disney channel.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

great show

this is a great and funny show that i think is ok for kids to watch it
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Watch on the Disney channel app

I really like this show! You can watch it before September 15th on the Disney channel app! I was wanting to watch this for a long time! It's very funny but one party there is kissing and yeah I really enjoyed it!
Teen, 13 years old Written bylizbiz_13 November 24, 2013

ehhhh

This is okay, I guess. I don't it regularly. I like it because it promotes girls basketball (yes, I'm a basketball player/fan). Liv is REALLY annoying though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypuppylover12 November 27, 2013

Brainless

Like all of the new shows, it makes it seem like acting stupid is cute, that you can get guys by wearing short dress, etc. I would defiantly not let your kid watch this.
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2013

Love It!

Liv and Maddie is now one of my favorite shows! It's inspired me so much. They are great role models and give good messages. Definitely good for kids and teens of all ages. It's great, 2 thumbs up.
Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 17, 2014

I should have reviewed this months ago

I saw the first episode on August 11, and fell in love with this show. It's adorable. The only reason I didn't rate this 5/5 is because of the Christmas episode. It had a good plot but I didn't like the subplot where Joey got peed on by a bunch of kids. I decided to review this now because hey, better late than never. Also, today is when Cloud 9 airs and I want to see it. Also, I'm proud of Disney lately. They aired The Rescuers on Disney Jr. November 30, then The Little Mermaid on December 22, then Peter Pan on December 24, then Dumbo on December 28, and best of all, The Fox and the Hound (my favorite film ever along with the original Charlotte's Web) on December 29. Today they aired Lilo & Stitch. I forgot how much I like Lilo & Stitch. I should have reviewed it December 26, 2012 when I reviewed my other favorites. I'm not sure WHY this show got only 3/5 when The Haunted Hathaways got 4/5 (it deserves 0 in my opinion.) My favorite character is Liv because she's adorable. But I also like Maddie. Over all, I give this show an 8.75. I also gave Gordy a 7.75 but then changed it to 10 because I saw how bad The Haunted Hathaways was. UPDATE ON FEBRUARY 9: Yesterday they reaired The Fox and the Hound and tonight they're reairing The Rescuers. So for that I'm changing the rating to 5/5.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymalikthewisdomteen1 December 15, 2013

Good Show

I LOVE LIV AND MADDIE!!! I think it's a pretty cool show. And for a person that don't like disney channel to much, this show is pretty good. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikepie367 January 5, 2014

Bad Role Models

There's nothing inappropriate in it, but the role models are disappointing and typical: a Hollywood star who encourages her twin sister to dress up more and flirt more, and two immature brothers, one who flirts a lot but will not consider dating a girl who has a huge crush on him because she's slightly husky, and another who plays pranks on everyone. I was disappointed in the characters. Not to mention it's a total rip-off of Zack and Cody, except Sack and Cody was good... I mean Maddie: Smart who dresses casual just like Maddie from Zack and Cody (same name?) and Liv: London, very fancy/famous, and Joey: Cody (geek) and Parker: Zack (troublemaker.) It's like London and Maddie are the twins and Zack and Cody the younger brothers.
Parent Written byangelp1 March 16, 2015

Upbeat

This is one of the better shows, and my favorite show so far is the episode where all of the boys are rating the girls and Maddie comes up with the song "I'll show you what a girl is" I have a 7 year old daughter and I thought that was a very positive message, also, Liv received an acting role, where she was playing a typically male character. In another episode, Liv who comes across as another dumb blonde, proves she has brains when she enters a science contest. Then there is Maddie who plays basketball. The only thing that confuses me is they did a behind the scenes look and we learn that they use 3 girls to play this set of twins, wouldn't it make more sense to have hired twins? That being said Dove Cameron is a great little actress, and I really like this show.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylovaajesus February 28, 2015

Appropriate for all ages, but...

This show was great in Season 1, but in Season 2, they've started to take things too far. The number of moments that gross me out are starting to come to life, particularly in the episodes where Parker tries to prove he's responsible enough for a dog, Maddie becomes a substitute karate teacher, the one where the boys trick the girls into cleaning their room for them (THE WORST!), and in the one where Liv and Maddie are sick while Parker gets detention. And in Season 1, it was seemingly like the version of Good Luck Charlie I actually enjoy. Now in Season 2, it's starting to become more unrealistic. So, bottom line: Season 1 is enjoyable and worry-free, but you might not like Season 2 that much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMShamster January 26, 2015

Theres Better Stuff Out There

As the review above says, the show is ultimately harmless, but as a result of its risk free nature, it fails to do anything that different or interesting, and instead rehashes the same storylines and lessons told in every disney sitcom on air, just with different characters and slight variations. Its characters and stories are very simplistic, with little to no depth, and its humor is the same kind of stuff we've seen before on the likes of Austin & Ally or Jessie. Everything on the show is tailored to fit into the basic Disney sitcom mold, giving it an artificial feel and its characters, humor, and stories have all been done superiorly elsewhere. The show ends up being a lot like wonder bread in that, kids will gladly eat it up if offered to them, but there are much better alternatives out there.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 3, 2015

Love this show!

I love this show! It really shows how a family is supposed to operate. It also does so without the inclusion of obnoxious backtalk or making idiots out of the adults. Only show better than this on Disney Channel is Jessie.
Parent Written byWillowWish December 30, 2014

Not Disney's Best Work-If They Have Any.

My daughter loves this show, but me, not so much. The first girl, Liv, is A blonde, ditzy girly girl who wears too much makeup, and spends about 3 hours a day getting dressed, resembles a Barbie doll in my opinion was a pop-star but she returns home to be with her twin sister Maddie: who is a normal teen girl who wears far less girly clothing, does good in school, and plays basketball. Then there's Joey- your typical nerd. Kids would obviously not want to be like this character, and think Liv or possibly Maddie is better, but in 20 years, the person who acts like Joey will have their own Video Game company and be making MILLIONS. This is why Disney needs a show that promotes brainy people! THEY are the future of America, not lip gloss wearing girly girls. I also don't know why every main character has a heavier set best friend. Let's take a look shall we? Good Luck Charlie: Teddy's best friend is Ivy. Gravity Falls: Mabel's best friend is Grenda. Then there's this show with Willow. Overall I thought this show had mild stereotypes, but on the bright side, the actors are great! It's amazing how Dove can play 2 totally different people and be good at it. This show has a pretty good message, that family is really important, too.
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2014

Offensive, Unoriginal Rubbish!!!!

This show is completely unoriginal (what is the point?!) and is totally offensive to real twins. NO, twins cannot feel what the other feels, and NO, twins cannot trade places whenever they want! If you want your kids to ever respect twins as normal human beings, ban this programme!
Teen, 13 years old Written by5sosgurl7 December 10, 2014

Great show, very well done!

There are positive role models and great messages although the parents can be a little bit out going they still have good advice to give to liv and maddie.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2014

liv and maddie review FIRST REVIEW

liv and Maddie is and an okay show thats great for a family show
Teen, 13 years old Written byMagcon_gilinskysgirl August 31, 2014

Teen jokes

Anybody could watch it but the jokes are aimed at teen girls...younger kids can watch it and it would be fine but I'm not sure how funny it would be for them.
Kid, 10 years old August 21, 2014

Decent

This show is an okay show. I don't like the songs Dove sings, and I hate how Disney is TRYING to connect with kids. But it's a kids' show for goodness sake. You can see Parker has a phone, which really isn't appropriate.