All member reviews for Lost Tapes

Violent, scary "true stories" aren't for young kids, tweens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypen7777 January 11, 2010

Really good!

This show is definatly not for kids, but good for tweens and teens. Lots of violence and scary images,but thats kind of what the show is trying to have.For people who like horror, a definate must!
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2009

I have heard about this and wow! The description was nothing like it! blood and guts and gore are a huge problem, I am not kidding! This is not for kids or tweens! Trust me, I saw it and I am ten!
Adult Written byThatRussianYakAttack December 5, 2009

It may make some younger children believe these creatures do exist (especially in the manner in which they are portrayed on the show), but watching this as an older teen, it's easy to see how fake and cheap the show actually is. It's like a trainwreck really. You just can't look away no matter how bad you want to.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny August 4, 2011

Dumb. Just dumb.

After watching this during a trip to the hospital, I never watched it again. It's dreadful, disturbing, and annoying all in one. The "footage" is obviously fake because they use some of the same actors over and over again. Although it may be slightly informative, I hardly see any educational value. It's just a bunch of violence and gore. Too me, it's more like a horror show. A cheesy horror show. Try MonsterQuest instead.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDylan Mathieu June 28, 2014

Not the best

I have seen a lot of tv shows like this... Truly, this is not the best show for kids under 13. It's gory, frightening for younger viewers and very traumatic. I don't recommend this for kids.
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2012

Pretty Scary

It's a pretty scary show but when I started watching it I just couldn't stop.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

Good show but not for kids.

Good show. My favorite episode is the Jersey Devil. Wow did that beast look so cool. These creatures (execpt Yeti and Werewolves and Vampires) are some mutants I believe. Reccomended for tweens like me. If you like creatures try this show!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow May 7, 2012

Superbly scary and suspensful

This is my favorite TV show of all time. It is VERY scary and suspensful and it is sure to keep you at the edge of your couch the whole time. The Haunted, Finding Bigfoot, and Freak Encounters shall forever hang their heads in shame. Here comes the greatest horror TV show of all recorded human history, and the one that is the least noticeably fake. The third season might ruin it with the costumes and low-budget animatronics and CGI, but the first and second season, which almost never show the whole creature, shall provide chills to your inner core forever. Five stars!
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2012

Good edecatinaol show about cryptids

It is a good show and gives information about the creatures and there are some role models in the show trying to save other people there is a lot of violence in seasons 2-3 on the other side it is a good show
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 February 5, 2012

Not for kids

I like this show. But it's as scary as can be. Not really that it's so scary it's unwatchable but the sheer thought of things like this can be real is terrifying. I suggest to not watch at night or alone. Creepy stuff and it often makes you cower through all the suspense, but it's really good
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2011

Fake!

Very bad show! It is so corny!
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2011

No Sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laugh and no sugar during or after viewing of the show.
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2011

Good for tweens

Good show but it is a little scary sometimes
Kid, 12 years old February 11, 2011

Perfect for 9+

This is one of the best TV shows. Yes, there is swearing and blood, but most of the time you can tell its fake. I believe this stuff didi happen, just its re-enactments. My little sister and her best friend (8 and 9) love this show, and like me, laugh at the gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCodemaster October 20, 2010

Depends on the Viewer

Well, I never did believe that these stories were real, but man, they use a lot of suspense and it can be real scary for a younger kid. I watched the bigfoot episode a few years back, and I was cowering the whole time.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywinterpercussion August 27, 2010

scary

I watched this when I was 12 and I was shaking in fear when I saw deathworm...but I've seen other clips of others and i reliezed these weren't actually real tapes so then you can just laugh at it I guess
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2010

Its ok
Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

cheap junk

do not buy this. they say that these are true stories, but that is just cheap. you really think that this is true? well it isn't. you can tell that most of the time the monster is either a guy in a cheap costume, or cgi to make it look real. in the episodes with sea monsters you can just see some person waving there arms around and pretending to be dragged down by something that isn't there. think about this, if monsters did exist, do you really think they would put it on dvd for the whole world to see?
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2010

Just a show that would be perfect for me. I loke cryptozoology and I love seeing realistic footage of the cryptids. I'd recomend it for any of you who are interested in stories of Bigfoot and Loch Ness Monsters.
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2010

Scary But Fine

this tv show is absolutely fine except that is is very scary and might give you nightmares. its like monsters caught on tape.