Parent Written byfirstavenger11 February 12, 2012

Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byBikeBookBread April 5, 2010

Great for teens, not for littles

Huge fave in our home -- for Mom and Dad. Glad it's on after the littles go to bed. Mature and teens with discernment may be able to sort through the mature themes and even discuss the symbology with Mom and Dad.
Adult Written byYoda123 March 29, 2010

Amazing, complex show. Start at the beginning

In my opinion, the best show on television. The plot is complicated and keeps you guessing, the characters are deep and feel real and there are a lot of positive underlying themes. Redemption, faith, sacrifice and seeing what a person is made of in the worst situation possible all play a role although it's hard to discuss without spoiling anything. Start from the beginning. Don't jump in or you will be lost in the references and the plot will be overly confusing.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLisa Petrie March 10, 2010

How much violence is too much?

I loved the show but feel the violence is over the top for kids. Every other show has torture we think this is ok? All arguments are solved by fists and guns, not a very positive message, and gruesome. My 12-year old is begging me to let her watch-don't know what to do. She can probably sort the values out herself, but the images are just plain gross.
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byRomamis January 29, 2010
I love this show...there has never been any better. Its probably because of the mystery and conversation starters that come about. Now, as for my kids, I donnot let them see it alone nor do they watch new episodes with me. Because of the world we live in, I have filter all shows/movies before they can watch...this goes for LOST too.
Adult Written bycritique May 7, 2009

ALAS, we may know the mystery of Jacob

No, ABC, this is not exclusive to the "Lost" Jacob mystery 5/13 but, a hell of a good way to season finale' hound us to wait for the next, who RELIGIOUSLY watch this outstandingly written story series, J.J. Abrams and associats remove all doubt they incredibly know their biz, when other story writing sucks to the level of, why was a budget spent on mindless junk some productions. No doubt this will offend those writers/produces, GOOD! HUH, you say? Need Mr. R. Blake be quoted from the 80s warning us on then, Merv Griffin show, what some people think when they have a "pocket book" and conclude they know how to make entertainment. Funny, I hear how many our seniors in Madera County CA alone share, "we can't find anything on t.v." worth watching. "Lost" isn't one of their complaints so far if they know of it. Mr. Abrams, associates, cast and crew, we absolutely love this series, can't get enough, when most other shows don't EVEN come close. This P/T writer has addressed other shows and thank the gods most are doing better than might have happened. Lost, doesn't need any input to better. Keep us reeling for more, thanks
Parent of a 14 year old Written byjacob0929 April 2, 2009

lost is great

this show has some cussing (b*tch, h*ll, d*mn, a**. mostly from saywer.) and violence that includes some shootings and graphic images of wounds (both of which are usually bloody or gory.) and some sexual situations are present. jack and sawyer drink beer and jack has drug problems. before charlie died he was a druggie rockstar. i think this show is for a mature 11 or 12.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Favorite TV Show is Never Boring

After the first season you'll be dying to see what happens next.
Adult Written byemmasmom513 April 9, 2008

I love it, but not for young kids.

I really enjoy this show, but I tape it and watch it after my 5-year-old goes to bed. It's much to scary for her.
Parent Written bybetsyboz April 9, 2008
Adult Written byIheartJohnny April 9, 2008

This is my fovorite show on TV. I love trying to figure out what is going on
Adult Written byjkpiggys3 April 9, 2008

suspense and drama

Our family TiVo's this show each week so the kids who must be in bed by 8:30 get a chance to see what's happening on The Island... it builds each episode and we discuss what we believe to be the reasons for the crash and for this particular group of people to be stranded on The Island. The show evokes interesting conversations.
Adult Written byaecdoglover April 9, 2008

Addicting but Violent

Exciting and gripping, but not for kids under 11 because of the violence that may scare them. Lost makes you question things and try to find out the answers to the past and about the island.
Adult Written byrbear April 9, 2008

Thoughtfull but only for older children

I find that the story line deals with many mature habits and issues, while not glorifying eather the good ones or the bad ones. I supect that the aim of the show is to present the issues in a nutural every day situation, while making an intertating story, after all, would you watch a program based on your life?
Adult Written byhorse_gerbil April 9, 2008

Good show.

Not for young children, but otherwise, very great! Small amounts of language, sex, and large amounts of violence. May cause nightmares for younger than 12.
Adult Written bytera_7 April 9, 2008

An amazing show!

A wonderful show that is already in its 3rd season. One must be advised that yound children probably shouldn't be watching it, but a yound teen audience would enjoy!
Adult Written byDestinysMom April 9, 2008

It's about time there's a show on T.V. that's so fantastic I can't wait for the next episode! I LOVE everything about this show! All the characters have me on the edge of my seat each week. This television show is up there with the "X-Files". Fabulous!
Adult Written bymisledvampire April 9, 2008

Awsome Show!

Watched the first episode and have been hooked since. Awsome show! There are alot of charecters, so you have to pay close attention to what's going on or you will get confused. Love this show!!!
Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

One of the best dramas on TV

Lost in one of those shows that can suck you in with just one episode. The plot is intriguing, the characters are likable, and every audience member can enjoy trying to figure out the mysteries of the island. There's not very much offensive content in Lost. Violence is pushing the limit for a TV-14 rating. There's rarely any sex, but there have been a couple of scenes. Language, at its worst, is a few uses of "bitch" or "bastard". My family watches this show together every week, and I'd recommend it for kids 10+.
Adult Written bycrap April 9, 2008

Great Show

Lost is a great show that is directed to older adenices. Many charrecters are killed of and the sex in the show had escalated. Not to mention the violence. This show is scary and you will get nightmare if you are not the horror movie kind of person.