All member reviews for Lost

Teen, 16 years old Written byanonmouse November 12, 2010

One of my favorite shows. I say It's fine for anyone above 10 or so with family and 12 and up should be fine watching alone. Just not the 6th season because it was terrible ;)
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2011

Anyone who is mature can watch.

OK I'm not interested in it like my sister. For sex, people do have sex. And "Shannon" was in a bikini laying on a towel, and she removed her bikini top. The girls dress inappropriately sometimes too. Language, b-tch, d-mn, h-ll, d-mmit. Violence, blood, people die, but its not like real violence people! People fight a lot for negative messages. And "Charlie" was influenced badly by his brother to take drugs.
Teen, 16 years old Written byWebCriticGirl76 January 5, 2011

BEST TV SHOW IN THE ENTIRE USA

It had some inappropriate content, but all I can say is: BEST FRIKIN TV SHOW EVER!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhannerz100 February 11, 2010

Perfect for 9 and up

This show is my favorite show. There will never be another show so amazing as Lost. There is a lot of violence(well, more gore than really violence), and the role models aren't exactly the people you would want your kids to become. But the show is extremely good, the plot pulls you in deeper and deeper every episode. If your kid is under 9, you might want to have them out of the room while you watch it, because there is scary things in it. But if your kid is over that or is mature enough to watch it, go ahead.
Kid, 12 years old June 29, 2014

Amazing Show!

This show is one of my favorite, but It may get a little graphic for younger tweens. The show contains lots of blood and gore that could potentially scare younger tweens and children. If your son/daughter is a mature young adult 12 and up is a great place to start watching this fabulous show!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWayward Girl September 1, 2012

LOST is the best TV show IN THE WORLD!!

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I have lines memorized, books about the show in my room, and I have seen all 6 seasons 4 times. It is that good! Lost is an addicting drama about a plane that crashes on an island and the effects this crash has on the passengers. I don't understand why CommonSense's review states that there are no positive messages. The characters are definitively not perfect role models, but is any role model completely perfect? The whole show surrounds principles like forgiving and forgetting. So there are definitely good messages. I will admit there isn't a lot of characters who are good role models and the reasons why are listed below as I get to the other categories. There is violence; many fist fights, shootings, and stabbings.Lots of blood is shown, but not to the point it's gory. There are also other disturbing images, such as beloved characters drowning, explosions, and a "smoke monster" which might scare younger kids. As far as sex goes, characters get in bed all the time. My family still skips past these scenes even though the youngest of us is 12. Nothing is explicit, but we still don't think they are appropriate. Swearing includes frequent (meaning every episode) uses of S.O.B, heck, dang, sucks, etc. One character is addicted very seriously to heroin, and but characters do drink in flashbacks quite often. All in all, this is a very intriguing and entertaining show, with lots of action, romance, and humor. I would recommend it to any family really, as long as they have adult supervision behind the remote.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA June 3, 2010

Best TV Show Ever?

Never before has a show developed characters like Lost. Never has a show with such intriguing mythology come to television. Never before have we cared about the lives of characters like we do in Lost. The majority of Lost fans cried at the end of season 3 when our favorite drug addict bit the dust. The ending was, of course, very controversial. It provided incredible closure to the series and characters, but left many big questions unanswered. To me, the ending was everything it was supposed to be. It did not answer every question, but I would take closure over questions any day. Best Show Ever? In my opinion, yes.
Kid, 11 years old November 13, 2008

dumb as could be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now come on people!!! this is the worst thing in the world!!!! is was the most borring thing ever!!!!! i hate this show!! all tho i did meet the guy who plays jack. i still think the show sucks. the actors are good but it is the story line!!! it never fully explains every thing or it does not explain it at all!!! dont bother watching this show! two thumbs down!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byhumanoftheyear February 21, 2011

BEST EVER FOR YOUNG ADULTS TO ADULTS

I love lost it is the best teen/ adult series out there and perfect for any night be careful though once you watch one you will never want to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bylostfan18 September 17, 2009

everything covered

this litterally is my favorite show . it has everything that a good show needs. i started watching when i was 10 so i think that it is age appropiate for that age. the part of it about drugs in the show is only in the first season mostly , and it is a good message. i know it sounds weird but it is true . its bout a rock star who c rashes with them, but he is addicted...however he meets a nice girl a good freind and a old faithful guy who helps him quit. its not supporting drugs its against it, and it doesnt show anything about it. the violence is only major in a few episodes buyt it is not with alot of blood.the only sex related part in the whole series that i thought was bad was in 1 episode in the 3rd season, and even that does not show much...its mainly focused on how jack ( a main charactor) reacts to watching it on a surrvailence camera. so watch the show with your kids to, nothing is too bad. i mainly covered everything..but why i said over 10 is because the show is confusing and kids should be old anough to follow the story otherwise they wont like the show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byartificialfruit April 9, 2008

I've been watching this show since it came out its first season. Originally, it was because nothing else was on, but now I'm completely hooked. Its a great drama and a great mystery. Some younger children might become scared at times, but I beleive that this show is okay for most children ages 10 and up. Its a great show with excellent writing and plot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byravvie April 9, 2008

You call this drama?!?!

Again, another stupid television show that's got the lamest plots and tries so hard to be "sophiscated" when it fails miserably. It doesn't make sense to me why people watch this, but oh well, it's your braincells you're wasting. Better shows to waste time with: Life On Mars, and Doctor Who- both shows are wonderfully written, which is not what I can say about this TERRIBLE insult to my intelligence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSpoiler April 16, 2015

Literally the best show ever!!

Everything about this show is amazing!! The story, the writing, the directing, the music, the cast, EVERYTHING!! However, CSM forgot to include some things. For one thing, "son of a bitch" is used in almost every episode *cough*SAWYER*cough*. There's also some inappropriate discussions and sexual scenes, but none of it is gratuitous. But there's quite a bit of violence in later seasons: A lot of characters are shot (including a child), a character gets stabbed repeatedly in the chest and then kicked into a fire. Multiple characters get their throats slashed, one of which is shown gasping/choking and bleeding. One character steps in a bear trap and the wound is shown. Another character takes an axe to the torso. A man gets his arm torn off (not too graphic). Also, Sawyer starts off the show as a heavy drinker and a chain-smoker. And the final issue is that this show is WAy too heavy for younger audiences. It's emotional brutal, and multiple beloved characters face serious emotional pain/trauma. There are, however, great messages in the show.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJonathan K. April 7, 2015

Ages 9 and under!?

First off, I love this show, but how can any of the other kids writing reviews say that it's suitable for 9 year old's? The violence is bloody and cringe-inducing. If it were a movie, it would be rated R. For example: a man gets stabbed in the bicep with a hunting knife. Just the knife sticking out of his arm looks more realistic than anything I've seen in PG-13 movies. But then the knife is removed and blood starts squirting out of the wound. And it's not exactly brief; you see it for quite a while.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjauil11 March 2, 2015

Lost

Lost has an amazing plot, you can tell the writers really used their imaginations, dynamic characters, and an amazing scenery, the plot people did well. Lost also has sexual innuendo at times, violence, some drug use, and some swearing. I would recommend Lost to people who can look past the fact that it's there and understand why it would be important to plot/character, don't show Lost to young kids, there are high tension moments and some rather frightening monsters/moments, especially people who have never flown or are nervous fliers. Personally I thought that the show was rather compelling and a good watch, made your brain work at some points. *** For those interested in showing a cleaner version to kids at one point there was a show called Flight 29 Down on Discovery Kids (now Hub) I think you'd be able to find some episodes somewhere. Along with a parody of Survivor called "Endurance" ***
Teen, 15 years old Written byjake330 March 1, 2015

Good, but confusing

I started watching the show when I was 11. I really liked it, but it was a little confusing. As an 11 year old some of the show didn't really make sense, so I ended up taking a break until I was a little older. There are occasional violent scenes, but all in all there is nothing really bad. As long as kids know the difference between fiction and reality they will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybibliophile22 February 3, 2015

Lost I'd personally my favorite show!

If you are looking for a great TV show for your teens to watch, Lost is just for you! Lost is about the 48 plane survivors on Oceanic Flight 815. Lost is an intense show that will have you hooked after a single episode. Lost covers important topics for teens, from love to sacrifice, from deception to faith. I strongly disagree with whoever says Lost doesn't have any positive role models or positive messages. I believe that once you finish Lost, you will learn to accept that someday we will all die, that death is inevitable, and that we should live life to the fullest. There is some violence, including many beloved character deaths, and multiple torture scenes. There is some sex, but nothing besides bare backs are shown. Lost is certainly a show that will stick with you forever, and I recommend to any mature teen or adult. Yes, Charlie is a heroin addict, but he works to withdraw from it after crashing on the island. He was pressured by his rock star birthday to start taking drugs. There are birth and surgery scenes, but although being a tad graphic, it is fine for mature teenagers. There is alcohol, but that is just part of life as we know it. And there's is swearing, but they avoid the f bomb. I need to add that the acting and music is spectacular. The orchestra is phenomenal, and many of the actors and actresses from the show have been very successful since the show ended, including various awards. I'm thirteen, but as I'm told that I'm mature for my age, I have decided that the average fourteen year old would be fine watching this show. Overall, it is my favorite TV show and I believe that every teen and adult should watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytidal9334 October 12, 2014

My Favourite TV Series

I started watching this when I was 10 (in 2010) and I loved every second of it, I obviously knew that it wasn't really, which is why I never got scared or had nightmares about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymehdoe September 11, 2014

Love It!!!

this has been my favorite tv show since i was 10 i watched the series twice already and now im watching it again for the third time ^-^
Teen, 13 years old Written byjpedro3190 August 11, 2014