All member reviews for MAD

Sometimes crude animated satire is sure to appeal to boys.

Adult Written byKatakama June 24, 2011

Just plain awful

This show is just disgusting and I fail to see how it hasn't been canceled yet. This is a terrible, disgusting, often cruel, sketch compilation show. There is nothing funny about anything in this show. It is based around disgusting humor, making fun of celebrities and other people, and hurting people. The language is rather coarse for a kids show and I don't see how it was approved for a kids network. The even go far enough to kill Lightning McQueen, a popular character from the kids movie, Cars. This show should not be watched by anyone and should be canceled immediately.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker March 23, 2011

The immaturity of it all makes my head spin

Although I can understand why some children may like this show, I disagree with the message it brings. The show is all about picking on other things or people, the younger generation is going to end up a big mess! It's discusting, and very immature. I mean, they rely on poopoo jokes, vomit, violence, and gas.. those things have been played out for years, now it just includes popular topics. Now many people may think I'm just an overstricked teenager, but simply, I can see through the mindless and empty humar. If you let your kids watch this (and if they like to imitate- as many children do) then you'll be hearing a lot of gross jokes from them. Please spare your children from this show, surely their brains will be saved that way.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2010

Not appropriate for any age.

I waited three 12-minute episodes to officially voice my opinion, and now here it is: this show is crude, violent, and not for kids. The FIRST EPISODE parodies Avatar (a five-star movie) and turns into one big joke based off of memes and potty humor. The second episode...THE ANIMATION WAS HORRIBLE, DARK, VIOLENT...I can't even put something that hideous into words. The role models are no one your kids should follow, and also use some crude language you don't want your younger ones repeating. OFF 1-17!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

Cheesey,just cheesey.

THIS SHOW SUCKS! The animation is terrible,the voice acting is annoying,the music sounds like screeches on a chalkboard,AND THE JOKES ARE GROSS,STUPID,AND GAY!!! TAKE THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR NOW!
Educator and Parent Written byMADshouldbecancelled April 5, 2012

dumb

not for kids at all and its just dumb humor that only 1-year olds will ever find funny
Adult Written by00idonthaveaname00 February 16, 2012

Robot chicken for kids.

this show is basically like robot chicken except for kids. the jokes are mainly poop jokes. (haha). or they make fun of real world issues, shows, or stuff in the news. not all of their jokes are funny. i wouldn't really worry about the jokes being inappropriate because your kids won't get them.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2011

Meh...

It's a pretty good show to laugh at sometimes, but I'm not crazy for the show. But the best segment I've ever seen was "Spy vs. Spy" (it's really hard to believe that the segment is always animated by Klasky Csupo). Sometimes I laugh at the parodies for My Little Pony, SpongeBob, Megan Fox, and Dora, but i don't even chuckle at a few of parodies of The Muppets, iCarly, and Thundercats. But every once in a while, I wonder why this was even rated "TV-PG" in the first place. It had a few velgar moments like puke, boogers, and blood, and swear words like "crap", "sucks", "freaking", and "turd". So, this feels more like a "TV-14" than anything else, though it is pretty funny.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Funny Spoofs, got rid of the rude bits, so kids can watch it

Im 12 and dont usally fall for these sort of things. But im a big fan of the MAD magazines and when I heard about the tv show I HAD to check it out. It was pretty funny at parts but stupid at others. Little kids would love it! And its fine for them to watch it, just a bit of poopoo and fart jokes. The lil kids love it!
Adult Written byShizukaVictoria May 31, 2011

The only reason why i gave it an age is because I couldn't post this review without it.

Im sorry to say this show confuses me deeply i don't even know what age range to put it in, for one is because this show focuses on pop culture which of course all teenagers are into, but the humor is very childish to the point where I don't believe children these days make fart and poop jokes like this. I think the graphics in this show are way too unpleasing for the eye, especially how in one scene an acne-ridden boy trys to pop a zit and out comes pus and guts, I'm not even kidding that i almost puked at that scene.Some scenes in this show have made me laugh but sorry to say thats happened about 4 times with how long has this show been on air? I think this show is way too off and predictable with its jokes since(even though they use it on celebrities)the majority of the jokes have been all done before.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub May 18, 2011

Horrible

It is stupid, STUPID I SAY, STUPID. It trys to make fun out of popular tv shows, or movies. And it scares alot of young viewers and shows bad messages, The role models (If they made them) are horrible also, the tv show is pretty much telling you to be ''derpy''
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

Okay show to watch. Not one for the whole family though.

Mad is made up of movie spoofs and parody's. Not as bad as the magazine for adults but still has some crudeness added into it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

WHAT HAS SOCIETY BECOME!?!?

No way jose! How can anyone watch this without throwing up!? And since when is making fun of celebrities and cartoons together funny!? I am enraged! And also EMBARRASSED to live in a era where little kids are taught to make fun of people who are successful in life! MAD is NOT for kids! And never should have been. It IS and always WAS a magazine and comedy show for ADULTS! >:(
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Only for adults!!!

This show is completetly inappropriate, it has alot of swearing/curse words that kids are not allow to see or say it, its got lots of our good stuff that has been made fun of, and none of these stuff are not that funny, its always more stupidest. And its not rated TV-PG, it should be rated TV-MA for mature audiences and it should be on adult swim, because of the language and others. Please don't let your children or teenagers watch this at all, only adults should watch this, because I will not be responsible for any child or teen to watch this at all.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byjulicious September 30, 2010

Sick, sometimes sadistic, always sarcastic humor and lots of parodies of children's shows. Not meant for my son's age, but he's mature for his age and has a very friendly and empathetic personality. I remind him often that these characters are not good to imitate. What can you expect from Mad the cartoon? "crap", "turd", mild offensive humor about poop and doo doo and other gross things. If you are strict about violence or language, you might want to watch this and screen it before letting your kids watch. My son is 8 and the violence factor concerns me. Also, the way death is treated without much regard is something to think about. There is an episode with the dog Blue from Blues Clues dying and another episode with some old guy who passes away on his birthday but they shrug it off and instead celebrate his birthday with the dead guy lying there. There is a parody of the movie 2012, which concerns me because my son is now worried about the end of the world. Also, in one of the skits, there is a bully hamburger that gets a kid in trouble and snickers about it. In another episode a greedy superhero who blows some kids up after getting money from them. Bad role models, but all in the name of humor. If you do let your kid watch it, make sure you talk to him/her about the content of the show so they dont try to emulate the behavior of the bad role models and situations. PS, dont tell your child that there is a magazine for Mad unless you feel they are ready to read the magazine. In my opinion, the magazine is way too mature and meant for young adults, with its references to drinking, and I dont want my son reading it until he's in his late late teens.
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2010

great show

love it its my new fav but bad words like crap are used once but good show
Teen, 14 years old Written byspiderdude2830 September 18, 2010

overall, MAD magazine is a half-hearted attempt at jokes for everyone. I've only met like, 2 people who actually like this stupid hunk of paper that comes out once a month, and they were obviously not bright and they obviously hadn't heard or read anything better in their entire lives. (either that, or they just liked perverse jokes about crotches, absolutely disgusting imagery, and stupidity all around) to sum it up, if you don't want your children to end up saying disgusting unethical things, then you should give up on this magazine.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

2 episode best

the 1st wasnot that but second and its funny
Adult Written bycolina March 19, 2015

It should be 7 and up

I don't see any sex on it or cursing!
Parent of a 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 14, 14, and 17 year old Written byparentof7 March 1, 2015

it should of been on adult swim

why do people like this trash
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2014

Most people don't like it, but I like it because I know all these popularity. Very gross.