All member reviews for MAD

Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker March 23, 2011

The immaturity of it all makes my head spin

Although I can understand why some children may like this show, I disagree with the message it brings. The show is all about picking on other things or people, the younger generation is going to end up a big mess! It's discusting, and very immature. I mean, they rely on poopoo jokes, vomit, violence, and gas.. those things have been played out for years, now it just includes popular topics. Now many people may think I'm just an overstricked teenager, but simply, I can see through the mindless and empty humar. If you let your kids watch this (and if they like to imitate- as many children do) then you'll be hearing a lot of gross jokes from them. Please spare your children from this show, surely their brains will be saved that way.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2010

Not appropriate for any age.

I waited three 12-minute episodes to officially voice my opinion, and now here it is: this show is crude, violent, and not for kids. The FIRST EPISODE parodies Avatar (a five-star movie) and turns into one big joke based off of memes and potty humor. The second episode...THE ANIMATION WAS HORRIBLE, DARK, VIOLENT...I can't even put something that hideous into words. The role models are no one your kids should follow, and also use some crude language you don't want your younger ones repeating. OFF 1-17!
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2011

A cony show that crudely mocks more popular shows.

Seen it a few times. It is a very crude show with cheesy jokes. Every once in a while they show something to laugh about, but it is not worth watching. Some might say that certain parts of the show could scare younger kids. They just aired an episode with where-wolves that blew up and their eyeballs landed on the camra lense. All in all, it is a gross, corny show with no interesting story line.
Kid, 9 years old March 14, 2011

Parody show more popular with boys than others - Very Funny show.

In MAD, just like the magazine, they have parodies of TV shows and Movies, but they don't take it too seriously.The consumerism list is really long here, iCarly, Star Trek, Man vs. Wild, Toy Story 3, Clifford, and a lot more products are used.The sex is something not other than sex - mainly jokes about poop and farts.The show somehow is really funny, it's awesome, it's just hilarious.The language is ''crap'' ''sucks'' ''stupid'' and the highest one they've ever used is a fullly bleeped f--k.There are explosions, weapons, fighting, so you expect violence.It's pretty much a slighty bigger than medium TV-PG.Great show, check it out.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

WHAT HAS SOCIETY BECOME!?!?

No way jose! How can anyone watch this without throwing up!? And since when is making fun of celebrities and cartoons together funny!? I am enraged! And also EMBARRASSED to live in a era where little kids are taught to make fun of people who are successful in life! MAD is NOT for kids! And never should have been. It IS and always WAS a magazine and comedy show for ADULTS! >:(
Kid, 10 years old March 25, 2011

Funny for kids 10+

Super Funny Show! :) LOL X 100
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2011

Language is Stupid!

Ok, almost anything on this show can make me throw up! Does' nt anybody understand it is too stupid for little kids to watch! First of all, it is very annoying and weird. Whenever I see this, I am like "What the heck is wrong with this show?" And the language is poop. Do you even want to let your kids watch this? There is a bunch of swearing which your kids should never hear!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub May 18, 2011

Horrible

It is stupid, STUPID I SAY, STUPID. It trys to make fun out of popular tv shows, or movies. And it scares alot of young viewers and shows bad messages, The role models (If they made them) are horrible also, the tv show is pretty much telling you to be ''derpy''
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2011

Idiocy at it's finest.

I'll admit it, I read MAD Magazine, it has ridiculously crude humor, and even some clever political refrences are stashed in there. So when I decided to see the MAD cartoon, I was truly astounded. I was amazed at the refrences they pulled off (*cough*pedobear*cough*). The wacky animation is enough to keep younger kids interested and the refrences are bound to make any internet goer laugh. I wish it kept in the political humor, but you can't win everything. Why am I praising this truly stupid show? Because it's self aware, it knows it's terribly dumb, and that's why it's hilarious.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

2 episode best

the 1st wasnot that but second and its funny
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

Okay show to watch. Not one for the whole family though.

Mad is made up of movie spoofs and parody's. Not as bad as the magazine for adults but still has some crudeness added into it.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

Oh yes. Those celebrities had it coming.

I have to say, I give this one 2 thumbs up! They are the only ones with the bravery to make fun of pop culture without being sued! Awesome show and humor! Remember, some messages in the show are good and some are bad!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Only for adults!!!

This show is completetly inappropriate, it has alot of swearing/curse words that kids are not allow to see or say it, its got lots of our good stuff that has been made fun of, and none of these stuff are not that funny, its always more stupidest. And its not rated TV-PG, it should be rated TV-MA for mature audiences and it should be on adult swim, because of the language and others. Please don't let your children or teenagers watch this at all, only adults should watch this, because I will not be responsible for any child or teen to watch this at all.
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2010

great show

love it its my new fav but bad words like crap are used once but good show
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Funny Spoofs, got rid of the rude bits, so kids can watch it

Im 12 and dont usally fall for these sort of things. But im a big fan of the MAD magazines and when I heard about the tv show I HAD to check it out. It was pretty funny at parts but stupid at others. Little kids would love it! And its fine for them to watch it, just a bit of poopoo and fart jokes. The lil kids love it!
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2010

I like this show, but it does have some content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byspiderdude2830 September 18, 2010

overall, MAD magazine is a half-hearted attempt at jokes for everyone. I've only met like, 2 people who actually like this stupid hunk of paper that comes out once a month, and they were obviously not bright and they obviously hadn't heard or read anything better in their entire lives. (either that, or they just liked perverse jokes about crotches, absolutely disgusting imagery, and stupidity all around) to sum it up, if you don't want your children to end up saying disgusting unethical things, then you should give up on this magazine.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2011

Wake up!

This show is HILARIOUS- I love it! It parodies pop culture- stuff that's trending is likely to get on the show. I'm 100% GIRL and I think it's FINE! The review says it's full of fart jokes... wait, what? All of them are really subtle, or are just transitions in between the skits, maybe just a small joke. So what? Almost every kid watches Spongebob Squarepants, or Fanboy and Chumchum or something like that, and I think that those shows has MORE IMMATURE POTTY HUMOR than MAD. (Episodes of Spongebob often RELY on toilet humor to be funny...) MAD has had comical violence, like someone exploding or being eaten, but nothing much worse than Looney Tunes. Violence is NOT GRAPHIC. Well, overall, Cartoon Network ISN'T for your 6 year old, or you: an adult. Most shows are directed at kids aged 9-14... for younger/less mature kids, watch Nickelodeon instead- it's directed at a younger audience. As for you adults, I suggest watching Comedy Central or something... better for grown-ups than cartoon network or nickelodeon.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDaniBallerina March 3, 2013

Your super fly, Uh I could be ur kryptonite

I hate how they do spoofs, it's just demeaning to actors and their movies, seems like copyright too, doesn't it seem to make fun of some award winning entertainment? Its like they have no care, but just to TRY to be funny. Like CSM said, appealing to BOYS, Very crazy at points too...
Kid, 9 years old September 10, 2012

On for 12+? NO WAY!

Why did CSM think it's on for 12+? How about CSM changes the age to 10+ instead?