All member reviews for MAD

Teen, 14 years old Written byJusticeSeeker March 23, 2011

The immaturity of it all makes my head spin

Although I can understand why some children may like this show, I disagree with the message it brings. The show is all about picking on other things or people, the younger generation is going to end up a big mess! It's discusting, and very immature. I mean, they rely on poopoo jokes, vomit, violence, and gas.. those things have been played out for years, now it just includes popular topics. Now many people may think I'm just an overstricked teenager, but simply, I can see through the mindless and empty humar. If you let your kids watch this (and if they like to imitate- as many children do) then you'll be hearing a lot of gross jokes from them. Please spare your children from this show, surely their brains will be saved that way.
Kid, 9 years old September 18, 2010

Not appropriate for any age.

I waited three 12-minute episodes to officially voice my opinion, and now here it is: this show is crude, violent, and not for kids. The FIRST EPISODE parodies Avatar (a five-star movie) and turns into one big joke based off of memes and potty humor. The second episode...THE ANIMATION WAS HORRIBLE, DARK, VIOLENT...I can't even put something that hideous into words. The role models are no one your kids should follow, and also use some crude language you don't want your younger ones repeating. OFF 1-17!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne February 27, 2011

WHAT HAS SOCIETY BECOME!?!?

No way jose! How can anyone watch this without throwing up!? And since when is making fun of celebrities and cartoons together funny!? I am enraged! And also EMBARRASSED to live in a era where little kids are taught to make fun of people who are successful in life! MAD is NOT for kids! And never should have been. It IS and always WAS a magazine and comedy show for ADULTS! >:(
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 October 27, 2010

Only for adults!!!

This show is completetly inappropriate, it has alot of swearing/curse words that kids are not allow to see or say it, its got lots of our good stuff that has been made fun of, and none of these stuff are not that funny, its always more stupidest. And its not rated TV-PG, it should be rated TV-MA for mature audiences and it should be on adult swim, because of the language and others. Please don't let your children or teenagers watch this at all, only adults should watch this, because I will not be responsible for any child or teen to watch this at all.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool May 30, 2012

Cheesey,just cheesey.

THIS SHOW SUCKS! The animation is terrible,the voice acting is annoying,the music sounds like screeches on a chalkboard,AND THE JOKES ARE GROSS,STUPID,AND GAY!!! TAKE THIS SHOW OFF THE AIR NOW!
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2011

Meh...

It's a pretty good show to laugh at sometimes, but I'm not crazy for the show. But the best segment I've ever seen was "Spy vs. Spy" (it's really hard to believe that the segment is always animated by Klasky Csupo). Sometimes I laugh at the parodies for My Little Pony, SpongeBob, Megan Fox, and Dora, but i don't even chuckle at a few of parodies of The Muppets, iCarly, and Thundercats. But every once in a while, I wonder why this was even rated "TV-PG" in the first place. It had a few velgar moments like puke, boogers, and blood, and swear words like "crap", "sucks", "freaking", and "turd". So, this feels more like a "TV-14" than anything else, though it is pretty funny.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

Funny Spoofs, got rid of the rude bits, so kids can watch it

Im 12 and dont usally fall for these sort of things. But im a big fan of the MAD magazines and when I heard about the tv show I HAD to check it out. It was pretty funny at parts but stupid at others. Little kids would love it! And its fine for them to watch it, just a bit of poopoo and fart jokes. The lil kids love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiloub May 18, 2011

Horrible

It is stupid, STUPID I SAY, STUPID. It trys to make fun out of popular tv shows, or movies. And it scares alot of young viewers and shows bad messages, The role models (If they made them) are horrible also, the tv show is pretty much telling you to be ''derpy''
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

Okay show to watch. Not one for the whole family though.

Mad is made up of movie spoofs and parody's. Not as bad as the magazine for adults but still has some crudeness added into it.
Kid, 8 years old September 19, 2010

great show

love it its my new fav but bad words like crap are used once but good show
Teen, 14 years old Written byspiderdude2830 September 18, 2010

overall, MAD magazine is a half-hearted attempt at jokes for everyone. I've only met like, 2 people who actually like this stupid hunk of paper that comes out once a month, and they were obviously not bright and they obviously hadn't heard or read anything better in their entire lives. (either that, or they just liked perverse jokes about crotches, absolutely disgusting imagery, and stupidity all around) to sum it up, if you don't want your children to end up saying disgusting unethical things, then you should give up on this magazine.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

2 episode best

the 1st wasnot that but second and its funny
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2015

I have watched one episode of Mad with my younger cousins. They all think that it's hilarious with the gross jokes and explosions while it is in fact racist, violent, and all over inappropriate. Even as a tween, I consider "crap" as a bad word and I fail to see why it is a children's show. There are many spoofs and parodies of other shows, movies, characters, etc. It's also racist when they use stereotypes ( i.e black = bad attitude,etc. asian=chinese, smart, etc.) The language is bad, the characters are bad, the plots are bad. Why don't we publish a magazine for it too? Even though Cartoon Network is my favorite channel, they have some inexcusable adult shows like Regular Show. Don't bother watching it, it's what it says it is, crap.
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2014

Most people don't like it, but I like it because I know all these popularity. Very gross.
Teen, 17 years old Written byknucklesechidna5. August 31, 2014

Horrible show

This is the dumbest, most innappropriate show CN has ever made. It's not even funny. I barely find any of the jokes funny. It should be on adult swim
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2014

NOT APPROPRIATE

should be a show on Adult Swim!!!!! I hate every part of it.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2014

I've watched like 5 episodes so far, and I already love this show!

This show will bring laughter to your tween/teen. This show makes fun of many celebrities, shows, and movies such as Selena Gomez, Lady Gaga (celebs), Sam and Cat, Yo Gabba Gabba (Popular TV shows.) Parents should know that most children that are 8-9 years old might only get some of the parodies and jokes on the show, and kids 7 and under are not going to understand the humor. Many mothers will not like the amount of violence that is on the show, and you need to make sure that children who watch the show know the difference between make believe and reality, and children need to know the difference between good behavior and rude behavior. This show is recommended for tween boys.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySees Little March 7, 2014

Mad gets subtle

Mad is a great TV show with a lot of variety, and most of the inappropriate stuff is either subtle, or not enough to freak out about.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoel R. Atkinson December 30, 2013

WAS a great show. Negative reviews from sensitive KIDS made the show go off the air

Kids and most people who review this show do not get the humor and are offended that the show parodies their favorite shows and movies. The kids who diss this show are not matured enough for the humor, and they are most likely the reason this show went off the air. At least the magazine has been around for over 60 years, and will probably go on for another 60 years.
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2013

What has this society come to...

when we have things like this show. I hate that it says "Sometimes crude animated satire is sure to appeal to boys." because i hate this show and i'm a boy, the show has made fun of popular and good T.V. shows and turned it into this. I have been so annoyed and all the people in my school are like "Yaaay, this show is amazing, tee hee its making fun of a show huehuehuehue" I mean give me a break, even the channel is becoming terrible. Cartoon Network used to have good shows like The Powerpuff Girls or Dexter's Laboratory but now we have this.