All member reviews for Major Crimes

A strong female lead anchors gripping crime drama.

Age

Parent Written byGtoG July 1, 2013

Major Crimes, Better than, The Closer??

I didn't think that after a wonderful actress such as Kyra Sedgwick taking the lead in The Closer, that a "spin-off" from it could be anything other than a disappointment. Wow, was I wrong! Mary McDonnell is not only good, but dare I say, even better!! If you like police dramas, Major Crimes certainly won't disappoint. The stories are well written with just the right mix of serious intensity and perfectly timed humor. The stories get the viewer involved with the characters perfectly. The outstanding cast with their wonderful chemistry really make the show one of the better shows on any network today. Congratulations to TNT for bringing fine television to a world loaded with shows that are contrary to the intellect and insulting to the senses.
Educator and Parent Written byJared Galczynski May 13, 2014

Major AY MAYRA. AY, it's got as much MAYRA as its Kyra Sedgwick predecessor, The Closer. But it's got quite a bit of bloody dead bodies involved that maybe to surely little ones won't appreciate.
Parent Written byroccobollotta July 14, 2015

RUSTY

Frankly, I thought this was a great show, right up there with Blue Bloods and the like, UNTIL RUSTY SHOWED UP. Since then I'm getting more and more turned off. Not only because of the gay thing that is being forced down our throats watching the show, but more because he is totally IRRELEVANT to the show. Truthfully everytime he comes on the screen I fast forward till he's off the screen and I feel I missed nothing because the good police work part of the show goes on. Not only am I not interested in Rusty's love life or his awful play at journalism, I have no interest whatsoever in this idiot character that has nothing top do with the show. Somebody writing, please kill off or remove this distraction from an otherwise good show.