All member reviews for Making Fiends

Edgy, wickedly funny 'toon based on Web series.

Teen, 14 years old Written byInvader_Zib March 23, 2009

AWESOME!!!!

Kay, I know what i said about Nick, But i watched a marathon of this show and I LOVED IT!!! Surely, YU AND NICK CANNOT BE THE SAME COMPANY!!!! I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! I LUV YU GUYS!! YU ROCK! ~InvaderZib~ (THE ALIEN LOVE CHILD!!)
Teen, 13 years old Written bycatsaremyfriends August 10, 2011

You need to think.

I think you need to be at least ten to appreciate this show. You need to be able to understand the hidden messages behind it. Take a close look: Vendetta, the "pantaganist" as l like to call her, has total control of everyone around her. They bow to her whims like slaves. Everyone, that is, except Charlotte. Of course, Charlotte doesn't realize it, but her niceness gets under Vendetta's skin. She's unafraid and immune to Vendetta's malice. It's kind of deep, actually. You have two extremes that show you : it all depends on how you look at things. To Vendetta, the world is dark and everyone and everything around her is stupid. But Charlotte's positive, happy, pretty spin on things counteracts the darkness. Charlotte's not stupid, she sees things in a brighter light.
Kid, 11 years old June 12, 2011

Good Show, More For Tweens and Teens

I like this show, though it is dark and strangely funny , like Invader Zim. Vendetta often says, "stupid girl", and in the web series, a boy says, "That is the cat from hell!", so once again, more aimed at tweens and teens
Parent of a 6 year old Written byAHMommy September 9, 2009

unacceptable for any child to watch this show.

absolutely ridiculous, and for a parent to vouch for this type of behavior, they are ridiculous, as well. my children will not watch a show that promotes another child trying to destroy another because of her hate for kindness. no way. and my children are no longer allowed to watch nickelodeon since this behavior meets the 'standard' for there shows.... absurd behavior.
Kid, 12 years old October 2, 2011

It's okay.

It isn't too funny, but there are a few good laughs here and there. The messages aren't really prominent, but they should be obvious for its target audience. Overall, though this was entertaining, it isn't exactly my favourite.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJeusus-Christ man37 July 27, 2011

Love it!

This is also one of my favorites. They used great animation to make this Television Show. I started watching this after Common sense redesigned the website so I am comfused if this show sends good messages or not. It's very funny! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old July 17, 2011

GOOD FOR TEENS AND MID-PRETEENS

i like the internet series and i like the tv show but, the fiends are a little rough. vandetta tries to destroy charlette. so i would say 10+
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byTiki Mama October 17, 2009

Fun for Mom and kids

This is the only cartoon I enjoy watching with my kids. So for that reason alone I have to highly recommend it. The humor and animation are unique - it all makes me giggle, which makes my boys giggle. Have fun!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny July 4, 2011

Unique animation and colorful characters!

Making Fiends is one of those darker kids' shows, like Invader Zim. It follows the exploits of a little girl named Vendetta and the many fiends she creates to try to defeat her worst nemesis, Charlotte. After Charlotte joins her school, Vendetta and her giant hamster Grudge try to defeat her, but always seem to fail, due to the fact that Charlotte is a bit too happy and dumb. No matter how many perilous situations she's thrown into by one of Vendetta's plans, she always remains unhurt. A very unique premise. It looks like a show for little kids, but is actually for older kids. One thing brilliant about this show is the animation style. Although it may be cheap-looking, the colors and the character design makes this a great, but odd, win. It's just hard to explain. You'll just have to see it for yourself. Kids shouldn't imitate Vendetta's behavior and actions, though.
Adult Written byneoking2002_neo September 5, 2010

Great Internet Series

Amy Winfrey always had fun kid-appropriate flash cartoons, Making Fiends is no exception. I've watched a few on the Internet, at least it's better than certain blood-filled internet cartoon disguised like a kiddie show.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne April 17, 2011

WAY too dark!

A show about a cheery, smart girl trapped in a nightmare world with a friend that's always trying to destroy her? PASS. It's just creepy and SO wrong.
Educator and Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 July 15, 2010

Dark and edgy but also funny and light.

I love this show's humor and dark themes!! This show is great for the whole family. Its about a little girl who wants to destroy another little girl because of her hatred for kindness. I know this sounds bad.....well it is but the shows animation is to elementary to be scary or nightmarish. Its appealing to kids and adults alike!! But this show is only acceptable for kids who can distinguish between real and fantasy because you dont want your child to behave like Vendetta (main character) at all.
Kid, 12 years old June 22, 2010

Making Friends with KinbJune

This was a very funny "Tom and Jerry" theme. It was very cool to watch and I'm so sorry this show got canceled. The people who canceled it were probably drunk or high. It can be scary at times, but it is so cute too!
Kid, 9 years old December 12, 2009

dude best show eva i mean it rules im watchin it now on my laptop so not for kids 2-6 but still cool
Kid, 9 years old November 6, 2010

Funny perfect for 10 year olds
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2009

It's all right.

I said positive message because Charlett sends a good message to always stay positive even when someone's trying to destroy you.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysnack January 18, 2009

Great, dark cartoon - but not for the little ones!

I'm a big fan of cartoons and kids shows that appeal to both adults and children (Upside Down Show, to name one), and this is one of those shows! But, it's not for the younger set. The humor, tone and characters are suited for kids 6+, as it deals with monsters and a very evil little girl. It's a clever, well written show that will be too strange and scary for kids younger than 5 years old. One of the most original kid's shows in years that should stand the test of time - just watch it first before you let your little ones see it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJohnnycade7 June 9, 2012

I agree with catsaremyfriends and Blue-Bunny completely, show is perfect as long as little ones are guided through.

The whole plot is full of deep morals and (as long as you're there to point them out) children will learn the right things; Vendetta is coldhearted, malicious, pessimistic, controlling, and ignorant. Charlotte is sweet, kind, optimistic, helpful, selfless, and innocent. Vendetta and her hamster, Grudge (who's not exactly evil but is loyal to Vendetta) use their unique talents of the creation of life to scare the townspeople into doing her bidding and making things go her way. Then along comes Charlotte with her knack for seeing things as they truly are: beautiful, and for the first time things actually don't go her way. Vendetta hates this, and also finds it a waste of time to be cheerful calling her and her ways stupid. At one point she tries to be like her so she can win; but she's just too ignorant and blinded by her pessimism to see the truth, let alone see that things would fall into place if she didn't try to control things so much and just be happy with what she has like Charlotte. Charlotte's innocence makes her invulnerable to Vendetta's terrible ways of making the world seem cold and dark by scaring her, and her optimism makes her brave in the conflicts of Vendetta's evil creations and in turn makes her creatures good. (Including Grudge himself) Vendetta hates everything about her at this point. She seeks out to destroy Charlotte at all costs! But whenever Vendetta tries to get rid of Charlotte she ends up being the one who gets hurt herself and Charlotte ends up walking away as happy as ever! This all comes together in a very nice way and is chock full of good morals such as: beauty comes from within, good always wins, jealousy is never rewarded, positivity is followed by victory, and it's better to be loved than feared. If this weren't enough, even though the animation is very colorful and includes a very diverse and original cast of characters into the show who are all completely three-dimensional. So, even though the humor is a little dark, as long as you talk the little ones through, this show is perfect in every way by being unique and balanced. You have to see it for yourself!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 27, 2009

IT SAYS THE "H" WORD.

IT TALKS ABOUT GUNS!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byParamoreFan09 December 16, 2014

Repetitive, dark, yet oddly charming

I watched this as a tween back when it aired on Nickelodeon and had long forgotten about it until recently! At age 11, I thought this show was really odd and wasn't sure what the target audience was because of the childlike animation. Like someone else said, I think it's hard for younger audiences to appreciate it. I still found it very entertaining back then but it wasn't as cool to me then as it is now. I have to say, though, I've just rewatched the entire show and as an 18 year old I thoroughly enjoyed it. The plot is very simplistic, and for the majority of the episodes the premise is essentially the same, but every episode is very entertaining to me. Although this was played on Nickelodeon and works for kids, I think the original target audience of the original online web show is all ages. I don't know what it is that makes this show so addictive, but its dark themes and blatantly evil character are refreshing in the sea of kids' shows that try to force messages down kids' throats. The simple animation and colors are also very aesthetically pleasing. It's just a fun little thing, bummer it's so obscure. It's unfortunate that Nickelodeon cancelled it so promptly because the newfound budget was a definite improvement from the web cartoon. Still, I would definitely recommend looking for it on the Making Fiends website or elsewhere to watch it if you're into more alternative, dark, imaginative cartoons. Also, I would like to point out, Vendetta has a heavy Bulgarian accent, which isn't even REMOTELY similar to a German one. So no, the show isn't using German as a 'stand-in for evil', whatever that means. Just a bit of fact checking can improve the validity of these reviews...