All teen and kid member reviews for Mako Mermaids: An H2O Adventure

Teen, 16 years old Written byrebma97 August 8, 2013

Okag Sequel To H2O

"Make Mermaids" is a decent sequel to "H2O". While it's not the best show out there, it's entertaining enough. Personally I prefer "H2O", but only slightly (I never loved that series). Parents should know that the mermaids, like in "H2O", wear bras and have their stomaches out, and the merman (Zac) is shirtless. Also, the mermaids are naked when they turn into humans. There are also relationships, which involve a little kissing. But overall it's fine for kids.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Good

Not as good as H2O: Just add water, but still pretty good...
Teen, 16 years old Written byindierose May 29, 2015

Mako mermaids is definite yes for me

All of the little girls I babysit adore this show. I've watched all the episodes, and aside from the cheesy acting, it's pretty good. The only concern parents may have is bareness that the mermaids show in the beginning (doesn't show anything though) and Zac is shirtless a lot. However I think this is more appropriate for kids than H2O was. There's no real makeout scenes or anything. Sometimes the characters 'Zac and Evie' cuddle. But not anything major league. And there is kissing, but no making out. Just little kisses. No swearing, violence or drinking. And there are some very good role models. I find "Serena" being a favorite of mine. She's a very cute character.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNicoleM 2 February 14, 2015

Eh...

Overall, this show was just disappointing. The original show, H2O: Just Add Water, was wonderful and when I found out there was a modern spin off, I was so excited. It was horrible. No likable characters that stood out. The plot was interesting, adding a merman, however it was ruined by the lack of development. Season 1 was bearable, I didn't quite want to punch my screen. As soon as Season 2 came I completely stopped. Zach, I never thought a person could be THAT stubborn and self-contained. The introduction of two new mermaids replacing nixie and lyla was one of the worst mistakes they've made. Evie is just a plain out unlikable person despite the fact that her role is supposed to be a relatable character. Unfortunately I couldn't rate half stars, otherwise I would've rated this show a 2 1/2. Don't bother.
Teen, 17 years old Written byshristika October 13, 2013

mako mermaids

i think mako mermaids is a really good and exciting programme to watch espically for kids and also for teenage people as well.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2013

Horrible show! (Just add water is better!)

I hate this tv show! I will never watch it again I only watched less then half of it at my friends house. If you want to watch something with mermaids try just add water it is soooo much better! I will NEVER EVER watch this again!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2013

could it be better ?

they shold add the chacters from h2o just add water to make it better
Teen, 13 years old Written byravenclawforever February 16, 2015

Not as good as H2o but still good.

Good show. Geared for tweens and teens. Don't be fooled that its for little kids because it has mermaids. Nothing inappropriate but won't be understood by most kids under 8 or 9.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLyca Emerson September 16, 2013

mako mermaid is awesome u should watch it i know u will love it

my family and I loved it and im waiting for another season i love mako mermaid I watch over and over and i think u will too
Teen, 13 years old Written bycece latchison February 8, 2014

mako mermaids/h2o

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpike-G. July 17, 2015

Don't bother if you're serious

I don't like this show. I was once a fan of the original "H2O: Just Add Water" series. Honestly, me and my sister watch it just for laughs. Which we accomplish by making fun of it. I'm not saying a guy becoming a merman is bad, I'm just saying it's really random in this franchise.