All member reviews for Man vs. Wild

How not to die in the wilderness -- tweens and up.

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Man vs. Wild

Great show! Not as good as Survivorman in my opinion, but still a fun, educational show to watch. He sure does bring spunk and energy, but some of his survival techniques seem pretty unnecessary, unless of course you need to be absolutly desperate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 10, 2011

Good for 9+

Some things Bear Grylles does (eats live bugs, hermit crabs, termites, etc.) are gross. Though the ratings say nudity, it is very rare; I have seen a lot of Man vs. Wild episodes, and barely any have depicted nudity, and if at all, mostly just his chest. Very fascinating, and good to learn survival tips (God forbid you ever are stranded in the wilderness. Very entertaining. Good for 9+
Parent of a 17 year old Written byh8realitytv April 18, 2010

Aside from all the unmentioned "assisantance" the guy gets, I too am disgusted by why animals must be killed for viewers entertainmentl. I am not a "PETA" lover, but seeing animals senselessly killed for ratings is disgusting. I do not see why discovery rates this show PG. It should be R or even X since the killings are real.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byCoachT January 15, 2010

Real life Survivor...great for the whole family.

My family loves this show, correction me and my boys love this show my wife gets grossed out when he eats raw fish/animals. Us "men" are simply amazed by what he does. Very entertaining and educational. Who knew how easy it can be to survive these situations!...If you're not afraid of eating scorpions and climbing up trees to make your nights resting place...LOL
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010

This show is kinda a phony. I mean he does tough out the harsh places. But he has about 5 people with him the whole time. And as soon as season 4 hit he was butt naked in every episode. Only the Arctic Circle is completely censored
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2010

Even though Bear Gryllis encounters some non-realistic situations, it has great survival tips. I do think he does take off his clothes too much for kids under 8 to see. Overall, it is a great show. truly for entertainment purposes in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

Best TV show ever!

I love this show so much! It's a great nature/survival show if your feeling the mood to watch something like that. I love it!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byHopeless July 31, 2009

Fine for 10+, there's some nudity..blurred out of course when he bathes, as for the "terrible" killing of animals, uhmm...would u let the animals live if you had to survive?...or would you eat them...thats what is being portrayed here. How to SURVIVE..not how to save the poor animals and starve to death..
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

AWESOME!

This show's pretty good. I like watching it and so does my brother.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjfbrown42 August 26, 2009

Now for a nice cup of pine needle tea... Lots of vitamins

This is a pretty entertaining show. Some of the stuff he has to eat (bugs, etc.) is pretty gross, but that's what you need to do to survive, which is what this show is about. For many kids, this show is the closest they will get to being in the wilderness, and god forbid, if they ever got stranded in the wilderness alone (e.g., a plane crash) I hope they might remember some of what they learn (finding safe water to drink, seeking shelter, building a fire) to help them survive.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

man vs review

its great i think it educates people and how to survive in the wild very very minimum blood and its real but its safe and not bad at all.
Adult Written byTinyToya July 9, 2011

Unrealistic for the Average Man

This show just seems very unrealistic to me. Bear Grylls is extremely fit and can be seen jumping from planes, climbing mountains, and swinging from ropes; things the average American cannot do! He also kills snakes, camels, or anything he can get his hands on and eats it at once. I don't think he needs to kill animals like that. He does it almost senselessly and without much gratitude for the animal's unnecessary death. We all know he receives assistance from his crew so at least leave animals alone. I am not obssessed with animals, but he could demonstrate things without actually doing them.
Adult Written byJackisthebest June 10, 2009

Pretty nasty at some parts

I like the idea about a guy trying to survive,but cmon drinking your pee,eating raw lizards,eating insects.Its still interesting though.You can get the dvd here http://moourl.com/m05ae
Teen, 14 years old Written byL3HNZ August 17, 2009

Bear Grylls is the man!

last episode he cut a deer's heart out and sliced its throat. EPIC.
Adult Written byIHEARTGOTH22 June 25, 2009

awesome show!

awesome show but i wouldnt let a little kid watch it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 6, 2010

It's important for our survival.. but not food for the faint of heart

I've always thought it was pretty cool, that if you ever get lost you would know what to do. Sometimes his crew helps him, but usually its just to record it all, sometimes he does it himself! I know it is a little phony at times, but usually its pretty well done. I can't help but look away though has he kills animals to eat (to eat and what NOT to eat) plus its rather discusting. I like the episode when he's stuck out at sea, that was pretty awesome (not for ACTUAL people lost at sea though, that would not be fun) A lot of the places he goes is actually kinda cool, and he is trying to show what to do if you ever get stuck in the wild (some people do, a lot of people do everyday) so its really quite nessessary.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009

Very entertaining

I sort of like it but sometimes it can get alittle gross at times.But overall its an awesme show. It shows how peple can actually survive in the wild. Plus tips
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2011

Bear taking on wilderness - Survival show good for tweens and up.

Bear Grylls and his camera crew basically survive in dangerous wildernesses such as the desert, remote island, etc.Survival is actually intresting for tweens and up, Bear is not a threat here.He teaches you how to survive in the wild, included by techniques used by special forces and information about endangered species.I love it myself and find it intresting, although when he's naked on tv, all his privates are blurred.But however, his butt is sometimes exposed which i don't think young viewers need to see.The point is, Man vs. Wild is actually a great show, i would recommend it for family but not for people aged 7 and under.So, whenever you have a chance, gather the family and learn a thing or two on Man vs. Wild.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn October 8, 2009

This is a great show. Very educational, and very entertaining. Very addicting, you can't just watch one episode of this show.
Adult Written byKrbbup June 10, 2009

Good Idea, But Terrible for Animal Lovers.

Before this show came out, my family watched Survivor Man and we thought it was pretty good. I am a huge animal lover and some parts of that show are just terrible. When Man Vs. Wild came out, we were very excited, but I soon found out that it was even worse. Animals are torn apart and eaten right on the spot in horrible ways. He has no respect for them at all and it is so not necessary. He also goes without clothes sometimes and makes everything out to be life and death (when it is not). I am very angry with him and I hardly ever watch the show now.