All member reviews for Man vs. Wild

How not to die in the wilderness -- tweens and up.

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Man vs. Wild

Great show! Not as good as Survivorman in my opinion, but still a fun, educational show to watch. He sure does bring spunk and energy, but some of his survival techniques seem pretty unnecessary, unless of course you need to be absolutly desperate.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byh8realitytv April 18, 2010

Aside from all the unmentioned "assisantance" the guy gets, I too am disgusted by why animals must be killed for viewers entertainmentl. I am not a "PETA" lover, but seeing animals senselessly killed for ratings is disgusting. I do not see why discovery rates this show PG. It should be R or even X since the killings are real.
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

AWESOME!

This show's pretty good. I like watching it and so does my brother.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

How to survive

Violence: 1/8 Bear is in dangerous situations. Sex: 1/8 Bear must sometimes get naked. His private parts are blurred, but his bare butt is exposed.
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2014

good

Bear gets naked some times, but everything is blurred out so it is not that bad. If you don't like seeing somebody eat big maggots, blood from a ox, an eye from a ox, scorpions, lizards, snakes and spiders then don't watch it. But if you don't care, then it is a good show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

cool survival show

Bear Grilles is allways in a dangerous situation and has to kill.animals, but.it's for food. Bear Grilles must sometimes get naked. His genitals are blurred, you see his backside.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywertj August 24, 2014

IT SHOULD BE TVMA

his BUTT is shown most of the episodes !its really inappropriate ITS JUST SOFTCORE HE IS KILLING A LOT OF ANIMALS IN EVERY EPISODE HE IS A M*****F***ER AND A H*RNY W**RE
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2013

Don't judge a kid by it's age

I watched this when I was only 6. I just ignored the bad words. I was a six-year old on the outside, mature tween on the inside. Some kids are actually young on the outisde but mature on the inside.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012

my fave educational show

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I ticked violence because he often has to tackle animals and kill small mammals for food when he is in the wild looking for food. I ticked language because sometimes he swears but it is bleeped out. This show is very education actually with Bear Grylls being the amazing role model. He tells you lots about places in the world and about the animals there
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Best survival show by far!

This has been my favorite survival show since it first aired. Bear Grylls is basically my roll model and I love the way he engages the audience. some times there is partial nudity and the occasional cuss word but both of these are pretty rare. If you like survival and/or outdoor shows, I would definitely reccomend this one!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

Awesomeness

It is just awesome, that is Man vs Wild summarized. Awesome!
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

man vs review

its great i think it educates people and how to survive in the wild very very minimum blood and its real but its safe and not bad at all.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 10, 2011

Good for 9+

Some things Bear Grylles does (eats live bugs, hermit crabs, termites, etc.) are gross. Though the ratings say nudity, it is very rare; I have seen a lot of Man vs. Wild episodes, and barely any have depicted nudity, and if at all, mostly just his chest. Very fascinating, and good to learn survival tips (God forbid you ever are stranded in the wilderness. Very entertaining. Good for 9+
Adult Written byTinyToya July 9, 2011

Unrealistic for the Average Man

This show just seems very unrealistic to me. Bear Grylls is extremely fit and can be seen jumping from planes, climbing mountains, and swinging from ropes; things the average American cannot do! He also kills snakes, camels, or anything he can get his hands on and eats it at once. I don't think he needs to kill animals like that. He does it almost senselessly and without much gratitude for the animal's unnecessary death. We all know he receives assistance from his crew so at least leave animals alone. I am not obssessed with animals, but he could demonstrate things without actually doing them.
Kid, 9 years old March 4, 2011

Bear taking on wilderness - Survival show good for tweens and up.

Bear Grylls and his camera crew basically survive in dangerous wildernesses such as the desert, remote island, etc.Survival is actually intresting for tweens and up, Bear is not a threat here.He teaches you how to survive in the wild, included by techniques used by special forces and information about endangered species.I love it myself and find it intresting, although when he's naked on tv, all his privates are blurred.But however, his butt is sometimes exposed which i don't think young viewers need to see.The point is, Man vs. Wild is actually a great show, i would recommend it for family but not for people aged 7 and under.So, whenever you have a chance, gather the family and learn a thing or two on Man vs. Wild.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueSunday October 6, 2010

It's important for our survival.. but not food for the faint of heart

I've always thought it was pretty cool, that if you ever get lost you would know what to do. Sometimes his crew helps him, but usually its just to record it all, sometimes he does it himself! I know it is a little phony at times, but usually its pretty well done. I can't help but look away though has he kills animals to eat (to eat and what NOT to eat) plus its rather discusting. I like the episode when he's stuck out at sea, that was pretty awesome (not for ACTUAL people lost at sea though, that would not be fun) A lot of the places he goes is actually kinda cool, and he is trying to show what to do if you ever get stuck in the wild (some people do, a lot of people do everyday) so its really quite nessessary.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2010

This show is kinda a phony. I mean he does tough out the harsh places. But he has about 5 people with him the whole time. And as soon as season 4 hit he was butt naked in every episode. Only the Arctic Circle is completely censored
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2010

Even though Bear Gryllis encounters some non-realistic situations, it has great survival tips. I do think he does take off his clothes too much for kids under 8 to see. Overall, it is a great show. truly for entertainment purposes in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

Best TV show ever!

I love this show so much! It's a great nature/survival show if your feeling the mood to watch something like that. I love it!!!!
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byCoachT January 15, 2010

Real life Survivor...great for the whole family.

My family loves this show, correction me and my boys love this show my wife gets grossed out when he eats raw fish/animals. Us "men" are simply amazed by what he does. Very entertaining and educational. Who knew how easy it can be to survive these situations!...If you're not afraid of eating scorpions and climbing up trees to make your nights resting place...LOL