All member reviews for Man vs. Wild

How not to die in the wilderness -- tweens and up.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byh8realitytv April 18, 2010
Aside from all the unmentioned "assisantance" the guy gets, I too am disgusted by why animals must be killed for viewers entertainmentl. I am not a "PETA" lover, but seeing animals senselessly killed for ratings is disgusting. I do not see why discovery rates this show PG. It should be R or even X since the killings are real.
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Man vs. Wild

Great show! Not as good as Survivorman in my opinion, but still a fun, educational show to watch. He sure does bring spunk and energy, but some of his survival techniques seem pretty unnecessary, unless of course you need to be absolutly desperate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGdextor December 28, 2011

Awesomeness

It is just awesome, that is Man vs Wild summarized. Awesome!
Kid, 11 years old October 28, 2014

good

Bear gets naked some times, but everything is blurred out so it is not that bad. If you don't like seeing somebody eat big maggots, blood from a ox, an eye from a ox, scorpions, lizards, snakes and spiders then don't watch it. But if you don't care, then it is a good show.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 21, 2012

my fave educational show

I LOVE THIS SHOW! I ticked violence because he often has to tackle animals and kill small mammals for food when he is in the wild looking for food. I ticked language because sometimes he swears but it is bleeped out. This show is very education actually with Bear Grylls being the amazing role model. He tells you lots about places in the world and about the animals there
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2012

Best survival show by far!

This has been my favorite survival show since it first aired. Bear Grylls is basically my roll model and I love the way he engages the audience. some times there is partial nudity and the occasional cuss word but both of these are pretty rare. If you like survival and/or outdoor shows, I would definitely reccomend this one!
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2010
Even though Bear Gryllis encounters some non-realistic situations, it has great survival tips. I do think he does take off his clothes too much for kids under 8 to see. Overall, it is a great show. truly for entertainment purposes in my opinion.
Adult Written bybleusz April 9, 2008

It was suspenseful and extremely informatiive for emergencies in the wild.

I've been watching weekly for the past month and I thought it was a fantastic show. For reality t.v. it offers information you can 't find anywhere else on survival skills. Life is uncertain and we all need to know this.
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

AWESOME!

This show's pretty good. I like watching it and so does my brother.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written byCoachT January 15, 2010

Real life Survivor...great for the whole family.

My family loves this show, correction me and my boys love this show my wife gets grossed out when he eats raw fish/animals. Us "men" are simply amazed by what he does. Very entertaining and educational. Who knew how easy it can be to survive these situations!...If you're not afraid of eating scorpions and climbing up trees to make your nights resting place...LOL
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjfbrown42 August 26, 2009

Now for a nice cup of pine needle tea... Lots of vitamins

This is a pretty entertaining show. Some of the stuff he has to eat (bugs, etc.) is pretty gross, but that's what you need to do to survive, which is what this show is about. For many kids, this show is the closest they will get to being in the wilderness, and god forbid, if they ever got stranded in the wilderness alone (e.g., a plane crash) I hope they might remember some of what they learn (finding safe water to drink, seeking shelter, building a fire) to help them survive.
Adult Written byJackisthebest June 10, 2009

Pretty nasty at some parts

I like the idea about a guy trying to survive,but cmon drinking your pee,eating raw lizards,eating insects.Its still interesting though.You can get the dvd here http://moourl.com/m05ae
Adult Written bystormin31 April 9, 2008

This show is awesome

Check this show out... it's a cool show.
Adult Written bylinz_121 April 9, 2008

I loved it! was the most interesting show that had facts I can use my self

i love all that interesting facts Bear has to tell. also gives me a good sense of how dangerous nature can be and how to take it on if i ever need to. Bear Rocks!
Adult Written byhayden April 9, 2008

Best show on TV

Only show I make sure I'm in front of TV for. Entire family loves it. Hope they come out with more shows soon.
Adult Written bygimmeabreak April 9, 2008

I am less intelligent for watching

I can't believe this guy thinks we can't see through his B.S.! He exposes himself to dangerous/dramatic situations taking the path of MOST resistance, vice the common sense approach to survival situations. The enjoyment I get out of this show is watching this guy make an idiot out of himself, while remaining offended that he thinks we, the general audience, are dumb enough to buy the crap he is selling. I am glad I live in a country where people can sell this stuff and make a living. Enjoy it dude, your "five minutes of fame" will not last.
Adult Written bysheal88 April 9, 2008

Love it

I love this show, whether scandal or not he is just amazing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

How to survive

Violence: 1/8 Bear is in dangerous situations. Sex: 1/8 Bear must sometimes get naked. His private crotch is blurred, but his bare rump is exposed.
Kid, 10 years old March 8, 2013

Don't judge a kid by it's age

I watched this when I was only 6. I just ignored the bad words. I was a six-year old on the outside, mature tween on the inside. Some kids are actually young on the outisde but mature on the inside.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2011

man vs review

its great i think it educates people and how to survive in the wild very very minimum blood and its real but its safe and not bad at all.